Spare Code ? Dump It here.

Comments

• TeamLava8TeamLava8 Member, BASIC Posts: 294
    @jayleedesigns -- I'm really enjoying the ..
    And your chain demos are too cool!. I just can't wait for joints. You can nake it happen, but it is alot of work.

Making the world better one pixel at a time!

My Website
    Over 70 AWESOME Gamesalad Templates by me!
    HIRE ME!

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879
    edited September 2013
    Mouse Joint (Lightsaber)

Here is one from the archives. There was a question on the forum some time ago on how to do the lightsaber found in this game:
    http://www.aeonity.com/ab/games/simulation/jedi-trainer-light-saber.php

The solution shows how to make a mouse joint (using Box2D terminology). And it makes a fun lightsaber too!
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/62j3l2sf2orht7r/lightSaberPrototype.zip
    I just can't wait for joints. You can nake it happen, but it is alot of work.
    Yes -- imagine how lovely GS would be with just a couple joint behaviors. But it is possible to create just about every type of joint with GS as it is.

The most powerful thing (in my opinion) that GS contains is the vectorToAngle and magnitude functions. (And using degrees, rather than in radians.) Combine those two functions with change velocity, move, and/or rotate -- and you've got ultimate power!
  • LoadedLoaded Member Posts: 240
    Fruit Ninja style fruit toss . . . .
    Hey @Socks what did you use to make the 3D Renders?

Cheers,

Loaded.

Website » Twitter » Facebook » Loaded Arts - Fun for thumbs.

Developer Blog » 08/01/2015 - Week 72 – Apple, the great dictator…

• LoadedLoaded Member Posts: 240
    This is an awesome thread, thanks everyone for the efforts!

Website » Twitter » Facebook » Loaded Arts - Fun for thumbs.

Developer Blog » 08/01/2015 - Week 72 – Apple, the great dictator…

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    Fruit Ninja style fruit toss . . . .
    Hey @Socks what did you use to make the 3D Renders?

Cheers,

Loaded.
    Cinema 4D
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    I posted this a few days ago to help someone out.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/424448/#Comment_424448

It's basically positioning actors using a table. Hope it might help others.

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

@quantumsheep -- This is a great technique for modifying a single prototype actor to take on many characteristics. It cleanly shows the power of tables.

Thanks for sharing this with the community!
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Tired of using dozens of Constrain Behaviors for multiple objects on a Scene when you want to use the Magnitude function inside GameSalad Creator? Tired of having all of the attributes for the Constrains? Well no longer! With GSHelper Radar Detection, you can simply place an actor on the Scene, add a condition to an actor, and you’re set to go!

Use radar to inform the player if they are too close to something. A great example of using magnitude using Tables and Table to Table references within rules.

What's the best part? Only two Constrain behaviors are needed. It doesn't matter if you only have one radar point, or 20. The system takes care of the rest! And it's so simple to edit! Watch the video below for a demonstration!

Press Preview. Sit back, watch and relax.

NOTE: This demo currently only runs in the Nightly Build application. You must have GameSalad Pro in order to use this project.

Download now over at GSHelper.com!

http://gshelper.com/shop/advanced-game-functions/gshelper-radar-detection/

Enjoy!
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    You never cease to amaze @RThurman. What do you teach, quantum physics? Or possibly advanced trigonometry? ;)
    - Thomas
    @Braydon_SFX -- Nice! Thanks for sharing with the GS community.
    @SnapFireStudios -- You might need to look again. The previous demo was posted by @Braydon_SFX, not me.

But to answer you question... No, actually I am fairly average at math. But for some reason GameSalad just seems to make it easier to figure things out. The behaviors in GameSalsd make it very easy to experiment with different mathematical relationships. It gives even the less mathematically inclined (like me) a way to experiment and try out different ideas.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    Someone asked if there was a Bonsai Blast template or tutorial earlier today and it got me thinking if you could make an actor follow a winding path in GameSalad with a table. This project follows a path of x and y positions in a table, but the best bit is you don't need to put in the x and y positions manually. You place one actor multiple times around the scene to create the path, and when the scene loads each of those actors will add their x and y position to the table. The actor will then loop through each row and move to the next x and y positions.

Please keep in mind that the order you place the nodes is the order of the route because each node is incremented by one as they load. You can have as many nodes as you want.

It's not as smooth as Bonsai Blast, but that's probably because of the timer/loops and the move to behaviour but with a little bit of work you might be able to smoothen it or use the mechanics in another type of game like a Tower Defence game for example. The main purpose of the project was to show how to build a path and how to make an actor move along that path.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzul514osg7yzow/GameSalad-Follow-A-Winding-Path.zip

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    Nice one @KevinCross thanks for sharing ... Might come in handy at some stage ...
  • blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    @socks. Does your picture change daily? Or am I seeing things? :P

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

@socks. Does your picture change daily? Or am I seeing things? :P
    Every day I reduce the opacity of one single pixel by 1%, which pixel is chosen for opacity reduction is decided by a panel of 12 overlords who gather once a year in a secret underground lair to decide the 365 pixels (and their order of opacity reduction) for the following year, the chosen pixels are then carved into stone in ancient Hebrew, tied to the back of a winged donkey and flown to an industrial estate just outside of Zurich, where they are translated into binary and transmitted via Morse code to a small boat stationed in the middle of the English Channel, once the codes are received and transferred to a novelty Bart Simpson USB key the boat makes its way to a hidden cave on the coast of the English mainland near Osea Island, whereon the captain deliberately sinks the boat and, after having stripped off and burnt his clothes to avoid detection, makes his way to London disguised as a large woodland creature, moving mainly at night through the undergrowth and hedgerows, once in London the codes are handed over to a man known simply as "the handler" who uses his telepathic powers to ingest the information from the USB key and then email me the X/Y coordinates of the pixel that needs to be altered for that day.

You weren't meant to notice the changes, but now that you have you will be entered onto 'the list', no one wants to be on 'the list'.

• blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    Oh... Well theres more to this than I previously anticipated. Quite an... Odd system you got going. Since you are obviously putting more effort than I thought possible I assume there is something I should be looking deeper for. A reward? A "king profile pic"?? I must know. I'm too deep now!!

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

I must know.
    You already know too much, the last person who asked too many questions was SaladStraightShooter and we all know what happened to him, he was 'retired'.
  • harrywatsonharrywatson Member Posts: 61
    I'd just like to express my gratitude to all who posted templates and to @socks for the thread. I've just started out so it's all gone into my now bulging archive ALL OF IT.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU (cute smileys x 1000)
    @KevinCross -- really nice! That one's a keeper. Thanks for sharing with the community.

@harrywatson -- couldn't agree more. Its great when we celebrate our small GameSalad victories with the community.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    You're welcome @neoman & @RThurman!
    Wobbly orbit, wobbly orbit for a game that wants something to orbit something else but with a wobbly orbit . . . .

@Socks -- Whoa.... that's some freaky distance formula there. Great demo!
    @Socks -- Whoa.... that's some freaky distance formula there. Great demo!
    Lol, yep it's a bit 'tangled' ;)
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    @Socks - Holy Guacamole! What an interesting expression! \m/
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    Since you are obviously putting more effort than I thought possible I assume there is something I should be looking deeper for. A reward? A "king profile pic"?? I must know. I'm too deep now!!
    Too bad there's only one king... >:)

edited October 2013
    @Socks - Holy Guacamole! What an interesting expression! \m/
    @Braydon_SFX

It's actually quite simple (just overly long), it's just the sine of a value (the game's clock) compounded a few times with differing values to introduce a pseudo-randomness to the height of the orbit.

Here's one I did (a kind of growing plant) that did have a comically long (and complex) equation !

A quick and dirty Temple Run type winding path to run along . . . . (into the dark / at night)

The path is procedural so never ends (there are some straight sections after a while), but you can control the spawner with whatever you like (interpolate, way-points . . . etc) to create different paths . . .

More of a wide road at night, a bit like rally car driving at night . . .

With some banking . . .