Free Beginner Templates!

SmokeyAce73SmokeyAce73 EarthMember Posts: 370

Hi guys,

For all the beginners welcome! Enjoy the following post with free templates, use them to get a visual idea on how its done! Free to download and use all art included

Any questions please comment or PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as possible

I do requests!

To start off here's two timers:

One is a timer that counts up, the other counts down.

Preview:

Download Here

Developer For BLUNTentertainment - Feel Free To Message Me! - Free Beginner Templates!

Comments

• SmokeyAce73SmokeyAce73 EarthMember Posts: 370

Here's another for a health bar!

Preview:

Download Here!

Developer For BLUNTentertainment - Feel Free To Message Me! - Free Beginner Templates!

And Another!

Heres a template on SpawningRandomActors!

Preview

Download Here!

• rhysdaramborhysdarambo Member, PRO Posts: 33

Hi SmokeyAce.
    As a GameSalad Noob these are really helpful as building blocks!
    Thanks a lot.

-Rhys.

No worries @rhysdarambo let me know if you need anything in particular!

• DooncamDooncam Member Posts: 34

Hi @SmokeyAce73 wondering how I can delete a character to make a Pinch type movement.

Hi @Dooncam To you mean pinch the corners of, lets say, a square and 'pinch' them together, the actor will shrink until a certain point where it will be deleted? If so i'm sure I can do that, ill create it later on tonight if thats ok

More template coming out tonight/early morning tomorrow!

In the mean time check out http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/66898/be-artboard-colvar-ep01-free-art4you#latest for free art by @Phantomist!

edited April 2014

Controller Left and Right using @phantomist's art

Request by @SodaManCo‌

Preview:

Download Here!

@SodaManCo - Check the layers

Thanks a lot @bjandthekatz. Still learning :smiley:

• bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375
    edited April 2014

@Smokeyace73 It's very nice that you are giving back to the community with these demos. I would only suggest, in the platformer template you could change self.graphic.flip horizontal to true instead of changing the image. This will help save space with a big project and the hassle of manually changing the images.

• AlanoAlano Member, PRO Posts: 70

Smokeyace73: Thanks a lot for sharing these! Really cool!

-Alan

Thanks for saying so @Alano.

Smokeyace73,

I just sent you message but will ask it here as well. Regarding Spawning Random Actors: How do I adjust the speed of the falling actors? I don't see the usual "acceleration" adjustment. Thanks again!

-Alan

@alano I have used interpolate rather than accelerate, change the time on the interpolate behaviour to change the speed

• DooncamDooncam Member Posts: 34

@SmokeyAce73 is just what I wanted to do, I'll be waiting for the help, thanks.

edited April 2014

@alano Here is the Highscore system you requested:

Download Here!

Sorry @Dooncam what was it you needed help with?

• devmattdevmatt Member Posts: 38

Hello can you make a template for the request we gave, regarding the actors spawning rate increasing over time (for one particular actor, not random different actors), basically becoming more difficult as time of that particular scene progresses?

And this one actor spawning at a faster rate progressively, spawning randomly from 3 different spawners, but never spawning at the same time as another actor. Lastly, they also fall at a slightly faster rate as time progresses.

Thank you very much! Sorry if causing a hassle.

@devmatt I'll get on that right away

Spawning Random Actors From Left To Right

Request by: @musafirhina69@yahoo.com‌

Preview:

Download Here!

Smokeyace73: Thanks for making that high score but I think it was someone else's request. Awesome though!

-Alan

@Alano no worries! Feel free to use whatever

• mxs2649mxs2649 Member Posts: 32

@SmokeyAce73‌ i want to put a ball in a bowl and move both of them together, how do to that? Thanks a lot in advance.

hey @mxs2649, I'll start it now!

• Hey @SmokeyAce73‌ I wanted to switch the way the actors spawn, (from right to left instead of left to right). Any ideas on what I would have to do? Thanks in advance!

• junaid558junaid558 Member, PRO Posts: 29

@SmokeyAce73,can you make a short template requested by devmatt(accelaration with time)...it would be great,you are of great help:) -actors spawning rate increasing over time (for one particular actor, not random different actors), basically becoming more difficult as time of that particular scene progresses?

And this one actor spawning at a faster rate progressively, spawning randomly from 3 different spawners, but never spawning at the same time as another actor. Lastly, they also fall at a slightly faster rate as time progresses.

@junoku360@yahoo.com said:
    Hey SmokeyAce73‌ I wanted to switch the way the actors spawn, (from right to left instead of left to right). Any ideas on what I would have to do? Thanks in advance!

Really simple to do, check the Spawner actor and change where they spawn on X axis to -50 (This will make them spawn out of the scene so the play cannot see them spawn

Then go ahead into the random actors and change (I think I used interpolate, not on a computer that can run GS until later otherwise I would check) and change the movement to left rather than right. As I said the computer I'm on at the moment cannot run GameSalad however, tonight i'll double check what I've said and if your still having issues I'll alter the template for you.

@junaid558 said:
    SmokeyAce73,can you make a short template requested by devmatt(accelaration with time)...it would be great,you are of great help:) -actors spawning rate increasing over time (for one particular actor, not random different actors), basically becoming more difficult as time of that particular scene progresses?

Sure thing, i'll have to start later tongiht around 22:00 GMT but i'll hopefully upload once complete if not tomorrow

• junaid558junaid558 Member, PRO Posts: 29

thanks @SmokeyAce73:)

Here's a template requested by @junaid558 and @devmatt for Actors Speeding Up Over Time

Preview Not that it really needs one:

Download Here!