15 day Trial

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

The smartest person I've encountered on this forum is @Socks

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    The smartest person I've encountered on this forum is Socks

I think you missed the point , @The_Un_Forgiven is the smartest person on earth :)

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

@Socks is not a Pro user, but his contribution to the forum is invaluable. Too bad if we will lose people like him because there is no free version... So, what is your plan @Socks? Will you stay on?

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited July 2015

@Socks will be here.

I hope so and im willing to help fund his time here too. If GSHQ dont reconise his invaluable presence in these forums by rewarding him with free Basic, I personally dont mind helping to fund his licence and will rally around to ensure he is around for sometime yet.

EDIT: Assuming of cause that Socks doesnt want to purchase such a licence. To my knowledge, @Socks uses the software to experiment and help others rather than to publish games himself.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

I have a feeling that @Socks is perfectly able to pay for Basic and is not in need of charity, but appreciates the gestures. @Socks is not a Pro because he uses GameSalad for things that do not need IAP and publishing. He is not a Pro because he never needed to be, not couldn't afford to be. I'm basing this on things he's said about what he uses GameSalad for - things that pay well and don't need publishing.

So I don't think we need to worry about @Socks. If he feels GameSalad still provides value for him, he'll buy it. If he doesn't, he won't.

I actually think it's a very dangerous precent to set giving ANY forum member free Basic/Pro. Once you do it for one, you kind of have to do it for all. Why should @tatiang or @RThurman pay for their sub if @Socks doesn't?

Let's just wait another 13 days and see if @Socks vanishes or suddenly becomes a Basic member :P

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited July 2015

Socks does not need no stink'n pro badge to be a pro. He's old school who schools.

Personally I can't believe this guy gotten this far in those clown shoes. He really thinks he is going to come in here and crap in room and on everyone (belittling GS and it's community) and no one is going to notice?

I think he is in love with the idea of being a developer, he certainly is in love with himself and his nonsense. A self-appointed reality built upon assumptions is a horrible foundation.

BTW a squirrel can apply to the The Art Institute and get accepted. It would be soooo awesome to fund projects and people with intentions alone, right? Right?

Seriously guys, don't waste your time on this person anymore. Can you make his forum account a 15 day trial too? ;)

@Armelline said:
    I have a feeling that Socks is perfectly able to pay for Basic and is not in need of charity, but appreciates the gestures. Socks is not a Pro because he uses GameSalad for things that do not need IAP and publishing. He is not a Pro because he never needed to be, not couldn't afford to be. I'm basing this on things he's said about what he uses GameSalad for - things that pay well and don't need publishing.

So I don't think we need to worry about Socks. If he feels GameSalad still provides value for him, he'll buy it. If he doesn't, he won't.

I actually think it's a very dangerous precent to set giving ANY forum member free Basic/Pro. Once you do it for one, you kind of have to do it for all. Why should tatiang or RThurman pay for their sub if Socks doesn't?

Let's just wait another 13 days and see if Socks vanishes or suddenly becomes a Basic member :P

You may have a valid point but ive sent you a PM as what I have to reply shouldnt be general forum knowledge.

@RP said:
    Can you make his forum account a 15 day trial too? ;)

I nearly fell off my chair laughing!

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692

@gingagaming said:
    You may have a valid point but ive sent you a PM as what I have to reply shouldnt be general forum knowledge.

Curious :)

@RP said:
    Can you make his forum account a 15 day trial too? ;)

Haha :)

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

@The_Un_Forgiven Your trolling is too good to be true. I appreciate that you love yourself, really I do. But really?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

My favourite quote so far:

One, you know im right. Two, im providing very valid points and Three, I have not paid for anything.

• floatingwoofloatingwoo Los Angeles, Calif.Member Posts: 393

This is the funniest thread Ive ever read on the forums. Is this guy a comedian? No for real is he? :D

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@floatingwoo said:
    This is the funniest thread Ive ever read on the forums. Is this guy a comedian? No for real is he? :D

If he is, then i bet he is the #1 comedian. Perhaps we've seen him on TV or maybe he would claim to be the person who writes all the jokes for the famous ones.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• chaosmasterrochaosmasterro Member, PRO Posts: 51

Wow. I just started using Gamesalad a two months ago. I was planning on buying the Pro version when I was ready to publish. I guess the dollar at the end of the day is more important.
    In my opinion this is complete greed with the payment options. 200 or 300$ a year for this. It would make a lot more sense if this was a one-time payment. Microsoft Office is more widely used and you can find its products from as low as 50$-150$ and it's permanent. Completely disgusted with this marketing team.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@chaosmasterro said:
    Completely disgusted with this marketing team.

What marketing team?

I guess the dollar at the end of the day is more important.

That's what our landlord keeps telling us, unfortunately :(

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• ant_ladant_lad Member Posts: 222

@rp The squirrel would of course need the means to pay tuition

@chaosmasterro microsoft office is a whole different thing.

We can compare Gameslad to Microsoft? Hmm i wonder where @CodeWizard is hiding all the billions!

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Two years ago I was looking at apply at The Art Institute of Vancouver. One of the really cool things about that school is you get to personally talk to the professor that would be teaching you. The professor was asking why I had not been in game development sooner, one of a kind he believed. So much so that he wanted to offer me a scholarship, however the school couldn't fund it and I was way out of bounds of what it would have costed for what I wanted to do.

This thread is golden man, @The_Un_Forgiven should be given a Gamesalad scholorship after this. He's convinced me he is a prodigy in every way, and at 33 no less. He really shouldn't have to pay.

One more question @The_Un_Forgiven do you have a portfolio? I would love to see it.

I mean it's not very often someone of your caliber graces one of these threads. You have to be smarter and more qualified then like 99% of everyone in this thread right?

Probably a master artist too. Your data seems to back that up.

Here is my portfolio site, add me so I can learn from your ways.

Portfolio

Follow us: Twitter - Website

@AlchimiaStudios Thanks for the link Josh! Hey forget this guy. Tell me , what are you working in, I mean what program are you using to make your graphics? PM me if you have the time.Thanks

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@floatingwoo said:
    @AlchimiaStudios Thanks for the link Josh! Hey forget this guy. Tell me , what are you working in, I mean what program are you using to make your graphics? PM me if you have the time.Thanks

Thanks, almost exclusively Photoshop CC using a Wacom Intuos 4. Sometimes to quickly get perspective i'll also use Sketchup.

When I animate (working on a RPG for awhile now) they are largely done in GS using math and tricks. Kinda like you've been doing lately (great stuff btw). Also Spriter, Photoshop, DP Animation maker, and soon to be Toon Boom.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

@AlchimiaStudios Nice, Thanks for sharing. Got you beat I'm on a Intuos 3.

• TooTroublesomeTooTroublesome Member Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

I'm brand new to all this and it seems I appeared right a the wrong time, thought I would give my opinion as a newbie.

I came up with an idea for a game last week and it kept going around my head over and over and I couldn't sleep and started writing in a notebook of ideas. I have no idea how to make games so I watched dozens of hours of youtube tutorials for GameSalad before even downloading it as it was free and looked simple to start trying.

Now I sit here ready to begin and I am starring at a black square with 13 Days Left in the top right hand corner. I am disheartened as heck. I feel like there's a pressure to spend all my free time on this in the next 2 weeks, but I also know I will not have learned much in that time and I will be throwing away money after that. :(

Oh well,
    Thanks for listening,
    TT

@TooTroublesome said:
    but I also know I will not have learned much in that time and I will be throwing away
    money after that. :(

I wouldn't consider it throwing money away. The quick learn curve and the small investment put into Gamesalad can be easily earned back plus some more. It is truly a great tool that opens up many opportunities for us, certainly not a waste.

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

@The_Un_Forgiven said:
    Very very very bad business decision.

YES!

• TooTroublesomeTooTroublesome Member Posts: 2

Hi Lovejoy,

Thanks, I am starting to think it is not for me. Just made a goomba move from left to right on a floor as a test and the software has completely crashed twice when trying to preview taking my progress with it. I'm sure its my PC, but this is looking like a bigger uphill than I expected from all the learning and prep I did for this.

As for easily making my money back, from what I have read that seems very unlikely. I'd be quite happy to be convinced otherwise. I'm stubborn I'll try for a fair bit longer but I only have so much patients. haha

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

@TooTroublesome said:
    Hi Lovejoy,

Thanks, I am starting to think it is not for me. Just made a goomba move from left to right on a floor as a test and the software has completely crashed twice when trying to preview taking my progress with it. I'm sure its my PC, but this is looking like a bigger uphill than I expected from all the learning and prep I did for this.

As for easily making my money back, from what I have read that seems very unlikely. I'd be quite happy to be convinced otherwise. I'm stubborn I'll try for a fair bit longer but I only have so much patients. haha

Lol.

@TooTroublesome said:
    Hi Lovejoy,

>

If you are sure its your PC, how can Gamesalad be blamed for that? :)

Making $300 in a year with Gamesalad is not very hard. Making a living with it its what is hard. But like anything in this world, it requires dedication and some sacrifice to make it through. Perhaps it won't be 1000's of $ per month, but your money back for sure. Also added on the skill of getting better at it as time goes on which is priceless. I see no $ loss in it, just a win win.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited July 2015

The smartest person I've encountered on this forum is Socks

Um. Hello? Have you ever seen my exceptional laundry folding skills? Needless to say, it takes some brain power.

:P

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@Braydon_SFX said:
    :P

I think that bowl has gone to your head.... :p