• saif_shammarisaif_shammari Member Posts: 128
    edited January 2016

Still waiting :/

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@saif_shammari said:
    Still waiting :/

Get a Mac. ;)

• ETGgamesETGgames Member, PRO Posts: 190

At least give us a rough estimate of timing - don't appease us with an early date like before new year! Its better to just tell us 3 months or whatever so we can stop waiting and get on with what we have without this idea of more features right around the corner!

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited January 2016

@ETGgames said:
    At least give us a rough estimate of timing - don't appease us with an early date like before new year! Its better to just tell us 3 months or whatever so we can stop waiting and get on with what we have without this idea of more features right around the corner!

I think a large amount of unexpected bugs with 1.24.x is what caused them to push it back so far. I hope the radio silence means they are hard at work fixing those issues while perfecting the new features, but a "hey were alive and working hard" would be nice at least.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236

I too hope it's coming soon. I've got a week off from work all next week and I was hoping to finish up some of the stuff I still need to do in my game that relies on fonts. It's hard knowing that it exists but we can't use it! Probably only slightly harder to fix bugs that have cropped up in creator itself but c'mon. ;)

• epicmanepicman Games Developer Crewe, United KingdomMember, PRO Posts: 21

Any update @stevej ?? ;)

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

In case you are wondering 1.25 is "feature complete" or "feature locked". We're still running it through the ringer (there are issues with rendered fonts being blurry, published apps crashing, etc.) The team is hard at work squashing the bugs!

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@adent42 said:
    In case you are wondering 1.25 is "feature complete" or "feature locked". We're still running it through the ringer (there are issues with rendered fonts being blurry, published apps crashing, etc.) The team is hard at work squashing the bugs!

I'm super excited to play with 1.25 and greatly appreciate the extra time the team is putting in to ensure this build is amazing! Thanks for all you do!

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Keep at it! Having it right is the most important thing.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@adent42 said:

Thanks for the update! Go team go! :p

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    Keep at it! Having it right is the most important thing.

Exactly. Rather wait until its fully baked then have a build rushed to appease people.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

I will be quite content to have a stable, bug free 1.25 to use for the rest of 2016. Go GS Team! :relieved:

• TobyToby Member Posts: 478

Great, the fonts feature will be really handy - Getting tired of the standard font subset or fudging the font using images in GS. Perhaps there needs to be a little demo posted around correct font usage and what's considered a licensed font and what is a freeware font.

@Toby said:
    Great, the fonts feature will be really handy - Getting tired of the standard font subset or fudging the font using images in GS. Perhaps there needs to be a little demo posted around correct font usage and what's considered a licensed font and what is a freeware font.

You can see a fonts usage restrictions from where you download it.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Looking forward to 1.25. Just hope it comes out this year.

@Hypnorabbit said:

It will sometime this month.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@Hypnorabbit said:

The GameSalad team have been torn apart recently for releasing new versions that had bugs slip through testing, so you'll have to understand their desire to get this build as right as possible before releasing! It's a version with a ton of changes and additions, so a lot of work!

@Armelline said:

@Hypnorabbit said:

The GameSalad team have been torn apart recently for releasing new versions that had bugs slip through testing, so you'll have to understand their desire to get this build as right as possible before releasing! It's a version with a ton of changes and additions, so a lot of work!

I agree people bitch no matter what you do so might as well make it right.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@Armelline said:

@Hypnorabbit said:

As one of the people who has publicly slammed The team for doing this, I greatly appreciate the time an effort going into testing, fixing and testing further to produce a build that works as expected. No point in having features if it breaks other elements of the game.

Rome wasn't built in a day!

Just so you all know GS put together a small team of veteran users who actively proved the are reliable testers. They are testing the builds and providing feedback, crash reports et.. To the team. Be encouraged great progress is being made and know that debuging is hard work and the solutions aren't always simple. But the team is hard at work and making great progress.

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    Just so you all know GS put together a small team of veteran users who actively proved the are reliable testers. They are testing the builds and providing feedback, crash reports et.. To the team. Be encouraged great progress is being made and know that debuging is hard work and the solutions aren't always simple. But the team is hard at work and making great progress.

Is there any way to become part of the team?

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

@ETGgames I doubt there is a signup form:P I assume you need to have a veteran status and be really close with the gamesalad dev's in order to obtain the alpha/beta builds. The wait is long, but once its out it out, be patient:)

@Approw said:
    @ETGgames I doubt there is a signup form:P I assume you need to have a veteran status and be really close with the gamesalad dev's in order to obtain the alpha/beta builds. The wait is long, but once its out it out, be patient:)

Actually, it's just the people who responded to an open call for testers a few months ago, and who chose to stick around and keep testing and providing feedback. There was no selection criteria initially, just those who obsessively browse the forums!

The idea is to help the team not have access to early builds. After the series of buggy builds and some things seeming to slip through they posted on the forum for help. In the past people signed up but didn't offer any feedback which was why they disbanded the formal beta team a while ago. People were getting the beta and not helping. As Armeline said you need to be very active around here and pay attention

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    The idea is to help the team not have access to early builds. After the series of buggy builds and some things seeming to slip through they posted on the forum for help. In the past people signed up but didn't offer any feedback which was why they disbanded the formal beta team a while ago. People were getting the beta and not helping. As Armeline said you need to be very active around here and pay attention

And if we are very active and are willing to help and give feedback would there be a way of becoming a tester?

edited February 2016

@ETGgames said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

And if we are very active and are willing to help and give feedback would there be a way of becoming a tester?

I doubt they are adding any people as they currently have a good solid group who know the software very well.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478
    edited February 2016

@ETGgames said:

PM @ForumNinja , especially if you're a Windows Creator user. :)

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited February 2016

@stevej @adent42 (Sorry, I don't know if I should tag someone specific for this)

Hey there! Will this issue be fixed in 1.25?

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/89897/loading-image-error-landscape-mode

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1416

Landscape games look extremely unprofessional on the newest iPhones right now and I don't feel like releasing my game until this has been dealt with (weird issues like this right at the start of an app might very well cost a feature on the AppStore).

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    edited February 2016

Just curious.......How is the progress on the GS viewer update that will be needed for the 1.25 GSC release. How soon after the GSC1.25 release can we hope to see the viewer update aswell? And Im speaking in regards to getting it from the app store. Not GS site.

• epicmanepicman Games Developer Crewe, United KingdomMember, PRO Posts: 21
    edited February 2016

@FINNBOGG said:
    Just curious.......How is the progress on the GS viewer update that will be needed for the 1.25 GSC release. How soon after the GSC1.25 release can we hope to see the viewer update aswell? And Im speaking in regards to getting it from the app store. Not GS site.

Hi there :)

Normally the app stores GS viewer takes up to a week to update, all depends on traffic for other apps.

However you can get the GS viewer earlier by directly downloading it from the website in the downloads section of the site. Although I saw that you dont want to get it from the site, thats the fastest way of getting it I'm afraid :/ Android its straight forward but on iOS you will need a license etc.

Hope this helps :)

@FINNBOGG said:

This is entirely out of GameSalad's hands. When 1.25 is released they'll submit the Viewer, and it will take the amount of time Apple decide to make them wait. Should be available almost immediately on the Google store though, as we all know they really don't care about things like checking if apps/games are broken.