Heads up for 1.25 release

1192021222325»

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Thunder_Child - Good luck ! Thanks for all the help, really appreciated.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,318
    edited April 2016

@Hypnorabbit said:
    How's progress on the update going? Should we be expecting anything in the next couple of weeks?

They're closer and closer. Afaik only the one issue is on their todo-list, and they've made good progress with it.

Remember, they fully expected to have this build out by Christmas. Things have proved much more... troublesome than they expected. Pinning down an ETA is not going to be easy :D

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@Armelline said:

@Hypnorabbit said:
    How's progress on the update going? Should we be expecting anything in the next couple of weeks?

They're closer and closer. Afaik only the one issue is on their todo-list, and they've made good progress with it.

Remember, they fully expected to have this build out by Christmas. Things have proved much more... troublesome than they expected. Pinning down an ETA is not going to be easy :D

Hmm someone flagged this post :D weird

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

It' has been nice to see videos of the features in action to see a glimpse of what will be coming.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,318

@AlchimiaStudios said:

There's someone who makes a special effort to flag my posts when they see them :D

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Armelline said:

@AlchimiaStudios said:

There's someone who makes a special effort to flag my posts when they see them :D

I just report you to the police.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited April 2016

@Socks said:

@Armelline said:

@AlchimiaStudios said:

I just report you to the police.

Calling all cars. Be on the lookout for a pesky rabbit.

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

They look a bit German :lol:

edited April 2016

@Dues said:

They look a bit German :lol:

Keystone cops classic from the Chaplin era. Who flagged the keystone cops..lol someone needs a history lesson. The keystone cops were an American comedy bit during the silent film era. German? It say police in English on the vehicles..lol

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

@Armelline Thanks Armelline here's to hoping we hear something very soon! I'm itching to use custom fonts in a title I want to release asap, as I'm sure many other people are too :star: :star: And somebody knows their silent films @Lost_Oasis_Games... I thought they looked rather German too :open_mouth:

@Hypnorabbit said:
    @Armelline Thanks Armelline here's to hoping we hear something very soon! I'm itching to use custom fonts in a title I want to release asap, as I'm sure many other people are too :star: :star: And somebody knows their silent films @Lost_Oasis_Games... I thought they looked rather German too :open_mouth:

It must be the generation gap. Although an observant eye would have noticed the writing on the cars is in English ;)

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

Poor Germans... still taking flak after so long.

Put a guy in a uniform and give him a Toothbrush Moustache, and he's an instant German. One of the most popular moustache styles of the early 20th century, driven out of fashion by one man...

But yup... I think it is a generation thing... I still remember Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy and Keystone Cops movies being shown on TV as a kid, but can't recall the last time Ive seen one aired in the past 20 years.

• ETGgamesETGgames Member, PRO Posts: 190

@Chunkypixels said:

Put a guy in a uniform and give him a Toothbrush Moustache, and he's an instant German. One of the most popular moustache styles of the early 20th century, driven out of fashion by one man...

But yup... I think it is a generation thing... I still remember Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy and Keystone Cops movies being shown on TV as a kid, but can't recall the last time Ive seen one aired in the past 20 years.

I too think 1.25 is going to be a great build...

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Dues

@Chunkypixels said:

Everybody had a big moustache back then: President Theodore Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Lloyd George, King George V, Canadian Prime Minister Sir Robert Borden, Australian Prime Minister Andrew Fisher, even my great grandmother... who was actually of distant German descent! :D

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

@Chunkypixels said:

I watch Laurel & Hardy's March of the Wooden Soldiers every Thanksgiving!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited April 2016

Too bad!
    I really waited for the last week now in the hope i can update all my android apps with 1.25 to get rid of the android security issue.

But now this Monday I will also have to downgrade to 1.23.1
    as some people here suggested as it was the last stable build without the stuttering.

Else by the end of the month google would remove my apps from the store and I would lose 75% of my revenue.

So if there is any chance that 1.25 still goes live in the early next week please tell us on Monday or latest Tuesday.

Because I don't want to update all my apps twice just because 1.25 went live 1 day after i am through with updating them all.

But I rather do this than losing my apps.

Also this will finally remove the stress in the back of my head, when its finally done.
    I might should have done that earlier but I really believed you can push out that update earlier.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277
    edited April 2016

@BigDave - yeah I'm in the same position and time is ticking!
    When do you believe you need to update all Google Play apps by? - I thought it was mid next month but might be wrong.

• ETGgamesETGgames Member, PRO Posts: 190

@BigDave said:
    Too bad!
    I really waited for the last week now in the hope i can update all my android apps with 1.25 to get rid of the android security issue.

as some people here suggested as it was the last stable build without the stuttering.

Else by the end of the month google would remove my apps from the store and I would lose 75% of my revenue.

So if there is any chance that 1.25 still goes live in the early next week please tell us on Monday or latest Tuesday.

Because I don't want to update all my apps twice just because 1.25 went live 1 day after i am through with updating them all.

Also this will finally remove the stress in the back of my head, when its finally done.
    I might should have done that earlier but I really believed you can push out that update earlier.

I don't think they will remove them, they will just block updating unless you have the security added
    "Beginning 17 May 2016, Google Play will block publishing of any new apps or updates containing the unsafe implementation of the interface X509TrustManager."

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

oh thats nice! Actually more time than i thought. Thought it was 1th May
    I guess we can play the betting game if 1.25 is out before the deadline a bit longer.

@BigDave said:
    Too bad!

We just got a build that is looking like a possible candidate. Early testing looks promising. Some minor flickering was reported but the stuttering issue is nearly eliminated.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@Lost_Oasis_Games Thanks for the update ! I hope fixing the stuttering issue doesn't create other new bugs .

• teamdklteamdkl Member Posts: 12

Developers should be realistic, 1.25 is a major update which just means the release will have some issues once developers start using it. My guts tells me 1.26 to 1.28 will be the happy place for most of us.

Even if 1.25 came out next week, what's the chances you can update your games and it's good enough for release? I hope for the best, but the rules of software usually win out over faith ;)

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

@teamdkl said:
    Developers should be realistic, 1.25 is a major update which just means the release will have some issues once developers start using it. My guts tells me 1.26 to 1.28 will be the happy place for most of us.

Even if 1.25 came out next week, what's the chances you can update your games and it's good enough for release? I hope for the best, but the rules of software usually win out over faith ;)

There will never be a build that everyone will be satisfied with. Someone will always complain about something.
    GS has brought us a whole lot of features the past year that is awesome.
    If you throw the question out there, you will have 100 answers with what the engine is lacking or features that should be implemented as of yesterday.
    In my opinion GS is a fantastic tool that has brought a lot of cool features recently.
    I will definetly stick around to see GS evolve.
    I know some great stuff is coming..

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@teamdkl said:

i think this particular build has been put through the paces more than any previous build. Besides GS doing their own QA, there have been a bunch of folks running it on their own projects and finding issues that were not found at HQ. I'm sure some people will find some minor issues, they always do (so backup before you try!), but it really is pretty solid. I've been using it to test my HTML5->EXE proof of concept and i haven't had one issue.

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368

Just noticed this on the Windows publishing page. Searched the forums and haven't seen any posts on it.

**Starting with GameSalad Creator 1.25, Windows 8 Metro Style App publishing is no longer supported.

To build Windows apps, we suggest using the HTML5 target and placing that app in an Apache Cordova wrapper. More information can be found here. Cordova allows you to target Blackberry 10, Ubuntu, Windows and Windows Phone 8.

We will continue to support Windows 8 publishing for at least another month (as of 04/01/2016) for apps published with versions of creator earlier than 1.25.**

Has anybody used Apache Cordova wrapper before? It will be nice to be able to target Windows phones for my apps I've created with GS though.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

As @jonmulcahy said we testers have run through this build pretty well. We have run old projects of our through it as well. I've been testing it on projects that were last opened in 10.4.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@8BitAvrin said:
    Just noticed this on the Windows publishing page. Searched the forums and haven't seen any posts on it.

**Starting with GameSalad Creator 1.25, Windows 8 Metro Style App publishing is no longer supported.

To build Windows apps, we suggest using the HTML5 target and placing that app in an Apache Cordova wrapper. More information can be found here. Cordova allows you to target Blackberry 10, Ubuntu, Windows and Windows Phone 8.

We will continue to support Windows 8 publishing for at least another month (as of 04/01/2016) for apps published with versions of creator earlier than 1.25.**

Has anybody used Apache Cordova wrapper before? It will be nice to be able to target Windows phones for my apps I've created with GS though.

I've used it in the past. Right now I'm using web2executable to build a straight exe. If I remember correctly Cordova only targets windows store apps, not standalone exes. For Windows phone store though, it would be perfect. There are lots of different products out there.

• chaosmasterrochaosmasterro Member, PRO Posts: 51

If Creator 1.25 Android performance can match the performance on the iPhone. I can't wait!

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Just got a new build and it looks like the shuttering bug is gone! Excellent work from the GS team!