Heads up for 1.25 release

Comments

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

I've been doing this long enough to know that time restraints are out of the hands of the app submitter once submitted. I was referring to The actual submission, how long after 1.25s release would it be before the viewer for it would be submitted to apple.

This would be gs first official update submission to apple. Wanted to make sure they had not dropped that department to allocate more man power to "engine stability". I don't make assumptions. I ask so the subject is on record. Call me a pessimist, Glass is half empty kind of guy. But I'm that kind of guy when it come to GS and their announcements of future expectations. I admit their track record on things, has greatly improved. But not to the point where I'm a glass is half full kinda guy. sorry my skepticism but I feel it's warranted.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

There have been two updates to the iOS viewer already, so it's definitely happening, even with minor releases.

• tmanntmann Member Posts: 278

@FINNBOGG Hi :) I think we may have communicated over skype in previous existences (well mine anyway). This is a genuine question and not me trying to coil springs but what was it about building the viewer every release that you found the most hassle ?

I don't frequent GSC as much as most. I step back from time to time. In that time things change. Steps change and in time I forget those steps. And it aggrivates me to have to delve into Xcode and deal with provision files and all that other yadda yadda. And go to iTunes connect and deal with expired this and that yadda yadda. Or go to the App Store and download the viewer app. See how simple that was.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Remember that Viewer doesn't need to be updated as frequently as it used to. Now you only need to update when a new engine version is released. So all releases of 1.24 would work with any 1.24 Viewer version. 1.25 will, however, need a viewer update. However, once you update to 1.25 you won't need to update the Viewer again until 1.26 is released, even if there are 50 releases in between.

• tmanntmann Member Posts: 278

@FINNBOGG completely agree that having the viewer on the app store is by far the simplest way of doing things but with Xcode 7 it's a two minute job with no visits or provisioning to worry about. :)

@tmann. when the 1.25 comes out. make me a video on how easy it is. heck you can email a 2 minute video. hahaha

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited February 2016

Is the android performance issues included on 1.25 fix ? my game lags every few seconds on android devices, used to be smooth and fast , but now it only works well on an iphone. Should this be reported or is it a known issue ?

EDIT: Testing GS viewer on android works different than a published apk , the published apk is much better in regards to performance but there is still a bit of stuttering, I saw people complaining about it but I dont know if its one of the known issues to be fixed or not. Any feedback would be great , thanks and good luck to GS team.

I totally agree on not releasing 1.25 until its SOLID. very solid. But out of curiosity...we have a new time frame? Theres been a few since day one of this topic creation. Whats the latest update?

• myke66myke66 Member Posts: 74

This update can't come soon enough, the tablecellvalue or variables not updating bug is driving me nuts

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@Hoodloc best person to tag is @GeorgeGS

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited February 2016

@adent42 Good to know, thank you!

@GeorgeGS There's a bug with the splash screen on the newest set of iDevices and it seems to appear on Android too. It was reported back in september. Will this be fixed in 1.25?

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/89897/loading-image-error-landscape-mode

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1416

Cheers!

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@Hoodloc said:
    @adent42 Good to know, thank you!

@GeorgeGS There's a bug with the splash screen on the newest set of iDevices and it seems to appear on Android too. It was reported back in september. Will this be fixed in 1.25?

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/89897/loading-image-error-landscape-mode

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1416

Cheers!

Can't promise anything because it will depend how complex the fix is, but it is on our list of things to look at for 1.25.

• ElemetAppsElemetApps Member, PRO Posts: 55

@GeorgeGS Just wonder, do you know the timeline rite now?

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@Elemet said:

All of the features are complete and we are down to fixing bugs. I can't really predict how long that will take, but I hope we will be able to finish it up soon. I know y'all are waiting, and I know there were some time frames mentioned before but that was before more features were added and unfortunately more bugs discovered.

Quality is important and I don't want to push it out before it's ready because we said we'd meet a date. I know "when it's done" isn't very helpful, but that's all I've got right now until we wrangle some of the more complicated issues.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@GeorgeGS said:

@Elemet said:

All of the features are complete and we are down to fixing bugs. I can't really predict how long that will take, but I hope we will be able to finish it up soon. I know y'all are waiting, and I know there were some time frames mentioned before but that was before more features were added and unfortunately more bugs discovered.

Quality is important and I don't want to push it out before it's ready because we said we'd meet a date. I know "when it's done" isn't very helpful, but that's all I've got right now until we wrangle some of the more complicated issues.

That's actually a very satisfying answer. Glad to hear that it won't be pushed out until it's perfect. Thanks guys!

• quattroquattro Member Posts: 66
    edited February 2016

@GeorgeGS said:

@Elemet said:

Thanks for answer @GeorgeGS . I wonder if you guys fixing the stuttering issue in this build or not? I'm waiting for a fix to release my game. Cheers.

• msx88msx88 Member, PRO Posts: 27

I really hope the stuttering issue gets fixed as well! thank you!

@jimmyxpark said:
    I really hope the stuttering issue gets fixed as well! thank you!

The stuttering fix should be top prio since most of our games are unplayable right now :neutral: really looking forward to this :neutral:

• Terrellort_GamingTerrellort_Gaming Member Posts: 93

I'm loving the custom font feature. Thanks GS team.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

I really hope they fix the slomo in creator & on Android device, i must restart GS every 5-10min(so im not get crazy) when it get to slow

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@quattro said:

The stuttering fix should be top prio since most of our games are unplayable right now :neutral: really looking forward to this :neutral:

We should all have patience but I hope its a known issue.

• birkulesbirkules Member, PRO Posts: 29
    edited February 2016

Yeah I´m also really hoping for some better performance with the newer versions. Android is really bad for me. Everything stutters once every second no matter how small and simple the project is. iOS has also gotten worse than it was a some month back. I tried some old projects to see if it was just the game I´m working on now, but they also stutter at random times, and they used to be smooth on iPhone 4 and now stutter on iPhone 6. I know you guys work hard so I have hope this can get better soon

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

Is there any rough estimate when 1.25
    with hopefully better performance shows up?

Just because of iAd removal I have to update all iOS versions and because of the google play security issue I have to update all google play version

I would like to do this in one run with the newest version if possible.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Do we need to remove the iAds or will it just be gone by itself? And then we have Google security, what exactly do we need to do there?

• claycollins33claycollins33 Member, PRO Posts: 8

This will be very useful, nice update coming w 1.25 indeed.

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

@BigDave I think the staff doesn't want to give anymore estimates since they failed to deliver numerous of times (I don't blame them). I think a great way to communicate with the us about a new release is if they made a checklist or status list with the new features and bugs they are working on. I think people would complain less because they can see what the staff is working on, and how much progress they have made. I don't mean a weekly report like they did before, but when a feature is done "check", passed Q&A? "check", new feature caused more bugs, add them to the list. Pretty much like a track and trace system. We would be one big happy family:D

Most of us are paying customers, at least give us something to keep track of the new releases:)

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited February 2016

@Approw
    Yep I normally don't bother that much about new release and even wait 2-4 weeks after its out so I am sure there are no major issues before using it.

but this time all these updates and the iAd and google security deadlines coming up..
    I just would like to avoid updating xx Apps twice.

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648

@BigDave said:
    @Approw
    Yep I normally don't bother that much about new release and even wait 2-4 weeks after its out so I am sure there are no major issues before using it.

but this time all these updates and the iAd and google security deadlines coming up..
    I just would like to avoid updating xx Apps twice.

I completely agree with this... I recently moved and the internet is so bad and it takes me about 5-10 minutes to upload a 5mb project. So I'll definitely wait on the major update before I do anymore updates.

@Approw said:
    @BigDave I think the staff doesn't want to give anymore estimates since they failed to deliver numerous of times (I don't blame them). I think a great way to communicate with the us about a new release is if they made a checklist or status list with the new features and bugs they are working on. I think people would complain less because they can see what the staff is working on, and how much progress they have made. I don't mean a weekly report like they did before, but when a feature is done "check", passed Q&A? "check", new feature caused more bugs, add them to the list. Pretty much like a track and trace system. We would be one big happy family:D

Most of us are paying customers, at least give us something to keep track of the new releases:)

Great suggestion. im in the dark here about the problem i have. I dont even know they're working on it or not. Just waiting for a release. i'd care less about release date if i knew they've solved/working on the bug i have