Heads up for 1.25 release

Comments

• TobyToby Member Posts: 478

Silly question how do you get access to the 1.25 beta... do i have to do some hoop jumping or can anyone volunteer?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Another (small) bug for the list.

Rotation values of 2 or less don't work.

Entering 2 or less as a value for the Rotation Behaviour (or for the actor's Angular Velocity) results in the actor rotating for less than 1° and then stopping.

edited March 2016

One other 'slow speed' bug.

Collisions below the speed of 70.7pps don't work correctly.

An actor travelling at or below this speed will fail to bounce back when colliding with another actor.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@Socks said:

An actor travelling at or below this speed will fail to bounce back when colliding with another actor.

The new better collisions checkbox will remedy this.

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

The new fonts are looking crisp and amazing!

@ETGgames Are you beta testing 1.25? How can you tell if the new fonts are looking crisp and amazing :o ?

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@Socks said:

Cool ! :) 1.25 is shaping up to be quite an upgrade in all sorts of little ways !

Could you stick the Rotation bug (above) onto the 1.25 bug list too (I'm not able to do so myself), much appreciated !

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@Socks said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@Socks said:

Cool ! :) 1.25 is shaping up to be quite an upgrade in all sorts of little ways !

Could you stick the Rotation bug (above) onto the 1.25 bug list too (I'm not able to do so myself), much appreciated !

I already did. I imagine the issue is related to the radians issue I reported.

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236

@ETGgames said:
    The new fonts are looking crisp and amazing!

This post made me restart gamesalad to see if the update had happened. No luck. :(

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    I already did.

Cheers !

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    I imagine the issue is related to the radians issue I reported.

Actually it predates the Lua change (where rotational values began being read in radians rather than degrees), it's been a bug for a long time, the oldest version of GS I have is 11.11 (august 2014) and it's in that.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@owen_dennis said:

This post made me restart gamesalad to see if the update had happened. No luck. :(

Not yet, but a lot of progress is being made daily. The custom fonts are pretty much there and currently looking amazing (even custom made pixel-perfect 8bit fonts).

A few things still need smoothing out, though, so that they work consistently across the board.

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236

@pHghost said:

@owen_dennis said:

Not yet, but a lot of progress is being made daily. The custom fonts are pretty much there and currently looking amazing (even custom made pixel-perfect 8bit fonts).

A few things still need smoothing out, though, so that they work consistently across the board.

That's cool. I was hoping it would come out this past week as I now have two weeks off from work to make games, but I guess it'll probably be another month or so. :-/

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Do the text functions in the expression editor work well with custom fonts ? its a silly question but i was just wondering

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@Icebox said:
    Do the text functions in the expression editor work well with custom fonts ? its a silly question but i was just wondering

Yes, the custom fonts work just like the current fonts and display text behaviour.

• @ETGgames I also have 1.25 beta but I did not see any rules for custom fonts to display, I just saw a tab to import the font. Is there any purticular rules for it?

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276
    edited March 2016

@Nabbo said:
    @ETGgames I also have 1.25 beta but I did not see any rules for custom fonts to display, I just saw a tab to import the font. Is there any purticular rules for it?

Import the font you want in to the fonts tab, then just select the font in the display text behavior. Easy as that.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• @MentalDonkeyGames firstly lol at Mental Donkey Games Name it made me smile :smiley: thx I will try today...

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774
  • MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@freneticz said:
    can we change the alpha on the text?

No.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

@freneticz said:

Yes you can.

@MentalDonkeyGames said:

@freneticz said:

No.

You can change the alpha on text, you've always been able to change the alpha on text.

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284

Maybe he meant if the alpha is dynamically changeable during runtime. That's something I was hoping for with the addition of custom fonts.

edited March 2016

@Hoodloc said:
    Maybe he meant if the alpha is dynamically changeable during runtime. That's something I was hoping for with the addition of custom fonts.

Ah ! I see what you mean, yes, in that case MentalDonkeyGames is right.

Here's a trick you can use to dynamically control the opacity of text at runtime:

Set your text opacity to a low value like 2% or 5%, add a Replicate behaviour, set 'Spacing' to 0, you can now control the opacity of your text with the 'Copies' attribute.

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2016

@Socks said:

@Hoodloc said:

Ah ! I see what you mean, yes, in that case MentalDonkeyGames is right.

Here's a trick you can use to dynamically control the opacity of text at runtime:

Set your text opacity to a low value like 2% or 5%, add a Replicate behaviour, set 'Spacing' to 0, you can now control the opacity of your text with the 'Copies' attribute.

Hah, that's smart!
    I've never used the replicate behavior, never ever would have thought of that, thanks! :)

• myke66myke66 Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2016

@Socks said:

@MentalDonkeyGames said:

@freneticz said:

No.

You can change the alpha on text, you've always been able to change the alpha on text.

I'm guessing you use the Mac creator? The alpha and custom colors options were removed from the windows creator font options a while ago.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Any Update? I haven't heard a word since early Jan. Would love to be able to publish again. Thanks team.

Two.E

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478
    edited March 2016

@Two.E said:
    Any Update? I haven't heard a word since early Jan. Would love to be able to publish again. Thanks team.

Two.E

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/572604/#Comment_572604
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/573460/#Comment_573460

We're still working on bugs. We're getting closer, but there are still a couple of complex issues to go. Believe me, we want to get this out as soon as we can, but it is a large update and we want to be sure we've worked out any showstoppers first.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599
    edited March 2016

Thanks - Must have missed the announcement of downsizing GameSalad. I can only assume it has contributed to the delay on the next release. Keep up the good work.

Two.E

• iKandyiKandy Imagineer of Crazy Shit New York CityMember Posts: 310

How long will it be until this is released?

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    edited March 2016

I have faith that @GoergeGS is beavering away as fast as he can...

I'd still like to know what @Codewizard meant when he said that "our priorities have shifted" ...which resulted in two of the main engineers working on the software, who the community had a pretty good relationship with, having to leave.

In what way has priorities shifted? Changes in GS business direction don't just have impact at GS towers... they affect thousands of developers using the tool, and can have massive ramifications for other peoples businesses. Past events, and past sudden changes in direction at GameSalad have proven this time and again.

If theres a new strategy in place, surely the paying users deserve to know what it is, so they can have some idea of how its going to affect them?

Even more so, if as a result of this new change in priorities, it meant staff levels working on the tool were suddenly reduced... directly affecting and prolonging the delay in the release of long overdue updates.