Thunderchilds Complete Guides to iOS and Mac Publishing

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

The struggle is real....but it doesn't have to be.

So true, when I first started GS and was working on uploading my first app this seemed like such a struggle, worse than learning anything in GS. But once you get your head around it it becomes second nature.

• drizzlingdrizzling Member, PRO Posts: 101

Thunder_Child, I learned soon much from your video =). Thank!

I followed your instruction to try upload a 0.7 version of my game to iTunes.
    However, when i try click the plus sign to add a built to review for submission,it is stuck in 'processing' .

Did I miss out or do anything wrong with regards ti this? I noticed yours is immediate and no processing when you upload your demo built for beta testing

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    edited October 2015

@drizzling let me ask a couple questions to make sure I inderstand what part of the process you are in.

You created the app in itunes...and filled out the information needed ?

You used application loader and uploaded a build ?

When you click to choose a build to submit...this is where it says "processing" ? (i believe this IS what your saying).

I have seen a build get "stuck" in processing overnight unfortunately. I have also seen build take less than a minute to process. You may need to publish a .8 version in the GS portal using a distribution profile, zip it and try to upload another build...a second one but not the same version number and see if it allows it.

You also may have to just wait overnight and see if it finishes processing.

I once waited 2 days and eventually called Apple support. They really didnt help me like I expected (please stop the processing). I had to wait and finally it just disappeared with no finish....I uploaded again and it processed in just a few moments. It an Apple "bug" when this happens.

So it looks like you have done everything correct. No an issue on your part.

Thank Thunder_child. I will try upload again soon =). Will keep u update of the process!

Its my first game so Im at the experimenting stage regarding how to publish a game. Gosh.. It sure is tedious but its so much clearer after watching your video. I felt it really links and fill up my knowledge gap the publishing procedure, making it 'make sense' on the publishing process...

You noe its one thing just follow blindly and not understanding it at all and another making sense of it and if any changes/updates in future. Your video explained a lot of 'theory' and it sure helps!!

Do you happen to do any video regarding the submitting in app purchase procedure to apple? I have iap and Im bit intimidated to do it coz Im a noob.. so theres tons of unknown in my mind right now!

@drizzling I am so pleased to see my viodes have helped you along the way. Most of my videos cover the basics of publishing...not including IAP but @Lost_Oasis_Games has a great video for setting them up in your app...I am not certain about if it includes the itunea portion of that process.
    Here is a link to Fryingbacon_studios website.

http://fryingbacon.com/

Ill make a video like this if I can tonight....short and sweet. That happens to be something I myself have needed help on so I am not 100% on that topic as well as others. Also @Lovejoy and @Braydon_SFX have videos.

Thats really sweet and helpful of you Thunder_Child =). Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience! Hope all members can come together and sort all these gaps out!!

I learn so much from this forum than on the Apple site on the publishing process :D
    Hope game salad cookbook will have a more detailed version of the publishing process though.. coz for no coding background and first timer like me.. we really need detail and more explanation on every step!! LOLS...

@drizzling haha...cookbook needs more details.

Keep in mind there are so many thing that can be done with GS...detailing all that is almost an unrealistic request. Definately stick with the forums as your "secondary guide".

Search search search ! Ask ask ask...learnnnnnnn it!

:-)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited October 2015

@drizzling
    @Armelline has an IAP tutorial as well: "Armelline's In-App Purchase Tutorial Template"
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/74468/armellines-in-app-purchase-tutorial-template#latest
    Go to July 29 in comments.

Thanks for the link!! Will check it out soon! =)

• personal foulpersonal foul Member Posts: 64

thank you for sharing!

edited November 2015

Wow...have been looking at the analytics of my tutorial series....23,335 views...88% viewer retention...and 26 countries, 191 subscribers, 145 comments, 71 views in the last 24 hours, 1,442 hours of viewers watching them! Even have made a cool $13.66 in ads. Now if I could just get a million views this week!!!!

Toot toot... :smiley:

@Thunder_Child maybe generate advert income from gamesalad tutorials youtube is more lucrative than generating advert income from games!! lols!! Your 2nd career!!

Lol. I need a million views and then maybe Ill consider that a career move !

• greywolfxgreywolfx Member, PRO Posts: 24

Hey Thunder_child, just wanted to say thanks for your great videos! They helped me figure out iOS submissions for my FIRST GAME EVER that I just finished and is in the App Store now. Thanks LOTS again B)

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236
    edited March 2016

Do you have to make new certificates every time you make a new app, or just new identifiers and new provisioning profiles? I'm 99% certain this is a no, but I just wanna make sure.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@owen_dennis said:
    Do you have to make new certificates every time you make a new app, or just new identifiers and new provisioning profiles? I'm 99% certain this is a no, but I just wanna make sure.

A new app ID and Provisioning profile is required for each app. You only need to make new certificates when the old ones expire.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236

@MentalDonkeyGames said:

@owen_dennis said:

A new app ID and Provisioning profile is required for each app. You only need to make new certificates when the old ones expire.

Cool thanks!

• jtadeojtadeo Member, PRO Posts: 92

@Thunder_Child this video was really helpful to refresh my memory on the GS process.

Lately, the apps I've worked on only got me as far as a local test build then I would hand it off to the client(s). I just had to make sure my APIs worked and that was it.

The Mac desktop build tutorial was particularly helpful because I'm interested in created a desktop game with GS.

@jtadeo said:
    @Thunder_Child this video was really helpful to refresh my memory on the GS process.

Lately, the apps I've worked on only got me as far as a local test build then I would hand it off to the client(s). I just had to make sure my APIs worked and that was it.

The Mac desktop build tutorial was particularly helpful because I'm interested in created a desktop game with GS.

Awesomeness!! Glad it helped

• ShakespeareShakespeare Member, PRO Posts: 25

Thank you TC...you are a lifesaver!

• benrogers213@yahoo.co.ukbenrogers213@yahoo.co.uk Member, PRO Posts: 14

I know this issue has happened before but it is ruining me at the moment. My app worked perfectly. I was testing in test flight. Then for some unknown reason after some minor tweaks I got this after an upload. The certificates hadn't changed but it wasn't working. I have since deleted the lot and started again from scratch using the Thunder Child tutorial and still no joy. The identifiers are the same. It is a distribution certificate. I am smashing my head into a wall.

@Thunder_Child any ideas? Have you encountered this and solved it?

"Dear developer,
    We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "XXXXXXXX - Simultaneous competitive multiplayer fun". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:
    Invalid Signature - The binary with bundle identifier 'com.ezilyamused.XXXXXXXXX' at path [XXXXXXXXXXXX.app] contains an invalid signature. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.
    Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.
    Regards,"

• grahameckersleygrahameckersley Member Posts: 81

I don't suppose there's one for windows...?

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@grahameckersley said:
    I don't suppose there's one for windows...?

As in publishing to Windows or Publishing using a Windows machine to Android etc? There is the material in the cookbook.

• TylTyl Member Posts: 19

Great tutorial. I'm gonna need this. Thanks a million

First...hello my old friends...and new ones I ain't never met yet yo ! Just stopping by to ask....Does anyone here still use my Publishing Guide Tutorials? I dont know where the views are coming from but I get STILL...views of my tutorials...Just the iOS Guide alone gets between 600-1000 views a month. It seems they would be so outdated to not even be useful anymore. Im at over 156 days combined views since first upload 4/23/14

Anyways....its just nice to see people watching. I use YT Studio to see my analytics...pretty cool.

Hope everyone is having fun making games. I keep itching to come back sometimes...I miss my slots :-(

Thunder_Child

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Hey! Yep!
    I run our support site and consistently send users to your publishing tutorials. I’d say on average I send 3-5 people your way per day. They’re great!

Good to see you around!

wow ! per day ! thats awesome thanks man. you have always been very supportive. good to see you as well...

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599
    edited October 2017

Haven't published in over a year and a half. Needed a reminder on the certs and Provisionals the other day. Great videos. Help save a lot of time.

Best,
    Two.E

• Wisdom.SevenWisdom.Seven Member, PRO Posts: 1

Hi Thunder_Child,

this is really a great video i followed it step by step, but I faced an issue with the provisioning and it keep saying that there are no provisioning file!

how can I solve it?

Thanks
    Al

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

You have them installed on the iPad, but are they installed on your Mac as well?