Stable release 1.25 is available
ForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554
edited April 2016 in GameSalad Kitchen
- Custom fonts - You can now import fonts the same way you import audio and image files. Your imported fonts will show up in the Display Text font list. Old system fonts have been replaced by new ones that we supply. We will replace references to old fonts with our new ones, but you should check any actors that display text to make sure they look ok in your game.
- Video Reward ads - We now support Chartboost and RevMob video reward ads.
- Tapdaq - We now support the use of Tapdaq
- Improved random number generator. Uses a better algorithm than the previous one.
- New game attribute: Random Seed. For a given seed, a sequence of random numbers will be the same. Leave this attribute at -1 to make the seed random.
New motion and physics attributes:
- Pin - Set at an actor's Center of Mass, this allows the actor to rotate but not to move (with the exception of the actor colliding with a non-moveable actor, in which case it will move, but try to remain as close to the pin point as possible).
- Can Sleep - This removes the actor from physics calculations if nothing is happening to it.
- Better Collisions: results in more accurate collisions, at the expense of more computation power. Check this box if you see your actors interpenetrating or moving through each other when they shouldn't.
- New behavior: Quit Game. Exits your game. Mainly used for Android to simulate the player hitting the "back" device button. Does nothing on iOS devices.
New loop behavior option:
- Max loops/frame - Normally, a loop will only run its behaviors once per frame. This allows you to set how many times the loop can run per frame. Be careful not to run loops too often per frame, as you can prevent other behaviors from running. What the best value is will depend on your game.
New animation behavior option:
- You can give the animate behavior an integer attribute which will contain the current animation frame being displayed. This attribute is optional, and you can leave it blank if you don't want that information.
- Mac Creator: if a rule has behaviors in the "otherwise" section, the word "otherwise" will be bolded.
New features added to HTML5 and Arcade:
- Custom collision shapes should now work for HTML5 / Arcade games
- Music and sound files are now listed alphabetically when being selected from the list provided on a play music / play sound behavior
Ad Network Updates
- Updated to AdMob iOS SDK version 7.7.0
- Updated to RevMob SDK version 9.0.8
- Updated to Chartboost SDK version 6.4.0
- Removed some old 3rd party plugins that are no longer being used to reduce app sizes
- 1658 - The list of sounds and music in the PlaySound and PlayMusic behaviors is now sorted alphabetically.
- 1636 - The angular velocity attribute is stored as degrees rather than radians.
- 1621 - If an actor is set to tile and the tile width or height is 0 it could cause visual issues or a crash in preview, in the viewer, or * on a device. In this case the tile width/height are reset to the actor width/height when the project is loaded for preview, the viewer, or on a device so the user can see the issue and correct it in their project.
- 1602 - Display text not updating when table cell value changes
- 1499 - (Windows) Pressing reset button in native preview doesn’t reset game attributes
- 1618 - Chartboost ads need to be set as portrait and landscape to show up
- 1434 - AdMob banners display on all scenes once called
- 1363 - RevMob banners, when tapped, cause iOS apps to freeze upon returning
- 1242 - Free Trial accounts do not have Enable Advertisement checkboxes for Reset Scene and Reset Game
- 462 - Game Center alert in the viewer is off alignment in iOS8&9 making game unplayable
- 599 - ChartBoost ads do not pause app
- 1666 - The function "textReplaceAll" is spelled incorrectly on the Windows version
- 1600 - Random stuttering
- 1545 - self.Time does not count properly
- We noticed that larger GameSalad projects won’t successfully load on the iOS Viewer. This is due to the devices closing the project since they think it’s an inactive app if it loads for more than 10 seconds. To work around this issue you can ad hoc test your game or manually install the iOS Viewer and run it through Xcode, as it will not close under those conditions.
- Custom collision shapes and various other new features may not work as intended for HTML5 games. We are working on fixes and will patch these issues when we have fixes available.
It's here! Congrats you got there.
I have never seen so many fixes and features good job GS team ! and thanks alot !
Omg guess I'm not going anywhere tomorrow! I can update all my stuff!!!
www.appdore.com || appdore twitter || appdore facebook
The day finally came! Everyone, please thank the GS Team. They've spent so much time and effort making this build GREAT for you. True dedication.
My GameSalad Academy Courses! ◦ Check out my quality templates! ◦ Add me on Skype: braydon_sfx
Guru Video Channel | Lost Oasis Games | FRYING BACON STUDIOS
Thank you! Im sure it was worth the wait, I cannot wait to dig into it.
FYI: The Windows version is taking a little longer to get uploaded. It should be available a little later tonight.
this is awesome! custom fonts work great. excited to try everything else
Great job guys!
Contact me for custom work - Expert GS developer with 12 years of GS experience - Skype: armelline.support
My game doesn't stutter anymore on android devices , custom fonts works great and i tried to view html5 one of my projects and custom collisions works well with it now i can continue working on it for html5 release, awesome so far , thanks GS team
Let me try this out.
All my games on Google Play
Windows build is up!
and i'm guessing viewer will need to wait for apple?
So far the problem I had with adding values to attribute has been fixed. Now let's hope nothing else breaks.
All my games on Google Play
Great job guys!!
Send and Receive Data using your own Server Tutorial! | Vote for A Long Way Home on Steam Greenlight! | Ten Years Left
Looks like with the change to custom fonts the way alignment works has also been changed.
In the past alignment was from the top of the first line down, now it seems to be center line of whole text body.
So when you wrap text in actor and either display different sized paragraphs (i.e. 1 vs 3 sentences) or dynamically type text using txtsubstr and indexes it becomes misaligned because that point of origin stays the same.
I'm sure I could use math to resolve it, but is this the intended functionality now?
Follow us: Twitter - Website
It will take time to get approved on the various app stores. You can always download it from http://gamesalad.com/download/releases, open it in xcode, and run it to install it on your device.
I AM BACK!!!....TIME TO GO PRO!
... and i kind of missed @Lost_Oasis_Games and @Socks a little bit...LOL
EDIT: I AM PRO AGAIN!!!
Great to see build 1.25 up and running ! Super proud of the GS staff and all of the beta-testers. Can't thank you guys enough for all of your hard work! And especially for not giving up when things became tough.
I've been pretty busy with some web development lately, although, I do lurk the forums daily ...But now it's time to step up, renew my PRO membership (that ended last month) and jump back into some gamedev
Congrats on the huge accomplishment guys!
Awesome work guys!!
This build is rock solid!
About to jump infront of a train this is so awesome!!!!!!!
Thank you team GS! Can't wait to play around with this.
Mental Donkey Games
Website - Facebook - Twitter
Man custom fonts are so sexy. How can you guys be so awesome? Seriously
Don't - You'll miss all the cool features
Ok I've just submitted an update for a game on Google Play to fix the X509TrustManager as well as to include the chart boost video reward. I hope this goes well.
All my games on Google Play
Still stutters a little bit but not as much. I am using 1.23.3 and there is no stuttering at all.
That new loop behaviour..... Powerful!
GSLearn.com | Templates | Free Demos | Udemy Course
Any idea on when the Cookbook will be updated with video reward ads and Tapdaq guides?
Have you tried running your adhoc with xcode instruments to make sure it's not your fps that's causing the stutter?