Stable release 1.25 is available

123457»

Comments

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

@Socks @KnightStar @Lost_Oasis_Games

Also if the bullets you are rotating are using a different center of mass than usual things may have gotten messed up from the update.

I had one thing that rotated perfectly the way I wanted it to on 1.24 at CoM (-282, -282). But after updating to 1.25, I had to find a new perfect CoM and for some reason it was at (-190, -5)...

So it's probably unrelated, but be careful of rotations and centers of mass

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@NNterprises said:
    @Socks @KnightStar @Lost_Oasis_Games

Also if the bullets you are rotating are using a different center of mass than usual things may have gotten messed up from the update.

I had one thing that rotated perfectly the way I wanted it to on 1.24 at CoM (-282, -282). But after updating to 1.25, I had to find a new perfect CoM and for some reason it was at (-190, -5)...

So it's probably unrelated, but be careful of rotations and centers of mass

Hmmm did have that issue with my pinball game and that went through every test and final build in 1.25

• KickingBehindsKickingBehinds Member, PRO Posts: 49

The testing through the iOS viewer seems to be much quicker as well as the ad hoc testing.

Also, whoever decided to change the "otherwise" section to bold when there is a rule in there is a genius. I wasted many hours trying to find rules that I had forgotten about in those sections.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Is it normal that wrap x and wrap y only works for moveable actors , has it always been this way ?

• patoghpatogh Member Posts: 23

Attention: Game crashes or closes unexpectedly if you have any Particles behaviour in your game. tested Android APK with 0.13.41 und 1.25.50

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@Icebox said:
    Is it normal that wrap x and wrap y only works for moveable actors , has it always been this way ?

Marking an actor as non-moveable short circuits much of the code that they would need if they were expected to move. Wrapping is one of those things.

@patogh said:
    Attention: Game crashes or closes unexpectedly if you have any Particles behaviour in your game. tested Android APK with 0.13.41 und 1.25.50

You should contact customer support using the question mark in the lower right. I just tested a project with many particles on two android devices and it works fine. It's likely something else that they can try and work through with you once they have your project.

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

any word on custom colours for display text for Windows creator? The mac version has this.

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

@jonmulcahy said:
    I've been using GS for almost 7 years now, and i think this is the quietest it has ever been after a release... and with a release of this magnitude, that is really saying something.

I think there is an overwhelming sense of pure relief that we are still here. That's what I felt.

That is truly something to celebrate however!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@lycettebros said:
    I think there is an overwhelming sense of pure relief that we are still here. That's what I felt.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I have a renewed sense of enthusiasm and excitement too: finally installed El Capitan 10.11.4, Xcode 7.3 and... GS 1.25, hooray!

Now for a weekend of playing and exploring. :grin:

@GeorgeGS said:

@patogh said:

You should contact customer support using the question mark in the lower right. I just tested a project with many particles on two android devices and it works fine. It's likely something else that they can try and work through with you once they have your project.

This problem appear just android 6.0 devices. ( Test device Huawei android 6.0 )
    can any one confirm this problem! because I have just one android 6.0 device

In older android and kindle fire I don't have any problem.

This is error message: "Unexpected Error: Stack Size 8MB".

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited May 2016

@patogh said:
    This problem appear just android 6.0 devices. ( Test device Huawei android 6.0 )
    can any one confirm this problem! because I have just one android 6.0 device

In older android and kindle fire I don't have any problem.

This is error message: "Unexpected Error: Stack Size 8MB".

I didn't have this problem on a galaxy s7 with published apk, i use alot of particle effects , it might be something else that is causing the crash.

• m.allenderm.allender Member, PRO Posts: 1

First post just wanted to say thanks so much for this update. I actually had a high priority task on my list to start adding the custom font workaround into my game and was dreading it! This is amazing timing for me and saves a fair bit of work.

The incentized ads are actually one of those reasons I got PRO in the first place, I didn't realise we couldn't do that stuff already but am delighted that we can now when I get around to that stage of development.

Thanks for listening to the community and working hard to get this in. I'm happy to be using your engine.

Mike

Hi Icebox

Can you test this app! or make self a new game with particles ! and test that.
    because I don't have also with older game. (with android 6.0 )
    this is test app. just one actor with a particles.

http://www.megafileupload.com/nrRG/test2.apk
    http://www.megafileupload.com/nrRS/test2.gameproj.zip

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@patogh said:
    Hi Icebox

Can you test this app! or make self a new game with particles ! and test that.
    because I don't have also with older game. (with android 6.0 )
    this is test app. just one actor with a particles.

http://www.megafileupload.com/nrRG/test2.apk
    http://www.megafileupload.com/nrRS/test2.gameproj.zip

Is your Android SDK uptodate?

Is your Android SDK uptodate?

Yes,

When using min and max in the expression editor , if i put game.screen.size.width it doesnt work on android , i need to replace it with a number , can someone check and confirm if its a bug ?

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

@Icebox said:
    When using min and max in the expression editor , if i put game.screen.size.width it doesnt work on android , i need to replace it with a number , can someone check and confirm if its a bug ?

Have you tried a simple Display Text on an actor to see if there is data in game.screen.size when viewing on Android? I don't have an Android device to test this.

@KevinCross said:
    Have you tried a simple Display Text on an actor to see if there is data in game.screen.size when viewing on Android? I don't have an Android device to test this.

I just did now it says 568 on galaxy s7 and ipad

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited May 2016

@Icebox said:

@KevinCross said:

I just did now it says 568 on galaxy s7 and ipad

Ok cool. I guess the only other thing to try is store a number in a game or self attribute and see if that works in your min and max function to see whether or not it's a problem with accepting any attributes in the function now or just the game.screen.size one.

I just tried , its hard to explain the results ,
    when i constrain camera origin x to maximum and min position using screen.size.width + a number ; the camera wont follow my actor to the maximum position.

If I put an attribute instead of screen.size.width my camera follows the actor to the maximum position/2 for some reason

If i just place a number instead of attribute it works well on all devices.

Well I just wanted someone to check before I report a bug , thanks @KevinCross

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

Hey GSTeam @CodeWizard , just had a chance to use the new build with the Custom Fonts feature and wanted to say nice job! Really nice implementation. I'm sure it wasn't as simple as it seems when using it. You managed to hide all of the complexities. Very pleasant experience to use.

Also wanted to point out something I found. Was on a public Wifi which said I had a signal, but I hadn't signed in yet. My game gave an "Unexpected Error :NULL" over and over again. Once I turned the Wifi off entirely, things were fine again.

I'll log a ticket as well.

Cheers,
    Chris

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

@clee2005 said:

Hey GSTeam @CodeWizard , just had a chance to use the new build with the Custom Fonts feature and wanted to say nice job! Really nice implementation. I'm sure it wasn't as simple as it seems when using it. You managed to hide all of the complexities. Very pleasant experience to use.

Also wanted to point out something I found. Was on a public Wifi which said I had a signal, but I hadn't signed in yet. My game gave an "Unexpected Error :NULL" over and over again. Once I turned the Wifi off entirely, things were fine again.

This happened to me before while testing an app on Amazon. It didn't like that I was testing on a droid device using Amazon fire leaderboards. Since then Amazon updated Fire apps so it works now.

It is probably unrelated to my whole rant above, but I think the problem HAS to be in either leaderboards/achievements, ads, or IAPs. (Unless you have other fancy networking stuff). I'd suggest rebuilding and ensuring your ad codes and leaderboard codes are correct. IAPs may be more complicated... but if it's wifi it has to be one of those, don't think it's a 1.25 (could be since they updated chartboost sdk)

@clee2005 said:

I'll log a ticket as well.

The problem is with AdMob. If it is initialized when there's no network connectivity it will crash. We try very hard to make sure to never initialize it if there's no network, but we can't know if you're in a partial connectivity state. As far as the program is concerned there is a network available, but if the router is redirecting things until you agree to the terms then the AdMob initialization will fail and crash.

I'll poke at it some more and try contacting them, but it's likely anything we do will be another band-aid and we'll really need a fix from Google.

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

@GeorgeGS Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense, as I just switched the game out to AdMob, and hadn't seen that before. Would definitely be nice to have that fixed though... Hopefully Google can spare some resources (ya think?) to fix their bug.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@clee2005 said:
    @GeorgeGS Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense, as I just switched the game out to AdMob, and hadn't seen that before. Would definitely be nice to have that fixed though... Hopefully Google can spare some resources (ya think?) to fix their bug.

There's still a lot of work to be done on the ashtrays in their self-driving cars.

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

@GeorgeGS said:
    The problem is with AdMob. If it is initialized when there's no network connectivity it will crash. We try very hard to make sure to never initialize it if there's no network, but we can't know if you're in a partial connectivity state. As far as the program is concerned there is a network available, but if the router is redirecting things until you agree to the terms then the AdMob initialization will fail and crash.

I'll poke at it some more and try contacting them, but it's likely anything we do will be another band-aid and we'll really need a fix from Google.

@GeorgeGS Thanks for the clarification and thank you and the team for the hard work. You are doing a great job. I have a quick question. Is it possible to check connectivity to AdMob severs instead of checking for a network connection until Google provides a fix? If the server responds then initialise AdMob if not then don't. It would be a better condition than network connectivity.

• Jeffm2Jeffm2 Member Posts: 142

I think I know the answer as I have found nothing on it but I wanted to make sure that I hadn't missed anything. Is sound from an expression still not a thing? Or has anyone figured out a work around? Developing a word game with about 1000 sounds

edited May 2016

I reported a bug about particles , just in case someone does this be careful :) If you set an image to the particle behavior and then import a new image to the project it resets all the images in all particle behaviors in the actor to no value.