Spriteattack's Art tutorials

1789101113»

Comments

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

@SpriteAttack these are inspirational and look basic enough as a starting point to dive into making my own graphics for once. Thanks !

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680

@SpriteAttack Thanks..love these insights. Very quick and easy to digest but very valuable knowledge. :)

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    edited August 2015

Somewhat strange that SpriteAttack and the DeepBlue guys are being forced away from GameSalad, and yet someone deems to sticky SpriteAttacks tutorial thread... Force them away but promote the use of their teachings....

Double standards???

There's some awful forum politics going on at the moment....

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

Nothing of the sort. In a private message with SpriteAttack, he mentioned to me that he thought this thread should be stickied. I looked it over and agreed. It's good!

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@Chunkypixels said:
    Somewhat strange that SpriteAttack and the DeepBlue guys are being forced away from GameSalad, and yet someone deems to sticky SpriteAttacks tutorial thread... Force them away but promote the use of their teachings....

Double standards???

There's some awful forum politics going on at the moment....

I agree seems signs of desperation to me. I may be done around here. The joy of all this has been sucked right out of me. All these parties I am now even more sceptical of.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@The_Guru said:
    I agree seems signs of desperation to me. I may be done around here. The joy of all this has been sucked right out of me. All these parties I am now even more sceptical of.

You are over-exaggerating, don't let the drama queen side take over.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

@Lovejoy said:
    You are over-exaggerating, don't let the drama queen side take over.

I guess that new yellow sticky about the logo and name being enforced made me right to be worried about my rights. Pretty easy to say when you have nothing at stake. I make over a hundred videos free and supported this community for nearly five years. Who here have never used any of my videos? Yet because I was concerned for all my hard work, I'm a drama queen. You know how many hours I put into making videos for you guys? Over 1000 hours. It takes two hours to produce a ten minute video. Some people assume I'm here for fame..LMAO seriously. My videos broke no less than 4 of the rules on trademark.

@The_Guru said:
    I guess that new yellow sticky about the logo and name being enforced made me right to be worried about my rights. Pretty easy to say when you have nothing at stake. I make over a hundred videos free and supported this community for nearly five years. Who here have never used any of my videos? Yet because I was concerned for all my hard work, I'm a drama queen. You know how many hours I put into making videos for you guys? Over 1000 hours. It takes two hours to produce a ten minute video. Some people assume I'm here for fame..LMAO seriously. My videos broke no less than 4 of the rules on trademark.

I have no ill feeling and do in fact recognize the work you do for this community, often praise it too. But as time goes on we sort of get to know each other in the forums and its clear to myself and I'm sure others that you seem to get emotional and childlike when dealing with confrontation. Over exaggeration on your part was clearly demonstrated throughout this debacle.

I am passionate yes. That can be a double edge sword as in its my passion to give back that leads me to spend hours making videos and when legal action, for the first time, is done against a user and then I realize I am in similar violations my passion comes out. Is it childish to be passionate, maybe. But it's who I am and my passion got me to places in life I never thought I'd go.

No doubt you are passionate about GS. But lets not confuse passionate with childlike behavior , two separate meanings. Where it has taken you in life is irrelevant, theres a-holes and drug addicts who make it far in life too.

A-hole yes...lol drug addict no.

@The_Guru said:
    A-hole yes...lol drug addict no.

I guess thats debatable we can leave it at that. ;)

no I can be an a-hole I'm acutely aware of that. And freely admit it.

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited August 2015

Ironic really but guess who designed the logo for GSHelper? :) We spoke about it but decided to let it slide :)

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

@DeepBlueApps, I don't want to stir up any un-necessary nonesense here but at my graphic design studio and throughout 25 years of designing lots and lots of logos. The artist and studio never claims ownership of the companies logo that they designed. It's a paid service, nothing more.

@jamie_c You hit the nail on the head when you said paid service, let's leave it there.

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

Ha!

Mr. Bacon you are a dick....hole. Love it! Tee hee! Me and my cheeky....

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

GO???????

• passmitspassmits Member, PRO Posts: 26

@SpriteAttack How do you know what colors you should use. Coloring is the most important of art and you want to choose the right color, how do you do that?

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

Funny, I've never been one really for online communities, as in being actually active, but I love GS and its things like this that make it so. Awesome stuff! I made my current game artwork in PowerPoint (surprisingly useful)!

@SpriteAttack was great to see you again my old m8 and we enjoyed the long weekend of nice booze good food and average at best golf :)

• apptrap22000apptrap22000 Member Posts: 1

@SpriteAttack You are Aamazing. I would like to know if you have any ui assets

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited December 2016

@apptrap22000 said:
    @SpriteAttack You are Aamazing. I would like to know if you have any ui assets

You can find a bunch of both free and cheap ones, with functional code, on GSHelper.com :)

Also check out this thread where you will find heaps of useful stuff: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/52494/spare-code-dump-it-here#latest