State of the Salad 03/2018

Comments

• jr2520jr2520 Member Posts: 9

@adent42 When publishing with Experimental Build I get this error in Application Loader:
    "Missing or invalid signature. The bundle 'com.tapdaq.Tapdaq' at bundle path 'Payload/AppName.app/Tapdaq.framework' is not signed using an Apple submission certificate."

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

Hi, would really love to contribute and help. I have been a pro subscriber for years.

Notice that the portfolio thumbnails are broken, it is very minor but looks kinda bad. But I can't seems to submit a bug and the bug page seems to be buggy?

Anyways, really would love to see you guys continue on moving forward with this. Keep it up!

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited April 2018

@adent42
    I'm trying to create an ad-hoc build using the experimental version to test touch issue's, with both 1.25.80, and 1.25.88 I get error A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found when I try to install on phone. Regular build installs no issues.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Trying to fix the issue now. I think I know what it is, so should be an easy fix. Sorry about that!

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Okay. Anyone who was trying the Experimental build, give it a shot now!

@adent42 said:

Now I get There was an internal API error.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited April 2018

@adent42 said:

We've also finally got some good repo cases of the "unresponsive edge" bug so we'll be looking into that after the ads release. (Honestly, we had a hell of a time finding a way to consistently reproduce it).

I did a quick test on iPhone 6S iOS 11.3 with experimental build. It worked. How about on iPhone X?

Btw, this workaround works too(on the adhoc not preview), if anyone hesitates to publish with experimental build.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

@BBEnk can you PM me a portfolio link? I want to see which config you're using. That sounds like I might have missed getting rid of a code-signing file.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited April 2018

@adent42 said:

@adent42 I am still having the problem with "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found" for the experimental builds.

• jr2520jr2520 Member Posts: 9

@pHghost said:

@adent42 said:

@adent42 I am still having the problem with "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found" for the experimental builds.

@adent42
    I'm having a similar issue, as well. With the first release of 'Experimental Build', Application Loader said: "Missing or invalid signature. The bundle 'com.tapdaq.Tapdaq'... is not signed using an Apple submission certificate."

But with the second release of 'Experimental Build' it says the TapDaq provisioning profile specifically is being signed wrong.

So personally Experimental Build isn't working for me because of TapDaq (I'm not even using TapDaq services??)

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327
    edited April 2018

@adent42 Having no issues with the Experimental Build. Touch issues are gone, and there was a noticable increase in framerate after using Experimental Build. Not sure why! But comparing the same project build with non-Experimental and with Experimental, the Experimental one is more stable.

No ads are being used here, that might be the difference in my experience to that of the posters above?

edited April 2018

Just to specify, I get that error when trying to load the .app package ad-hoc to my test device through Xcode. With non-experimental build it loads fine, signed with the same provisioning profile.

AdMob and ChartBoost are active on the project.

Tried disabling ad services -- unticked both AdMob and ChartBoost -- and it loads the package without issues, so this is definitely somehow tied to ads (though seemingly not one specific service).

Yah, the ad thing makes sense since Tapdaq framework is included and needs to be signed.

I was testing with a developer profile when I saw it work. So a couple of questions:

If you are seeing the signing error, are you actually using Tapdaq?

If you are, are you still seeing the error?

Okay... so I think I know the problem.

For everyone else watching, it seems this is the state of things:

If you're not using ads, the experimental build is fine.
    If you're using ads, the experimental build will not work with the current version of Creator. Because of changes to the Tapdaq SDK, we need to sign the Tapdaq framework files as well as GameSalad's engine file.

In the interest of expediency and because I'd rather have you start testing now than wait for me to set up a new non-gamesalad signing profile, here's a build for you to test:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pu00oaxntwjel5/GameSalad-1.25.89-deep.zip?dl=0

This build adds the "--deep" flag to the codesign tool call which, in theory, should resign the Tapdaq framework and get rid of signing errors.

You don't need to republish, just use this version of Creator to sign the app. Make sure to close your existing GameSalad and open this one before hitting "sign app".

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

From our account page, the portfolio pic, the logo, and launch image is still not showing up.. :(

@adent42 Tried re-signing with .89, but no luck, still the same issue. I will try doing the whole process with .89 and will let you know.

Not working.

I uploaded from .89, generated experimental again and signed. Still the same error. AdMob banners and ChartBoost Interstitials are checked.

.89 not working for me same error with Tapdaq or Chartboost checked, without ad's all works fine.

I’ll try some other stuff tomorrow, but I might temporarily remove Tapdaq until we figure it out.

Okay, if someone could give it one more try before I remove Tapdaq. I realized that we left the original code signature in there and we need to remove it in order for the codesign tool to sign the library.

@adent42 said:
    Okay, if someone could give it one more try before I remove Tapdaq. I realized that we left the original code signature in there and we need to remove it in order for the codesign tool to sign the library.

1.25.89 Tapdaq checked still says A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

• MelodyCatsMelodyCats Member, PRO Posts: 128

@Armelline said:
    @adent42 Please please please export compliance fix in next build :D

any update on this? thanks

@BBEnk can you PM me a screenshot? I want to know which part of the process you're on. We're still not seeing it, gonna try some other stuff. Thanks!

Still got the problem as well, with Tapdaq not checked, just AdMob and ChartBoost.

This is basically the last step, the .app bundle had been generated and signed, and I am dragNdropping it to my test device in Xcode.

@adent42 said:
    @BBEnk can you PM me a screenshot? I want to know which part of the process you're on. We're still not seeing it, gonna try some other stuff. Thanks!

I'm in Xcode just dropping it on the device for testing, and get the error.

with Chartboost only checked.

with Tapdaq only checked.

no ads checked App installs and works fine on device.

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229

Unrelated, but once this is fixed, could we please get the buzz behavior working again?

A buzz is a step away from success:))

Thanks @adent42

Has that stopped working?

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

And then you could hit these rather serious issues on the head:

• Sound - "Positional" not working correctly on HTML5.
    • Sound - "Pitch" not working correctly on HTML5.
    • Collision Size: If you have actors that changes its Width or Height at runtime, the physics collision shape (rectangle or ellipse) does not update its size to match the actor's size.

:)