State of the Salad 03/2018

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@BBEnk @pHghost and anyone else interested, here's another build. It seems the deep option didn't work, so I had to specifically sign each Framework directory. I don't know if the signing worked, as I haven't set up an independent profile yet, but this time I did confirm that the Tapdaq framework was indeed signed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pu00oaxntwjel5/GameSalad-1.25.89-deep.zip?dl=0

This isn't quite fully ready yet, because I need to make sure it works for older builds without Tapdaq, but it should be good enough for testing anything with Ads enabled.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited April 2018

@adent42 -- happy to report it now works for me! That is to say, drag and drop of ad-hoc build onto test device. Cannot vouch for Application Loader issues others have had.

Build installs, touch issues resolved, ads work. Lovely!

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Great. We see the same with testing here! I'll put something out tomorrow (wait to see if anything happens overnight).

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@adent - Worked for me too with Tapdaq checked.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Loving reading the communication @adent42 !!
    Its always great to see how hard you work to help members and issues.

Okay... this build is "official" and that's a wrap. GameSalad shall be forever frozen in time and I'm gonna sleep now....

J/K. We're gonna be doing some education work for the rest of the week, but I'm gonna start prepping my Android dev environment in between task so I can hit the ground running next week.

I'll finally be updating the Android Ad SDK updates and possible Google Play support (provided that old code branch is still valid with the latest SDKs)

That or fix HTML5 engine bugs. Because if I've learned anything from Android, it's setting up the dev environment is a pain and 3/4.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@adent42 said:
    Okay... this build is "official" and that's a wrap. GameSalad shall be forever frozen in time and I'm gonna sleep now....

Confirmed @adent42 is Link from BoTW and Gamesalad is Calamaity Ganon. We'll just wake him in a 100 yrs to save us again once Calamity Gamesalad starts to regain it's evil power.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@adent42 said:

Good news.

But Alex just confirmed my downgrade to Basic Membership! :s

So where do we download it? From the link at the top of page 5 of this post or somewhere else?

Sleep well... but don't sleep in. The clamouring of rioting members will disturb you. :D

@PhilipCC it’s just a normal update or download from the download page.

• ZwireZwire Member, PRO Posts: 179

@adent42 - thanks for the hard work!

"but I'm gonna start prepping my Android dev environment in between task so I can hit the ground running next week"

Does this mean you are going to work on the touch bug for android? That certainly also has to be fixed!

• Hi 1.25.89 is unstable on OS X Captain!!.. All images does not appear and shows error on closing!! I cannot find 1.25.88 please send me the link!!

@Zwire not specifically, but if it's something in the way of other stuff I'm testing and we can reproduce, I'll look at it.

@Nabbo it might be time to upgrade if you can. As we update stuff to make things work in the latest OSes, we'll be doing less testing in older ones. For instance we didn't really make any changes other than how we do code signing, so that kind of difference in 1.25.88 and 89 is likely going to be something mac's build tools.

I'll post a link to the release notes for you once the site is back up. It seems our hosting provider for gamesalad.com is having trouble with their internet connection.

edited April 2018

Also build 1.25.90 should be out soon. We found an issue with signed apps being submitted through Application Loader and this should fix it. Since we can't update the "updates" feed, you can just download it here now if you need it right away.

http://releases.gamesalad.com/creator/1.25.90/GameSalad-Creator-1.25.90.dmg

So before submitting to the app store, download 1.25.90 to sign your app! No need to regenerate, just resign.

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

Same here. Update seems fine except for one issue so far. Images disappear all the time. For some reason it wasn't happening until just now all the sudden.

• hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183

im using 1.25.90 and preview isn't working well, any change scene behavior doesn't work, also i can't change scene using the bottom "scenes" selector in preview, pause scene its working normally

i tested the project in a previous release and work perfectly.

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    edited April 2018

Just remember, STABLE and BUG-FREE are the number one priority. :)

After that, I certainly wouldn't say no to some fixes to those HTML5 core features that don't currently work, like the Sound and Collision issues. :)

Glad I didn't push the 25.90 release yet then. Let me take a look, I may have been on the wrong branch when I built it.

@sinbot @hybrid what macOS version are you running?

Yup... wrong branch... new 1.25.90 will be up shortly.

Please update and sign your apps with the 1.25.91 update if you are about to submit them to the store.

Basically we had an extra flag on signing (--deep) in 1.25.89 that breaks expectations on Application loader. This is now fixes as well as a few of the problems from 1.25.89 and the temporary 90

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited April 2018

@adent42 said:
    @Zwire not specifically, but if it's something in the way of other stuff I'm testing and we can reproduce, I'll look at it.

@adent42 - It's THE big TOUCH issue we were all really annoyed about - it has been confirmed it has been reproduced, and was going to be fixed, so I sincerely hope so.

It's also why I and @Zwire have not been able to release, so I stress - if it's NOT in the list of fixes for this release, it should DEFINITELY be being worked on?! - ie. No "IF..., then you guys will look at it!?"

Cheers...

@Japster said:

@adent42 said:

@adent42 - It's THE big TOUCH issue we were all really annoyed about - it has been confirmed it has been reproduced, and was going to be fixed, so I sincerely hope so.

It's also why I and @Zwire have not been able to release, so I stress - if it's NOT in the list of fixes for this release, it should DEFINITELY be being worked on?! - ie. No "IF..., then you guys will look at it!?"

Cheers...

I believe they've said it is now resolved.

Fixed issues with insensitive touch areas around the edge of the screen on iOS11 (maybe iOS10).

give it a try.

edited April 2018

@AlchimiaStudios - @Japster and @Zwire are looking for fixes on Android. We can't reproduce on our side, but it's likely because it's on devices or OS versions we don't have, which is why fixing is a maybe. It's hard to figure out what's wrong when we can't make the problem happen!

Basically, if it starts happening while I'm testing on one of the simulators or something then we should be able to fix it, but if I can't make it happen on the android devices we have, then we can't really figure out what's happening.

That's why it's a maybe for the next release.

But yes, it's been fixed on iOS.

• hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183

@adent42 said:

maybe its too late now, but im using Sierra 10.12.6
    it is safe to update to High Sierra now? im lost track of many comments in the past updates

• ZwireZwire Member, PRO Posts: 179

"We can't reproduce on our side, but it's likely because it's on devices or OS versions we don't have, which is why fixing is a maybe. It's hard to figure out what's wrong when we can't make the problem happen!"

@adent42 - a friend of mine says the touch bug is happening on his Samsung s7 edge.

Hope you can find such a phone because the android market is a lot bigger than Apple's and people still cant advertise their games on android.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@hybrid said:

@adent42 said:

maybe its too late now, but im using Sierra 10.12.6
    it is safe to update to High Sierra now? im lost track of many comments in the past updates

@adent42 I've lost track too. Is it safe to upgrade to High Sierra now?

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

@adent42 said:

@adent42 said:

High Sierra 10.13.1

edited April 2018

Having some new issues with 1.25.91

• Images in the library will not show properly when highlighted (disappears).
    • Text for images disappears.
    • Sometimes newly imported images will not show an icon.
    • Occasionally the entire image library will not show the graphics icon in the library.

I'm on 10.12.5 Sierra.

All of these seem to be visual issues only, as I can still drag and reference the images just fine. But it's hard to know what i'm dragging since there is no highlight graphic showing.

I've captured an image of one of these issues, but didn't get to get them all.

@adent42

I think I have a bead on that, but I'm wrestling with a compile issue first, so I'll check on that after. Time to finally upgrade my system to High Sierra.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

@adent42 said:
    @AlchimiaStudios - @Japster and @Zwire are looking for fixes on Android. We can't reproduce on our side, but it's likely because it's on devices or OS versions we don't have, which is why fixing is a maybe. It's hard to figure out what's wrong when we can't make the problem happen!

Basically, if it starts happening while I'm testing on one of the simulators or something then we should be able to fix it, but if I can't make it happen on the android devices we have, then we can't really figure out what's happening.

That's why it's a maybe for the next release.

But yes, it's been fixed on iOS.

Thanks @adent42 - I was worried there! - shame about Android as yes, that's big too, and I'm confused, as it happens on any Android device I tried....

But IOS working sounds great, so....

Touch issues resolved?
    Chartboost fully working?
    Admob fully working?
    High Sierra resolved?
    NO dev-breaking issues introduced?

If so, I'm a happier man! - Thanks for the hard work!