GameSalad 0.9.3 - Game Center is Here!

124»

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    digitaldurian said:
    hey this is the best update yet as i can continue working much longer without slowing down! But something is wrong after updating...now my mac can't detect my device when plugged in, thus i can't update the viewer, thus i can't test my game no more. How is GS causing this? Did it overwrite anything regarding device connectivity to my mac?

Nope, wont be anything to do with GS. Does your mac recognise it through iTunes? If so, i think you'll need to download the latest Xcode and make sure you have it set right

• TeamLava8TeamLava8 Member, BASIC Posts: 294
    This is scary. I planned on upgrading to pro by the end of the week. Leaderboards and in game links were my motivation. But it's not even just assets not showing up. Most of my games I have been working on will start up. But then just completely crash out once past the menu screens.

No ogg sound effects work at all. Some music files do. Actors just are not there. Its crazy.

I am relatively new to gamesalad so my only experience has been with this last prior build. All of my games I am working on are from that version.

Therefore none of them now work properly in this new update. These are things that should be tested before release. Am i wrong?

Gamesalad is a great tool it makes game development alot easier, but it should be backwards compatible and it shouldn't cause chaos whenever an update comes along.

I therefore will not be upgrading to pro until these things are worked out. 500 dollars might not seem like alot of money to some of you, but I have trouble parting with it when I'm not sure how polished the pro features are or wha other problems they may cause.

I might just be salty because none of my games work. Even after trying the suggested method of changing the file names. I actually wish I hadn't upgraded.

Is there a way to reinstall the old version?

Making the world better one pixel at a time!

My Website
    Over 70 AWESOME Gamesalad Templates by me!
    HIRE ME!

• TeamLava8TeamLava8 Member, BASIC Posts: 294
    digitaldurian said:
    hey this is the best update yet as i can continue working much longer without slowing down! But something is wrong after updating...now my mac can't detect my device when plugged in, thus i can't update the viewer, thus i can't test my game no more. How is GS causing this? Did it overwrite anything regarding device connectivity to my mac?

@digitaldurian
    You need to reinstall the gs viewer too and redo the process of changing the bundle identifier etc.

I actually needed to delete the old version of the viewer off of my device before it would actually work.

]-:

Making the world better one pixel at a time!

My Website
    Over 70 AWESOME Gamesalad Templates by me!
    HIRE ME!

• sebababisebababi Member Posts: 51
    Saving => Opening problem

Hi Guys, I need some help.

I think this is the best GS of all, but ...

I saved the file I've been working on for the last 2 days, and then I couldn't open it again.

I just see the loading.gif animation trying to open my file. In the RECENT tab. I can see OTHER old projects, and open them, and save them, and reopen without a problem.

So, it has to be a problem with my file.

I tried a 2 day old version, and it opens fine, but then I SAVED IT, without modifying anything, and then try to reopen it, and it won't open.

SO I CAN'T FINISH MY GAME !!

Thanks in advance, should I reinstall XCode? or How could I reinstal the previous GS version !!!

thanks
    Sebastian
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    There's a workaround on page 3 of this thread!

Look for the yellow post!

QS:D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Uuufffhhh

thanks a lot !! problem solved ;o)

Great job with the new Version !!

If I can just propose something, it would be nice to know when you have something in the "otherwise" part of the rule, so that you don't have to open them all everytime when checking for code.

Thanks !!!

Sebastian
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    sebababi said:
    Uuufffhhh

thanks a lot !! problem solved ;o)

Great job with the new Version !!

If I can just propose something, it would be nice to know when you have something in the "otherwise" part of the rule, so that you don't have to open them all everytime when checking for code.

Thanks !!!

Sebastian

Good suggestion mate! i didn't notice how much this bothers me until you mentioned it!
    another suggestion is to give a warning when deleting used attributes from actors , much like the warning we get if we delete a game attributes that in use. as for now it just delete it and if that attributes was in use it can cause some serious problems.

Roy.
  • gamedivisiongamedivision Member Posts: 807
    ha ha you stole tshirtbooths saying on the video New Display Text Behavior changes and thats all you need to know about text behavior
  • rdcuberdcube Member Posts: 361
    This is cool!!!
    One of my first games (and customers) screamed for some sort of leaderboard.
    I'll try to update (it was made about a year ago (0.86 or so)) and pray that nothing breaks.

-RD
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    I've use GS for 3 hrs and it has not crash !!!!! YA!!!!!!!!
  • bluelotusbluelotus Member Posts: 96
    Its great to finally have a more stable GS, Thanks for making that happen :)
  • venon_itvenon_it Member, PRO Posts: 594
    Hi staff i have a question.... Question is Game Center function... i follow all forum post, but my problem is one, i have 3 leaderboard : Bonus , score , speed , but in game center the point is only in bonus! This ia my setting in gamesalad:

When the game start ( splash screen )  after 0.1 login game center, after 0.2 loading the bonus, score and speed , after 2 sec change scene ( home scene ) after 0.1 Charge the first leaderboard gamecenter bonus, after 0.2  Charge the second leaderboard gamecenter speed, after 0.3 Charge the 3 leaderboard gamecenter score.

Now push gamecenter button and i go in bonus leaderbiard and see the point!! Yeee

But if i see ( example ) score leaderboard ...
    it is not updated!

Why? Thanks for help me

Luca
  • venon_itvenon_it Member, PRO Posts: 594
    Ah... i use id: com.domine.bonus , com.domine.score, com.domine.speed
  • justpro5justpro5 Member Posts: 49
    Hi all
    Please help me when I try to open saved games it just gives me the loading circle and not opening the project what I should do?
    Should I uninstall the GS and reinstall it or what ?
  • Koda89Koda89 Member Posts: 275
    *reads GameSalad has Game Center now*

:D

*reads it is only for Professional users*

D:

Why must you guys always set me up for excitement only to send me crashing down a few lines later? :(
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Koda89 said:
    Why must you guys always set me up for excitement only to send me crashing down a few lines later? :(

I don't just argue because I'm good at it...
    http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=22239

I mentioned that GameSalad should warn the community BEFORE Game Center features were introduced in 0.9.3. I suspected that a PRO-only limitation of the feature would cause disappointment and frustration for some members of the community. Surprisingly, some members of this community argued against me.

GameSalad did the right thing! They did warn the community.

It's unfortunate that you were disappointed. But on the bright side, Game Center needs a lot of work. A possible solution is to use the free version of GameSalad and raise enough money to upgrade. Leaderboards are just the beginning! While saving money for the upgrade, Game Center should get better.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    justpro5 said:
    Hi all
    Please help me when I try to open saved games it just gives me the loading circle and not opening the project what I should do?
    Should I uninstall the GS and reinstall it or what ?

Check page three of this thread.

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Koda89 said:

They said when they posted the roadmap that basically all new features would be pro only to start. this should not come as a surprise to anyone. GameSalad is free. why do you expect them to keep pouring money into the already very good free version when the pro version up to now was really not worth it?
    Hi JustPro5

I had the same thing, they explained it in Page 3, Yellow Post.

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=23098&page=3

It's very simple to temporary fix,
  • Koda89Koda89 Member Posts: 275
    Well excuse me guys for not being up to speed, I haven't been on this site the last few weeks because I was focusing on doing my schoolwork(funnily enough, one of things I had to do was make a game for my capstone project, and I used GameSalad to do so).

I'm just a little let down, not at you guys(GameSalad), but at myself. I don't have the $500 for the Pro edition, hell, I don't even have the $100 needed to have be an Apple developer.

I'm back in that damn catch-22 of needing money to make money.
  • PortymanPortyman Member, PRO Posts: 409
    Can someone post the web URL for the rating.
  • gandgand Member Posts: 54
    As never too late to say thank you, thanks a lot for Commenting Out Behaviors feature, real great time saver.