Original Old Discussion Thread • Think Outside The Box 3 •

Comments

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    @Captialcarnage.... it says they have wifi on the site... never been myself but its weird the number of people I know that have or are going...
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    This is getting very weird... I know that place as a friend's sister used to run the stables, and I went to a good few parties there. Believe it was once a nudist colony (back in the 1930s).
  • capitalcarnagecapitalcarnage Member Posts: 371
    @Stormystudio - Thank you for that!.My wife told me she had looked and they didnt!.

I will now let this discussion get back on topic.
  • capitalcarnagecapitalcarnage Member Posts: 371
    OMG - theres loads of mileage in the nudist colony info :)
    Cool... well hopefully it means you can take part from day 1... (though not sure if working on GameSalad really lends itself to a family holiday very well...maybe just take a note pad and work out Rule/behaviour ideas and visuals... either way have fun)

Back on subject
    BIG NEWS....

There's only about 41 hours till the THEME is announced...

Also just added Weswogs review prize to the official prize list...
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    Im so excited for Saturday!

And im not trying to change the topic, but it would be interesting to see what age people are that are taking part. Anyone else in the age range of 11-15 like me ?
  • JamwithnoJamwithno Member Posts: 312
    I am and I am going to do it. Im 12 and I might not be able to finish all the way through and I probally won't win but who knows.
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Jamwithno said:
    I am and I am going to do it. Im 12 and I might not be able to finish all the way through and I probally won't win but who knows.

Age is still no excuse. I'm 14 but thats no excuse for me not to get my game done. haah. Just try your best and see what happens.
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    Im sooo going to participate! :D
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    Lets keep this thread up and running! :)

Cheers, Weswog
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    JamieOneil said:

And im not trying to change the topic, but it would be interesting to see what age people are that are taking part. Anyone else in the age range of 11-15 like me ?

I'm 24, but I started making games around 11-12. I'm sure you guys can bring us some cool games :)
    kapser said:
    I'm 24, but I started making games around 11-12. I'm sure you guys can bring us some cool games :)

Yeah, someone like me who is 14 can make a game as good as someone who is 24.
    But its good to see that all age ranges are taking part :)

JamieOneil
  • BackUpAndDownBackUpAndDown Member Posts: 685
    Hey Stormystudio what do you think about adding a poll to this topic asking who will be participating. It would be an easy way to get a idea of how many people are taking part and I'm sure i'm not the only one who's curious on the numbers. ^_^
    @BackUpAndDown

Too late to add a poll to this thread I'm afraid...

I guess we will have to wait and see how many people are going to take part...
    The excitement has started. About 13 hours to go!
    Can't wait! :3

JamieOneil

EDIT : Can't wait so much i made an un-offical countdown to 7:30 tomorrow ;)
    http://countdown.free-and-online.com/?timer=qwwbky9560
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    I'm keen. Time to win!
  • OaklandasfanOaklandasfan Member Posts: 213
    IDK if your timer is right, Jamie, cause it says 12 hours 'til the theme is announced. Maybe it's just time zones.
    http://countdown.free-and-online.com/index.php
    There. That was easy (This is for PT in the US.)
    NVM ABOUT MY PREVIOUS POST! This is the real link:
    http://countdown.free-and-online.com/?timer=ujmnbi8415
    Well stormy said its about 7:30 his time is when he's going to announce it. From where I live, Texas, that is exactly 6 hours ahead. So if you live in the central time zone in the u.s, it will be around 1:30 am
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    Wow there are 8 pages of comments... Can you make a post or a yellow sticky of the rules, time to start and time to end, how to enter...everything there is to know?
    I have not follow the previous ones and I am kind of lost...also after too many beers my attention span is lost...
    I started to read the fist page and stopped a the 5th comment. Also I am from Puerto Rico, it is 10:30. Base on that at what time its going to be announced the theme?
  • JamwithnoJamwithno Member Posts: 312
    I know dream lab it really stinks I won't have any time tomorrow but think of an idea. I might have a litlle time. By the way I have never done this before how is the best way to start.
    Jamwithno said:
    I know dream lab it really stinks I won't have any time tomorrow but think of an idea. I might have a litlle time. By the way I have never done this before how is the best way to start.

well the best way to start any game is plan it all out. Then start making the menus and make your first level, unless its an endless game. But you have to make a thread on your game kinda like a creation log. but you only have 3 weeks, so don't waste your time. I also don't have time tomorrow because I'm headin to my grandparents. Will get back late. but oh well. Can't wait to see what everyone is doing!
    I do the opposite :) The first level and the menu are the last thing I do.
    Yes but how do you get in? Do you fill a form or say - I am here or count me in?
    Is this a reply to me lol? Last things I do doesn't mean I don't do XD
  • XLWolfyXLWolfy Member Posts: 67
    Do you know when the theme is gonna be released Vancouver, BC time?
    LordTarantor said:
    Yes but how do you get in? Do you fill a form or say - I am here or count me in?

when the theme is announced just make a thread for your game. Thats basically it.
  • XLWolfyXLWolfy Member Posts: 67
    JamieOneil said:

No Kapser, sorry its not about you :P just asking how do you get in in the contest...

Thanks DreamLab