Everybody take a look at this!

GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Member Posts: 927
edited April 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
I may sound crazy and this project may not go as planned but I would like for anybody in the list I'm about to create and if you have an game development skill to help make a really good title for gamesalad, a platformer. It's very hard and time consuming to create a platformer and we all know it so if we all work together we could give gamesalad a big title for giving us the new 299$ membership. SO if you think I'm crazy or don't have the time just forget about it because I doubt this will actually happen but all the money will go to buying pro memberships for everybody or if you're already pro you can take the money, but the whole point is to help gamesalad.

List of people who I would be really happy if they joined

Coders:
@motherhoose (i wish) in
@mynameisace (i wish) in
@tshirtbooth (i wish) in kind of
@tenrdrmer (i wish) X
@leonarddeveloper (i wish) in
@gyroscope (i wish)
@johnpapiomitis (i wish)
@utopian games (i wish)X
@ozboybrian (i wish)
@anybody who wants to in

Artists:
@Rittenhouse(i wish)
@Creativeapps/john as he asked me to call him (i wish)
@spriteattack (i wish)
@debugdesign (i wish)
@pixelgun (i wish)
@jayleedesigns (i wish)
@anybody who wants to

Composers:
@Slickzero (i wish)
@honeytribestudios (i wish)
@anybody who wants to (i wish)

Marketers:
@micksolo (i wish) I think he's a marketer

I don't expect anybody or almost anybody to join (we will need at least 5 people) so thats why I made the post BIG.

EDIT: Revenue will be split bettween everybody that helps and side helpers like tshirtbooth will get half the percent a fulltime worker gets.

GOAL IS TOP 50 I HOPE WE CAN MAKE IT

Please support gamesalad :D

Comments

• DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Someone awhile back tried to do almost the exact same thing you are after. And there were a couple flaws with his plan.

1) Not everybody can work together. Many developers/artists have different styles, and would only butt heads if they were forced to work together.

2) Sorting out revenue would be a hassle. Many contracts would have to be signed, not even considering minors.

3) The other member who tried this wanted to work every night/day on it. Most people just don't have that kind of time to work on a spare project.

I'm not saying it's impossible to do, but those are some things you might want to think about. The reasons listed are the reasons it failed last time(many more were not listed).
  • GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Member Posts: 927
    @DreamLab I didn't think it would work, I don't have a ton of time to put into this so I don't think people will have to worry about that but the revenue and styles I was thinking of too. I just though we could seperate the project and have each of us do our part, for the revenue thats not what it's about. It's about helping gamesalad for community love week and all their generousity and features.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    edited April 2012
    Im personally offended I was listed below LeonardDeveloper. ;)

for that im out. :D

Oh and that I didnt get an (I wish) next to my name LOLOLOLOLOL
    Happy :D I hope a couple people want to but its not looking too good
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    edited April 2012
    Great … but, I love a challenge! …

so since I suck at music (except in iPad garageBand!)
    I think I should be a composer! =))
    ===

seriously @MJMDesign … very nice thought/idea …

but I swore I would never do an RPG again
    Adventure Quests … yes!
    but RPGs … if done right … are so convoluted … seems every action/event must be tracked and will probably trigger every other action/event … be so massive … and resource demanding
    (though that might change when we go native)

go try Google new World Map Quest beta … click Maps on google page and then Quest in the map area … see the game in the left bottom sideBar! … I can't find all the hidden monsters :((

image MH
    I wanted to base it off of the pokemon games in terms of layout and features but this is not looking good 0/2 :(
    please somebody, support gs !!!
  • SAZ_1SAZ_1 Member Posts: 397
    you missed out some big names in that list (hint hint) ...lol... nah seriously though the most promising looking rpg coming from gamesalad seems to be Roy's project .. im kind of shocked you never put him down for coding he's released some good templates as well.
    ugghh sorry I just thought of the first couple that came to mind @pom you can be in it if you read this but then again everyone can.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Im personally offended I was listed below LeonardDeveloper. ;)

for that im out. :D

Oh and that I didnt get an (I wish) next to my name LOLOLOLOLOL
    You should be happy, Its not everyday you get listed below an extremely sexy and intelligent game developer :D,
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    edited April 2012
    Alright... I suppose ill chip in... Only if some other people do to.... But I don't see how its going to work.. e.g.. What about revenue? Who's dev account? Gamesalad's? What about working together... I personally couldn't stick with working with anyone as bad as gs as tenrdrmer ;) (sarcasm we all love the big bad sous chef here)
  • UnicornInvasionUnicornInvasion Member Posts: 301
    What about working together... I personally couldn't stick with working with anyone as bad as gs as tenrdrmer ;)
    I agree! And I wonder why I am not on the list! ( I actually know 100% why I am not on the list!) But Could I do some stuff? I am really bad at pretty much anything but I think you need the help right now and I have nothing to do right now!

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited April 2012
    I like the idea but can't devote enough time to it unfortunately.

Best of luck!

Darren.
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    If you can wait a month until I've finished current projects, I'll do it.

Ace
    @mynameisace sure we can wait a month to start @unicorninvasion anybody can help so if you want to you can. Since we didn't get a lot of people liking the rpg idea, now that I think about it rpg is probably too hard so we should downscale it to a mario/platformer type game.
    edited April 2012

You should be happy, Its not everyday you get listed below an extremely sexy and intelligent game developer :D,
    Why thank you, Jack!

image MH
  • DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
    @MotherHoose I'm afraid you are mistaken, he was clearly referring to me! (Under my new persona of anybody!).

if there's an Ace in the works!

@MJMDesigns … deal me in!

love to game with @mynameisace

image MH
    edited April 2012
    Awesome now we got motherhoose and partially tshirtbooth
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Guys dont feed the troll its being dealt with
    so @johnpapiomitis you in
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    wait...

@mjmdesign when will this start? I have a ton of time after July
    One month for mynameisace sorry we can't wait till july
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    k no problem
  • SnapFireSnapFire Member Posts: 361
    Well this is going to turn out very interesting..

Sorry I have to much on my plate right now for something like this.
    I also believe it would be very hard to work out like @DreamLab said.

I did say hard though, not impossible. Best of luck!
    -Thomas
    who changed the title

• patapplepatapple Member Posts: 873
    If you need a coder, I can do a few a things. I'm in! ;)
    Great @patapple Just to clear up it is a platformer and we start in a month.
    edited April 2012
    So far we have 7 people including tshirtbooth and me and genius.games will do the sound. I can do pixel art and I think mynameisace is starting pixel art so we will probably have pixel art :) . Everybody whose participating please post your emails.

edit: people can still join especially marketers or @firemaplegames :D
  • patapplepatapple Member Posts: 873
    This is my email:

Infobalestra@gmail.com