Everybody take a look at this!

Comments

• mrglocklingmrglockling Member Posts: 258
    I am resonably good with art if im not on a really short deadline also im good at coding thanks to @allsouschefs ;) If you want me in I will be glad! :-bd
  • GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Member Posts: 927
    edited April 2012
    Awesome @mrglockling, what kind of art do you do?

EDIT: you're in if I didn't make that clear, were up to 9 people 10 including genius.games
  • Bolt2Bolt2 Member Posts: 41
    This is a really good idea, but from what I've researched and from what I understand this will be a huge undertaking.

I hope you are prepared :)

-Good luck

-Blackmill
    @MjMdesign UI and basic stuff I saw something about pixel art this would be a good oppurtunity to learn pixel art :)
    awesome if you could learn a little pixel art that would be great I learned in a day and my gs picture is pixel art. Now all we need is a story.... anybody?
    @MjMDesign Alright also unless this game makes it big I dont want any profit from it this could just be a nice portfolio for me! Only because Game Creation is a hobby ;) Now what do you mean by story line what style of game are we looking at here?
    What pixel studio/art software would you guys recommend?
    edited April 2012
    I thought a platformer would be good and the story is like the background of the character. Also if you had a different idea for a game then that would be fine. My sole purpose of contributing is to see what it is like to work with a biggish game development team.
    edited April 2012
    Look up pixen its what I use and it's really good

EDIT: also it's free
    I had a idea a while back that I trashed because animating became a chore not a hobby. This is how it goes. (Character name) Has been accidentaly choosen to join the army. After many failed attempts at trying to be released he decides to make a run for it. this means trying to overcome and outsmart other army forces. Thats what I got.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    It would be quicker and easier for you guys to communicate about this over email once you have joined the team.
    we don't have everyones email yet
    @mrglockling sure we can use that what do you want the gameplay style to be
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    So get his email.
    I asked for it a while ago
    @MjMdesign lets have everyones idea first :) and continue via E-Mail
    ok lets here some ideas @everybody and emails
    Actually just email me @morgan.meliment@hanovernorwichschools.org
    We got @Motherhoose, @mynameisace, @leonarddeveloper, @patapple, @mrglockling, @tshirtbooth (kind of), @Me, @genius.games 7 others hmm I must of counted wrong :-?
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    I don't know if I'll have time. But don't be afraid to contact me.

Braydon(at)coyer.net
    awesome thank you @Braydon_SFX
  • xforcexforce Member Posts: 187
    what is the title of this game going to be? and will the entire project be done in pixel art?
  • pxlpfctpxlpfct Member Posts: 37
    I'm in. I'm a noob but I've got a lot of ideas. I'm good at pixel art and 3d animation so I'd do artist and ideas maybe.
    Awesome @pxlpfct either give your email or email me at morgan.meliment@hanovernorwichschools.org we now have me mynameisace I think and you @pxlpfct on pixel art, advertisers still in need! @xforce yes it's going to be done in pixel art. Game ideas welcome
    Awesome @pxlpfct either give your email or email me at morgan.meliment@hanovernorwichschools.org we now have me mynameisace I think and you @pxlpfct on pixel art, advertisers still in need! @xforce yes it's going to be done in pixel art. Game ideas welcome
    brp616@me.com if you want to see my work just give me something to make and I'll make a quick piece.

it's fine I trust you're a good artist but if you want to show the community a piece you can. I hope to see some more emails.
    it's fine I trust you're a good artist but if you want to show the community a piece you can. I hope to see some more emails.
    Did you email me? My mail is kinda wonky right now so I didn't get anything.
    @pxlpfct Yea just upload something I would love to see it :)
    no I didn't I'm going to wait a couple of days till I get everyones email and get some more ideas to choose from (I really like mrglocking's idea though) We don't start till may 1st so mynameisace can join