'LAD' - Now released on the AppStore (beefy_clyro)

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    @beffy_clyro NICE! This looks fantastic! Keep us up to date
    @theCodeMonsters Thank you sir, I will update this thread quite regularly so you should see all news here.
    It looks great Keith! Very professional!
    @TheMoonwalls Awesome man, your feedback is always appreciated.

• 3xL3xL Member Posts: 676
    I love what your doing with this man
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Beefy!!! WOW i love it , the atmosphere of the game is fascinating! great project my friend keep us posted !

roy.
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    Amazing, looking forward for this one.
  • mikelowemikelowe Member Posts: 177
    Graphics look great. Good work!
  • xforcexforce Member Posts: 187
    if that music makes it into the game it'll be really good. adds alot to the feel of the game. one thing i dont like is the double jump though. something about the way it looks completely threw me off. i dont know if its the fact that hes doing the double jump itself or maybe its the animation for it. maybe you should consider a different animation for the double jump. game looks pretty good overall though
    I love what your doing with this man
    @3xL Cheers man

Beefy!!! WOW i love it , the atmosphere of the game is fascinating! great project my friend keep us posted !

roy.
    @P-O-M Thanks Roy, was definitely looking to build atmosphere with this one. It needs it throughout the story and will hopefully have the player asking themselves a few questions whilst playing.
    Amazing, looking forward for this one.
    @EatingMyHat Appreciate your kind words
    Graphics look great. Good work!
    @mikelowe Glad you like them :)

Status Update 28/05/12

So I decided armed with an early footage promo, I would send out a few emails to try and pickup a bit of attention ... I got 2 reviews :D

Front Page on - http://www.touchgen.net/

If you're reading this after its been knocked off the direct link is - http://www.touchgen.net/limbo-inspired-platformer-coming-soon

I also received one over at Arcade Life - http://arcadelife.wordpress.com/2012/05/28/lad-limbo-inspired-puzzle-platformer-coming-to-ios-mac-android/

• macewanmacewan Member Posts: 214
    Freaking incredible work! Huge Limbo fan myself.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Congretulations on the previews.
    Looks like a good game!
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    @beefy_clyro

Hi beefy, wow, that sure is looking the business; love the graphics, and the gameplay looks really engaging. This deserves to storm, in my opinion. :-)

----------------------------------------------
    http://davidgriffinapps.co.uk/

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Love the video, Guessing you did that in AE?
    Looking great!!, Really looking forward to this!
    Freaking incredible work! Huge Limbo fan myself.
    @macewan Thanks for your comments and like. Much appreciated. Limbo is amazing but i feel LAD is quite different, its main influence is in atmosphere and graphical style.
    Congretulations on the previews.
    Looks like a good game!
    @LudwigHeijden Appreciate the kind words.

@beefy_clyro

Hi beefy, wow, that sure is looking the business; love the graphics, and the gameplay looks really engaging. This deserves to storm, in my opinion. :-)

----------------------------------------------
    http://davidgriffinapps.co.uk/
    @gyroscope Wow, humbled, thanks. I really hope it storms. My main goal is that people judge it for what it is and don't immediately dismiss it as a Limbo clone.
    Love the video, Guessing you did that in AE?
    Looking great!!, Really looking forward to this!
    @LeonardDeveloper Thanks man, its not a million miles off :)

Hard work pays of ;)
    Appadvice is talking about u. I think the limbo inspiration is getting it a lot of attentiOn aswell. Good stuff
    Hard work pays of ;)
    @LudwigHeijden Hopefully ... My early preview has gained some traction so just need to keep up the momentum.
    Appadvice is talking about u. I think the limbo inspiration is getting it a lot of attentiOn aswell. Good stuff
    @3xL Good spot, I hadn't seen that one. I've now read the article so thanks for pointing that out. The Limbo inspiration is definitely getting a lot of attention, some good, some bad ... Just wish it wasn't wrote of by some before its even been finished.

I don't get it man...I don't like this at allllll

I LOVE IT! ;) really intrigued as to how u actually move about and stuff but it looks soooo good man. The graphics alone will get u tons of mileage.
    @uptimistik Very much appreciated good sir.
    Hard work pays of ;)
    @LudwigHeijden Hopefully ... My early preview has gained some traction so just need to keep up the momentum.
    @3xL Good spot, I hadn't seen that one. I've now read the article so thanks for pointing that out. The Limbo inspiration is definitely getting a lot of attention, some good, some bad ... Just wish it wasn't wrote of by some before its even been finished.

I LOVE IT! ;) really intrigued as to how u actually move about and stuff but it looks soooo good man. The graphics alone will get u tons of mileage.

did you send them information? or are they lingering in these forums? lol
  • crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519
    This is a game I'm going to love.
    Hard work pays of ;)

did you send them information? or are they lingering in these forums? lol
    @3xL I sent some information out, can't remember to who specifically.
    This is a game I'm going to love.
    @crazycam99 Awesome, thanks a lot man!
    Guys please don't quote quotes. I keep getting messages that I am quoted while I am not.
    No worries man, i agree with and also congrats ludwig
    Thanks!

I can't hide anything from you guys ;)
    ;)
    Status Update 05/06/12

So after releasing gameplay footage (shown on Page 1), I have decided to stop focusing on some of the later levels and go back tightening some of the bits from the earlier levels ... These were all just small changes, but bits I wanted to do, but had not gotten around to changing. These are now complete and I'm now on the last stretch of levels.

Once the levels are complete I still have lots of bits to add in. I have GameCenter achievements and a side 'collectible' to add in - This will give you an insight into the character and will build up to tell the story throughout!

In the mean time, heres a screenshot including the very dangerous ... Tesla Coils.

• poorcollegedevpoorcollegedev Member Posts: 289
    This game is just astounding! Cant wait for it to release! Good work @beefy_clyro
    This game is just astounding! Cant wait for it to release! Good work @beefy_clyro
    @poorcollegedev Thanks for your kind words, hopefully the release isn't 'too far' away :)

Status Update - 16/06/12

Parallax

Been spending a lot of time swapping out the background images and adding in some scrolling backgrounds. After releasing the initial w.i.p footage, 1 bit of feedback I received was that the backgrounds looked a bit to static .. I guess I always felt a bit this way as well myself. I have now since, swapped out the statics and this is the result below;

Video quality isn't exactly HD but you'll get the point :)
  • crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519
    An other update to this super game would be nice?
    An other update to this super game would be nice?
    @crazycam99 Thanks, for the interest. Development has really slowed on this as I'm approaching the end! Im now beginning to pick it up after the time away and hopefully look to make some substantial strides forward. I will provide a better update soon!
    Status Update - 20/07/12

New W.I.P video to show;

As always, all feedback welcome.

Cheers