'LAD' - Now released on the AppStore (beefy_clyro)

Comments

• POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Beefy the video peaks looks astonishing !
    But yet again I expect nothing less from you ;)

Roy.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Cheers Roy, much appreciated my friend :)
  • petercoupepetercoupe Member Posts: 94
    Wow! Without any doubt this is the most stylish and sophisticated use of GS I have ever seen (no offense to anyone else intended here). The graphics are utterly stunning, and the music is soooo desperately lonely it brings a tear to my eye just watching the 'pre-flight' video. You have produced a work of art here and have set a target that I am going to be a long, long time chasing!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    this looks just awesome, do you have any sort of hard target for finishing it? I think if you can get it submitted by early september so it's out around oct 1st, it could do very well in any sort of halloween promotions.

really looking forward to it.
    Wow! Without any doubt this is the most stylish and sophisticated use of GS I have ever seen (no offense to anyone else intended here). The graphics are utterly stunning, and the music is soooo desperately lonely it brings a tear to my eye just watching the 'pre-flight' video. You have produced a work of art here and have set a target that I am going to be a long, long time chasing!
    @petercoupe Awesome praise, very much appreciated and quite humbled by that! Thank You!

this looks just awesome, do you have any sort of hard target for finishing it? I think if you can get it submitted by early september so it's out around oct 1st, it could do very well in any sort of halloween promotions.

really looking forward to it.
    @jonmulcahy Thanks :) No real hard target, in fairness, I thought it would be due ready around now but I lost motivation for a while, so took a month or so off and I'm now behind my 'not so important' schedule.
    I would think it will definitely be ready by halloween. I have the following to do;

* 5 more levels! (all game mechanics are done so just need to build the levels)
    * Add in Achievements - These will be collectible scrolls that further tell a part of the story from the characters eyes!
    * Build a menu to access the achievements from.

* POLISH! Make sure everything is tight, do some final testing and good to go :)

There is a lot of graphics being used, was desperately hoping the LUA drop would happen before I was approaching the end ,but this doesn't look like its going to happen which is a shame!

Cheers
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    If this isn't a hit i give up :)

Darren.
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    edited July 2012
    It looks absolutely amazing..I loved limbo so I just can't wait to play this.

The only thing I have to say is that I think the background images are too busy and there is too much going on in them. In Limbo the backgrounds are sort of blurred and more focused on the platforms, which also makes for a more spooky atmosphere. In the video at the very top of this page, for example, I can't quite tell if the you can jump on the platform that is holding the tree or if it is just a part of the background. Might just be me! Anyway, it looks like its coming along great and wish you the best of luck!
  • J_PANJ_PAN Member Posts: 140
    edited July 2012
    @beefy_clyro, wow, I blasted away, amazing work
    If this isn't a hit i give up :)

Darren.
    @UtopianGames ... Cheers Darren, would be awesome to be rewarded with a lot of hard effort since I started with something reasonably successful. I still don't hold out much hopes but you never know :)
    It looks absolutely amazing..I loved limbo so I just can't wait to play this.

The only thing I have to say is that I think the background images are too busy and there is too much going on in them. In Limbo the backgrounds are sort of blurred and more focused on the platforms, which also makes for a more spooky atmosphere. In the video at the very top of this page, for example, I can't quite tell if the you can jump on the platform that is holding the tree or if it is just a part of the background. Might just be me! Anyway, it looks like its coming along great and wish you the best of luck!
    @artonskyblue Thanks for your comments, much appreciated. Limbo has simpler backgrounds as the levels scroll so you encounter seeing many things in the background. Mine are all played on that single screen so wanted the backgrounds to be quite detailed. Its obvious where you can and cannot go when playing the game, the video quality you are seeing is not very good so you don't get a true reflection ... they look great on retina devices!
    wow, I blasted away, amazing work
    @pan_joshua Loving your kind words, thanks :)
    I'm sure you'll be able to run your own $10k competition shortly, don't you agree @UtopianGames ? ;) ...
    Absolutely mind-blowing how good this looks man....
    @uptimistik Ha, I wish, thanks none the less though bro! :)

So I've not got much of an update, look to have one soon though. I've had no internet for a week and haven't had much GS time so have only managed 1 more level .. that leaves 4 to go now!

I have a week off work soon and really want the levels completed by then as have to add in the achievements, one other menu and want to get a lot of testing/polish done in that week. The end is in sight and its going to be exciting releasing it!
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    Really great atmosphere. Looks fun to play and the graphics are good looking and consistent. Looking forward to this one:)
    Really great atmosphere. Looks fun to play and the graphics are good looking and consistent. Looking forward to this one:)
    @dhondon Thank you, coming from a great artist such as yourself, its great to hear your feedback!
    edited July 2012
    @beefy_clyro this looks amazing ... there is no doubt in my mind this will be a hit!

good luck my friend.

T
    @tshirtbooth Always appreciate your thoughts and honoured to have you speak highly of it Sir!

Thanks
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    This is really coming along!
    Well done! I can't wait to play it!

Just be sure to release and submit to the September Game of the Month so I can win August. ;)

• ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    ^ Ditto ^
    Took the words out of my mouth.
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    Wow....looks awesome.
    This is really coming along!
    Well done! I can't wait to play it!

Just be sure to release and submit to the September Game of the Month so I can win August. ;)

@Braydon_SFX cheers for your comments and hope it doesnt disappoint!

Im aiming for an end of August release so will probably be in the September game of the month!
    Wow....looks awesome.
    @BazookaTime thank you, much appreciated
  • BarrytheBraveBarrytheBrave Member Posts: 134
    This looks really great, I love games with this kind of atmosphere and it looks like you've nailed it!
    This looks really great, I love games with this kind of atmosphere and it looks like you've nailed it!
    @ooi .. Hopefully, the atmosphere is important to the story ... hopefully it pays off!
    Status update - 15/08/12

So had the week off, been busy, it was my birthday yesterday and treated myself to a new car today :)
    In between, I've put some GS time in and am pleased to announce all the levels to LAD are now finished! I just have some story to do, add in a couple of unlockables planned and then polish up and sort any minor bugs outstanding!

The end is nye!
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    The background art is really nice. Music in the vid works really well too.
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface PRO Posts: 491
    Just caught this, and cannot believe how beautiful it looks - in a dark and eerie kind of way. Love games with great atmosphere like this, look forward to trying it. The car is not a Bugatti Veyron is it? Well I guess that can wait until after you release this :))
    The background art is really nice. Music in the vid works really well too.
    @HoneyTribeStudios Cheers mate :)
    Just caught this, and cannot believe how beautiful it looks - in a dark and eerie kind of way. Love games with great atmosphere like this, look forward to trying it. The car is not a Bugatti Veyron is it? Well I guess that can wait until after you release this :))
    @Chobbiface Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately the car is not a Bugatti Veyron, it was a BMW 1 series but onwards and upwards and all that! ha
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    That Bugatti will come after you have released LAD. It must be a hit.
    Those last bits are the hardest right? When you think you are done and find some more polishing work.
    Good luck!!
  • JuggerJugger Member, PRO Posts: 238
    This is really cool! well done
  • pandathebearpandathebear Member Posts: 15
    Congrats on an awesome looking piece of work!
  • kinzuakinzua Member Posts: 554
    @beefy_clyro awesome stuff there mate.. wud love to play it..
    That Bugatti will come after you have released LAD. It must be a hit.
    Those last bits are the hardest right? When you think you are done and find some more polishing work.
    Good luck!!
    @LudwigHeijden Ha, im not holding out for a Bugatti but we can all dream right? The last bits are the hardest, starting out and implementing is the easy fun bits ... After staring at the same thing for months on end it gets tough! Still, its really getting there now :)
    This is really cool! well done
    @Jugger cheers, glad you like the look of it :)
    Congrats on an awesome looking piece of work!
    @pandathebear Thank you Sir

@beefy_clyro awesome stuff there mate.. wud love to play it..
    @kinzua You shouldn't have to wait too much longer now to play it! Its almost complete now!

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Yay! Ce had my eye on this thread, itching to play the game! PM me if you need an iPad tester.