Who does this new face belong to?

Comments

• Bad wolf GuyBad wolf Guy Member Posts: 206
    Hello, my only concern is with GS forums.
    I am on everyday, not contributing because it seems no matter what is said your going to get slammed.
    For example, @elf_on_the_shelf stated an opinion, of course I have my own opinions on that subject that do not agree but that was meant for codewizard and SaladStraightShooter. The fact that other people feel that they have the need to join in and attack as much as possible. This happens more and more and even in questions, hijacking threads, for example I was reading a while ago someone wanted to know about a feature that I was curious to know about too. Then first comment was completely different and was asking another question.

It's also people who been here a while and feel they can make a gang. Good on you for sticking around that long but the fact that you spend two out of three posts critising someone because they don't agree with you is childish. I know you get the same anwser over and over but just say nothing then. Someone else might anwser instead of raging at them for asking a simple question.

I also think that it should be 15 years or higher to be on forums because 13 is too young. Your dealing with adults ect and they just pretend they can act like one. It doesn't work.

So what I would like to see is a separate place hidden from the main feed where people can complain all they like and get it off thier chest so that the rest of the forums can remain clean.

I also believe that the current sous shouldnt be sous, well some of them. But that's my opinion.

Otherthen that good work attempting to make GS better :)
  • 921creative921creative Member, PRO Posts: 140
    Some people must think that complaining/begging/whining for new features is akin to lighting a fire under developers' butts. The more time they have to spend on the forums responding to the same demands over and over means less time actually coding. Since I want the same cool features as everyone else, sooner rather than later, I've kept quiet. Yes we will all soon be able to build the #1 game on the App Store just as soon as joints/multiplayer/facebook/camera/polygonal collisions/faster engine/Cherry Coke® dispenser/back massager/personal butler etc. are added! Can we all agree to just shut our yaps and let them work their magic?

Oh, welcome @CodeWizard.
  • DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
    edited April 2013

:P
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited April 2013
    @123App

Apologies ! I jumped the gun a little !!

:)
  • SirioGarciaSirioGarcia Member Posts: 52
    Welcome! •Ω•
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    What happened in here? This was such a nice thread. HA HA!
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    @Photics

I didn't do it!
    edited April 2013
    Not sure, it just took a turn for the worst, I thought I should join in.
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    @Photics
    I think people have figured out who the new face belongs too...they're just getting restless without results ;)

Chakku

edited April 2013
    I think people have figured out who the new face belongs too...they're just getting restless without results ;)

Chakku

Agreed, I think it's time for the CodeWizard backlash, I'll start:

I've never liked the way he makes his posts yellow, it's like he's mocking us.

Also, he's been at GameSalad for a day now and we still haven't got inverse kinematic driven joints yet, this is getting ridiculous.
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    @Socks - At least we got goat sounds. ;)
    - Thomas
  • PBEmpirePBEmpire Member Posts: 676
    @Socks
    Thats a lot of likes there.
    photo images_zps99bf0d99.jpg
  • kinzuakinzua Member Posts: 554
    edited April 2013
    @codewizard @SaladStraightShooter okay.. before you guys go ahead.. can we have something that looks like this?
    I mean its been long time waiting... plz guys

rotate tool suggestion photo roate_suggest_function_zps8f3f13e6.png
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    edited April 2013
    With a bit of sin and a little cos that is possible. Haven't you tried the mosinus project that is available for free?
    a little of sin and a bit of cos makes a good drink. But an extra of constraints and sour levels of fps gives a bad throat.. :-w
    did i just rhyme .. X_X
    =))
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Someone is getting coal in their next creator. Let me be a voice of reason. As @codewizard stated he is new running the team. He has already earned my respect by his willingness to engage us. Give him sometime to develop a plan of attack, focus his team and work the plan. I have confidence he will do this. As we saw with 10.2 getting the current creator solid and bug free will make forward compatibility better for existing projects. I totally agree with his stated goals and they are very wise decisions. We can't have it all at once but we can have steady efficient and working growth in the software. What I see in @codewizard is a leader that makes confident decisions and works them with a passion. This is the sign of a good leader. So let's all take a deep breath and be patient.
    the reason to kick this off was to bring it into notice. Unless we strengthen the foundation, there is no sense in painting the building red. As for somebody who DOESN'T NEED it, doesn't mean, others don't. I dont need it too, in my current project, cos i've found way arounds by adding constraints and sacrificing FPS. Hope one understands that if they are not suffering, the world isn't too. :P
  • PBEmpirePBEmpire Member Posts: 676
    This thread is starting to be more off topic.. People chill for a while. Let him settle down for a while before bombarding him with feature requests.
    edited April 2013
    This thread is starting to be more off topic.. People chill for a while. Let him settle down for a while before bombarding him with feature requests.
    . . . then can we kidnap him and clone his brain ?

edited April 2013
    @codewizard @SaladStraightShooter okay.. before you guys go ahead.. can we have something that looks like this?
    I mean its been long time waiting... plz guys

rotate tool suggestion photo roate_suggest_function_zps8f3f13e6.png
    +1

That would be really useful !

Also an automated mouse offset so that when you click on an object to move it (using constrain to mouse position on touch) the position on the object you click on is where it is dragged from (rather than its centre) - like your rotation point idea a mouse offset is possible to do with some additional coding but it would be so much easier to have a 'mouse offset' button somewhere.
    edited April 2013
    I'm seeing all of the feature requests here. But, if you want to pollute this thread less, why not head over to this one and post your priorities there? http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/55435/optimization-priorities

As for rotation... when I make games I find that rotation without arbitrary anchors (which I call the origin point) to be rather useless. Sure, rotation about the midpoint is handy. But, you really need the ability to rotate about an arbitrary point.

I'd like to see GameSalad supporting some third party editors for animation data as well so you don't have to hand code them. Getting immediate visual feedback on your animations makes iterating on them much faster. That, in turn allows you to get higher quality at a quicker pace.

I've been looking at http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter.htm and http://esotericsoftware.com/ as potential tools to add support for.

I can't commit to when support for such systems would be implemented, but I really see such tools as a necessary part of taking your games to the next level.

Thanks!
    @uptimistik
    I've just reviewed the particle behavior. It is, of course, possible to change the sort order so that particle behaviors go behind the actor they are attached to. I'll make sure this is on the list for implementation.
    edited April 2013
    Sure, rotation about the midpoint is handy. But, you really need the ability to rotate about an arbitrary point.
    It comes up quite a lot, surprisingly, I'd say it was useful for situations where people want things to swing with a rotation point outside of the actor - or the hand on a clock pivoting about one end - or an opening that pivots along one edge - or planets circling each other (and so on). Of course it's not too difficult to do with some simple trigonometry but given GameSalad's intended audience it might be useful to have the ability to simply enter the pivot point as X and Y co-ordinates ?
    I'd like to see GameSalad supporting some third party editors for animation data . . .
    Absolutely ! Spine looks great.
  • siwelsiwel Member, PRO Posts: 20
    Spine looks amazing, would be great if GameSalad could implement this
    It is, of course, possible to change the sort order so that particle behaviors go behind the actor they are attached to.
    The option to change where they go would be ideal.
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    edited April 2013

I've been looking at http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter.htm and http://esotericsoftware.com/ as potential tools to add support for.

Thanks!
    That would be great to be able to have loads of animations without filling up device ram with images. Assuming the animation data on multiple characters doesn't kill the frame rate!
    @HoneyTribeStudios
    Playing back the animation can be done very efficiently. So, I don't see that being a problem for most games.
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    I have a feeling we're going to see an increase in quality games being made with GS in 2013... :)
  • DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
    @HoneyTribeStudios - As an artist who struggles with efficiently laying out game logic, an engine that handles my crap more efficiently will definitely allow me to produce better games. :)
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    @uptimistik
    I've just reviewed the particle behavior. It is, of course, possible to change the sort order so that particle behaviors go behind the actor they are attached to. I'll make sure this is on the list for implementation.
    this will be awesome