∞• Developing better pseudo 3D blocks •∞ Stormy Studio latest little project...

13»

Comments

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    I reckon there'd be a way to make it work with async mutliplayer.... not sure how but maybe.
  • GOG_GamesGOG_Games Member Posts: 130
    Nice. With multiplayer, you could have TWO little guys running around in the mansion!
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    I reckon there'd be a way to make it work with async mutliplayer.... not sure how but maybe.
    Depends on how fast you can transfer data :)
    - Thomas
    edited July 2013
    Video Update 08:

- Created a scene to easy see which block is which, with labels.
    - Added touch screen controls for hero actor
    - Setup interpolate for movement rather than 'move' or 'move to'. The rules allow you to interrupt an interpolate move half way through, and control speed of movement with a game attribute, so you get a consistent speed no matter what the distance is.
    - Made a long corridor... oooh!

Enjoy
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    Looks awesome :D
    Can´t wait to see how it ends.
  • BoomshackBarryBoomshackBarry Member Posts: 712
    This is coming along really well, I predict that it's going to end up being a big Stormy game project in the near future :)
  • HalfBakedProductionsHalfBakedProductions Member, PRO Posts: 248
    WOW, I love the effect! Be sure to tell me when the app comes out, I'll be sure to get it :D
  • HalfBakedProductionsHalfBakedProductions Member, PRO Posts: 248
    edited July 2013
    I can already imagine a great turn-based game with @StormyStudio's pseudo 3D environment :)

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    It really is coming along very nicely. The implementation of the textures are a nice touch!
    Classy!
    Cheers for the latest great comments..

I've made the project available on my website as a smart little game asset template... so that's that bit done for now...I'll add it to the GS Marketplace soon. I'll update it if I make any major improvements to the rules whilst making a game with it.

I know advertising templates in a thread is frowned upon so I'll leave it at that... and fingers crossed this thread is left for me to continue to post about 'the game' I'm making with it.

Here's an update of where its at tonight....

I move house in 1 week and 2 days so thought it best to get it up on the site before I get too stressed and run out of spare time.

Now I can concentrate on the game I'm hoping to make... its gonna be another big project... hopefully it will make it to completion.. (Dark Asylum never did...well.. not yet...).

From here on in this thread will be about how its going to evolve into 'THE GAME'...

I should probably get into the habbit of writing this on my blog as well... one day I'll get used to that... but now... sleeeeeeep Z z z z z z

edited July 2013
    • I'll record a video on how I've made the needed artwork for the walls tonight... :-)

Also just got message via a fellow developer on our facebook page that I'd set the video to Private... hopefully sorted that now....
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Thats so 1000% better then the previous 3d blocks you made. Very good job.
    Thanks Ludwig. Looking back at the old ones in comparison does show how limited they were...