State of GameSalad on 2-19-2014

12346»

Comments

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621
    Obviously none of you has heard the phrase..... Bit off more than he could chew..?

GS bit off more features than they could chew. But instead of slowing down. They took another bite. Got feeling we will see an entire alphabet of revisions before 0.110 comes out. Patience people Patience....oh and your subscription is up for renewal BTW.

Well that one hit the nail on the head!
  • mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102
    The current nightly build shows only how much more work needs to be done before we can speak from a working system. And wow custom loading wheels! Sorry but every developer knows that this can't be a large change as it's just a picture! But let's hope they will fix the major bugs soon!
    Woah, wait. Didn't you see all of the bugs they fixed in the latest build? My goodness, it was a lot. Granted it's not perfect, but you cannot say they're not making progress.
    Yes sure but there are also new bugs and well important things like the advertising still doesn't work. I just mean loading wheels are nice but nothing very important. That shows once more they should focus on important stuff and when all is working adding nice little goodies like the loading wheels.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    The current nightly build shows only how much more work needs to be done before we can speak from a working system. And wow custom loading wheels! Sorry but every developer knows that this can't be a large change as it's just a picture! But let's hope they will fix the major bugs soon!
    Woah, wait. Didn't you see all of the bugs they fixed in the latest build? My goodness, it was a lot. Granted it's not perfect, but you cannot say they're not making progress.
    Yes sure but there are also new bugs and well important things like the advertising still doesn't work. I just mean loading wheels are nice but nothing very important. That shows once more they should focus on important stuff and when all is working adding nice little goodies like the loading wheels.
    The loading wheel was the new feature in that build. If you scroll down just a hair you'll see all of the bugs that were fixed in that build. The bug fixes outnumber the new features in that build 30 to 1 (yes, I did count).
    The loading wheel was the new feature in that build. If you scroll down just a hair you'll see all of the bugs that were fixed in that build. The bug fixes outnumber the new features in that build 30 to 1 (yes, I did count).
    ... Yes but you still can`t use it with the bug fixes. And so still no android advertising right? So still loosing a lot of money every day. You get it? Sorry that I am not GS fanboy. I just see it more realistic.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    edited February 2014

... Yes but you still can`t use it with the bug fixes. And so still no android advertising right? So still loosing a lot of money every day. You get it? Sorry that I am not GS fanboy. I just see it more realistic.
    Guess you better learn to code then huh?

We do coding in Java and Objective C. But still if you have a game on a platform since 4 years now you can`t just switch to another platform without a huge amount of time. Also its not that GS is bad at all. The multi platform support is nice but again our main reason to complain is that since November they don`t get it done to bring out advertising for Android. That is for us a los of not small amount of money.
  • tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    Considering GS had it's origins for iOS devices only and just recently added support for other platforms, I don't have a hard time in seeing that the Android side is lacking. Just be patient
    To Code or not to Code, now that is the question!

:-?? :-?? :-?? :-?? :-?? :-?? :-?? :-?? :-?? :-?? :-?? :-?? :-??
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    To Code or not to Code, now that is the question!
    Learn more !!! The more you learn the better you will be ... I am sticking with GS but in the future when I get a better grip on GS I will learn Corona SDK as well so in times like these I will have other options but I will never let go of GS cos it is a great tool! I have invested time, money and energy in it. Add to that I really love it. In addition I will always invest in pro as the GS guys did a great job and they deserve to be paid for that they have accomplished ... I am working on lots of projects atm. Some will be released now and some will be released when features come to life but in the mean time I will just work on more projects with the resources and features I have ;-)

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308
    edited February 2014

that's what i am talking about... give up the right to complain.

Advertisement is pretty basic for an engine. I just don't like the fact that they implement other features first. Maybe you just don't see which part is more important first, or maybe you like to make game for fun with GS. But we are hoping to make some revenue from android. How do you feel when you holding your finished products and wait for GS's advertisement for android?

that's what i am talking about... give up the right to complain.

Advertisement is pretty basic for an engine. I just don't like the fact that they implement other features first. Maybe you just don't see which part is more important first, or maybe you like to make game for fun with GS. But we are hoping to make some revenue from android. How do you feel when you holding your finished products and wait for GS's advertisement for android?
    Cant speak to android as I don't publish to it but awaiting for them to fix the Blurry graphics issue (still there) So I put in my bug report and Keep working. But I'm not trying to make a living at this so I can see reasons for frustrations to those who are.
  • ClockClock Member Posts: 308

pointless...

pointless...
    Yes, learning something to achieve what you want is pointless. And as for not being able to use a nightly build for publishing, well it's not meant for production so what can I say?

Advertising isn't pretty 'basic' for an engine. What's basic is a tool with the right amount of features to create an engaging game - this is first and formost and if your only way to recoup costs is via advertising then that's an unfortunate sad state of the industry.

Do you honestly think GS is just holding back the option to screw with you? Do you think they don't want to get it done too? Sorry that this affects you and others and that you feel the need to complain about it every 5 seconds but it's been noted and they do understand and will get it done. If it was that easy or there more resources I'm sure it be done by now.

Now just to be balanced my complaint to GS extends to adding things that then get no real follow through. Like featured games - has this been updated since launch? (Maybe the game I submitted months ago wasn't good enough?), the market place being a pain or up to date documentation.

I too am waiting for some fixes so I can release updated games and it mostly depends on the features in the nightlies. So I'm waiting as well but that was my decision. Meanwhile I do my part, report the bugs and keep learning the software and work on making better games.

Best of luck with yours.
    I am just chilling and waiting to see the wisdom from @CodeWizard‌ this week... I am sure he will make everything more clear... 8->