Release Candidate 0.11.1.2 is available!

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Release Candidate 0.11.1.2

Fixes:

• Another attempted fix for issues with iOS In-App Purchases that would cause apps to fail submission to Apple. Please re-publish your apps with this Release Candidate and let us know of any issues.
  • Fixed angle attributes only accepting whole numbers. Now accepts 0 through 359.999 like before.

Known Issues:

• Aspect picker for Android does not scale well with devices that have large displays
  • The Release Candidate version of Creator will not open if your GateKeeper settings are set to "Mac App Store" or "Mac App Store and identified developers"
  • The iOS Viewer will sometimes fail to display behaviors properly after the first time previewing a project. This can be worked around by hitting the Home button on the device.
  • iPhone apps running on iPad devices with OS 7.1 or greater will show the iOS status bar across the top of the screen. This is a bug on Apple's side. The current workaround is to make a Universal build instead.

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums and support tickets for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates"

Comments

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

Thanks @BlackCloakGS‌

What did you try differently for the in-app purchase issue?

FYI, I'm now in dialogue with an Apple support technician after I persisted with my request for help. His name is Rich who says he's working on this problem for us so you may be talking to him as well?

I've just sent him my binary, added his devices to my provisioning profile etc. etc.

I'll PM you if I need help with any questions/keep you informed of progress.

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@darrelf Nice. Yea Rich is the same guy we are working with. I sent him over the same stuffs so hopefully we can get this all sorted out :D

• wrhmediawrhmedia Member Posts: 70

Great! I will republish and see what happens...

@FallacyStudios said:
    darrelf Nice. Yea Rich is the same guy we are working with. I sent him over the same stuffs so hopefully we can get this all sorted out :D

Awesome @FallacyStudios‌ Hopefully between us all, we'll get back to earning from those in-apps real soon B)

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited May 2014

I put in better error messages for network issues with IAP and no longer retry if the network is down.

• joeltellingjoeltelling Member, PRO Posts: 41

I'll get my game published tonight and let you know the result. VERY curious as to what Rich @ Apple finds out. As always, I'll keep you guys updated.

Who is that guy with an app setup for expedited? Should get him to do another submission real quick and we can find out within a day or so if this works.

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

I was just rejected with 0.11.0.0 I rebuilt with 0.11.1.2 and just now resubmitted... after another 6 days I'll post back here. :neutral_face:

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@clee2005 same here just now resubmitted..with 0.11.1.2 after another 6 days I'll post back here. :\

I have my app set to expedited and will be submitting once we get home from my son's tball game :)

We are back from tball!

I removed ALL versions of creator from my Macbook, then I installed the 11.1.2 RC.

I'll keep you guys posted in the official IAP thread.

• miskomisko Member, PRO Posts: 17

hello guys my app is (in review) buil with 11.1.2 RC, I have also expedited review, I'll post back here the result today!!

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159
    edited May 2014

Guys I'm still waiting. My app is still in review, but I think I will have the result in few hours.

• GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197

Glad to see fixes coming out steadily. Can't wait until you all get around to putting in some banner ad options in Android/Amazon. Maybe even some video ad services down the line?

@BlackCloakGS‌

Again Rejected with 11.1.2 RC, here the details of error:

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1 and iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we still found that your In-App Purchase products do not download successfully.

The steps to reproduce are:
    1. Tap on any available In-App Purchase products
    2. Sign into iTunes and tap 'Buy'
    3. Loading dial appears for around two to three minutes
    4. A message prompts that purchase has timed out (see screenshot)

For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:

• complete details of your rejection issue(s)
    • screenshots
    • steps to reproduce the issue(s)
    • symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log.

300$ for 12 months is not bad, but now the 12 becoming 11...

edited May 2014

@misko That error means that we could not contact Apple's servers to verify the purchase. The method we use to valid a purchase requires a network connection. The device could not contact apple's receipt verification servers to verify the purchase. You need to ask apple why did they reject you. The purchase could not be completed do to a network time out as the error message states. To me this is not a bug.

@BlackCloakGS‌

Ok I try to contact Apple, I know that is not easy with Apple...

@FallacyStudios can you message misko how you contacted Apple

@BlackCloakGS‌ Does the engine do this?

If validation fails with the error code “Sandbox receipt used in production”, validate against the test environment instead.

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/StoreKitGuide/Chapters/AppReview.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008267-CH10-SW4

Apple are rejecting because the App Review team are installing our distribution binaries in their TEST environment.

• mobiazzammobiazzam Member, PRO Posts: 50

Great. My apps is accepted!
    Still waiting for AdMob.

@darrelf yes we do this "When validating receipts on your server, your server needs to be able to handle a production-signed app getting its receipts from Apple’s test environment. The recommended approach is for your production server to always validate receipts against the production App Store first. If validation fails with the error code “Sandbox receipt used in production”, validate against the test environment instead."

@BlackCloakGS said:
    darrelf yes we do this "When validating receipts on your server, your server needs to be able to handle a production-signed app getting its receipts from Apple’s test environment. The recommended approach is for your production server to always validate receipts against the production App Store first. If validation fails with the error code “Sandbox receipt used in production”, validate against the test environment instead."

@BlackCloakGS Ok cool.

Let me know if you want me to ask Rich anything.

Also your own apps that passed review - did they include NEW in-app purchases?
    If not, perhaps create a few new ones if possible - that way, I bet you'll get rejected and then have direct dialogue.

I just wanted to inform you all guys that tecnical support send me this message...

A Technical Support Incident (TSI) will be debited from your developer account for this inquiry. If it is determined that your question cannot be supported by DTS, the TSI will be credited back to your developer account. Additional Technical Support Incidents are available for purchase in either a 2-Pack for $99 USD or 5-Pack for $249 USD. You must be enrolled in or a team member of an iOS, Mac or Safari Developer Program to purchase Technical Support Incidents.

@BlackCloakGS Sure thing.

@darrelf Sent you a message that you should consider CC'ing in @BlackCloakGS in your email with Rich to help get it taken care of.

Thanks to @FallacyStudios, I also tryed to contact Rich from Apple. I will add @BlackCloakGS‌ in CC. I hope we can publish our games soon!

I got noticed from Apple saying my app would require more review time. Never seen that before.

Maybe I'll need to contact Rich as well?

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307

@joeltelling said:
    I got noticed from Apple saying my app would require more review time. Never seen that before.

Maybe I'll need to contact Rich as well?

Ermmm. Or maybe just give them more review time?...

• actordudeactordude Member Posts: 27

this is the error I get using the Stable mac build , have re-subbed with the rc version

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we were not able to complete the In-App Purchase due to the bug.

The steps to reproduce are:

1. Launch the app.
    2. Go to In-App Purchase.
    3. Enter Apple ID and password.
    4. Wait for Purchase Successful verification.
    5. IAP keeps on loading until the screen blacks out.
    6. Force quit and relaunch the app again.
    7. Asked to enter password for Apple ID upon relaunch with black screen background.
    8. Enter the password.
    9. App is still displayed in black screen.

Works fine in SANDBOX