Release Candidate 0.11.1.2 is available!

Comments

• nikkonnikkon Member, PRO Posts: 111
    edited May 2014

Just noticed you cant put spaces in the expression editor anymore.. Makes it hard to write a twitter message :)

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@nikkon you never could but you can if you use a \32 or Option+Space. You can only use space if you type in the box and don't open the expression editor.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited May 2014

I'm staying far away from these arguments..LMAO I've been using GS for over three years and I'm still here loving it! :D

• ogagogag Member Posts: 37

@colander said:
    madhanlab didn't you realise you were buying a subscription to a beta product? At the first monthly meet up in March I asked them when they plan to be out of beta. After they stopped laughing "That old one!" they said they were a long way from it and no time frame was mentioned.

You can expect more of this as new beta releases come out. Some of them go pretty smoothly then there are the bad ones like images (Still ongoing for some) and this one with IAP. You've just got to roll with it and try and help them fix it.

But there is nothing wrong with asking for stuff like "Importing images from a server" man I'd love em if they gave us that one :). Oh and variable font size at runtime but I've been told that one is not possible :(.

They are charging people to be beta testers. :'(

It's sad it reminds me of stem cell patients where the fools pay for being a guinea pig.

Why am I reading these now when I have invested a lot of time learning GS! :'(

I think it's all good I haven't fell for the PRO subscription just yet. And at least I've learned a lot all the while using it.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@mariolouis said:
    They are charging people to be beta testers. :'(

Yes if someone doesn't pay you wouldn't have a free version to use and GS wouldn't exist.

@mariolouis said:
    It's sad it reminds me of stem cell patients where the fools pay for being a guinea pig.

Again things are not free someone has to pay. Maybe they thought taking a shot at cure was better than what they had or dying.

@mariolouis said:
    Why am I reading these now when I have invested a lot of time learning GS! :'(

Because you didn't investigate it before you spent a lot of time learning GS.

@mariolouis said:
    I think it's all good I haven't fell for the PRO subscription just yet. And at least I've learned a lot all the while using it.

Yes because others are paying so you get to use it for free for as long as you want. Just like they paid for me while I decided if it was worth it. I think that is a fantastic deal.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Quick update on IAP issue. We have sent some more games with more logging to Apple we are still waiting to hear back. We still can not reproduce the issue with our internal QA team.

• nikkonnikkon Member, PRO Posts: 111

@colander said:
    nikkon you never could but you can if you use a \32 or Option+Space. You can only use space if you type in the box and don't open the expression editor.

ah i must have always used the non open expression editor before and only come across this coz i wanted to add variable into tweet now :)

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    edited May 2014

Argh... .so here is the follow up to my earlier post in this thread... it's not good.

2.2: Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on an iPad running iOS 7.1.1 and an iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we found that your In App Purchases could not be completed. When the user taps on 'Buy' to complete the In App Purchase, the screen loads indefinitely.

I used this build very shortly after it was posted. I just retested with iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S both with 7.1.1 and both worked as expected. Is there any other information that would help @BlackCloakGS‌ ?

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@BlackCloakGS is there any apps in expedited review ? or we have to wait one more week for the results with out IAP for Apple also.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Had the same rejection today also:

We found that your In-App Purchase product/s exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we found that your In-App Purchase products do not download successfully.

The steps to reproduce are:
    1. Open app and tap on 'Store'
    2. Tap any available In-App Purchase products
    3. Sign into iTunes
    4. App prompts an error message shown in the attached screenshot

Hopefully there is some resolution to this in the upcoming days! I guess I'll join the waiting queue to see this problem fixed :o

• LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890

Hey guys, did you fix the Playhaven issue?
    I submitted a ticket like a week ago but haven't heard anything yet.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2014

@mariolois I agree with colander that someone has to pay and $300 a year is cheap for a useful business tool, even in beta.

A subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud will cost you $600 per year so you can build fantastic apps and all sorts of things...but look at the learning curve! I have used their software since the early 90s and paid thousands in upgrades to " full versions" often replete with bugs they never fix until the next paid upgrade. Support amounts to go watch a few training videos, look up the online manuals, join an external user group or pay Linda.com or MacPro Video for proper training. That's the nature of this industry.

Maybe GS should put the fees UP, stop supporting and helping non-paying members and hire more talent to help this hard working team that are now on track and getting things done!

What are some of you willing to pay? I'd pay $100/month or $1000 upfront p.a. to GS make faster progress and focus on paying customers.

• ogagogag Member Posts: 37

Sorry for off-topic

@PhilipCC‌
    I believe that was the business model GS had and it almost went bankrupt as I have read. Until they went for $300/year PRO with limitations and FREE with more limitations. It's hard to use a business tool that limits you to make business with this bug. I hope it gets fixed soon.

@colander‌
    Yes I suppose you are right. It's just sad.

• joeltellingjoeltelling Member, PRO Posts: 41

@BlackCloakGS‌ thanks for the update man. the fact that you cannot reproduce it in-house, and that I cannot reproduce it via ad-hoc is completely Apple's fault. Thankfully you've been in touch with them. Cannot wait to hear back.

Could you please share with me (or us) with how you implemented IAP in the two games you submitted that were approved for the App Store? I know with my game, I think I did it right, but obviously, you never know. It would be beneficial to me.

@joeltelling said:
    Could you please share with me (or us) with how you implemented IAP in the two games you submitted that were approved for the App Store? I know with my game, I think I did it right, but obviously, you never know. It would be beneficial to me.

GS has our projects so they can take a look and compare to what they successfully submitted and perhaps determine a solution/workaround that way... must be something subtle... I've used this exact code before (took it directly from a production game), and it works via AdHoc.

• DOREYGAMESDOREYGAMES Member, PRO Posts: 24
    edited May 2014

So now after waiting nearly two weeks for a review, I get the black screen on launch and the itunes sign in box appears rejection again.... This is the 5th time i've uploaded now due to new versions that apparently fixed the iap issues.... When will we get a actual working version? zZZ

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339

@DOREYGAMES said:
    When will we get a actual working version? zZZ

As soon as they know what's causing the issue. Not sure what's not clear here. If they knew what was causing the issue it would be fixed wouldn't it? Hence Apple tech support involvement in trying to solve it.

• Spalding004Spalding004 Member, BASIC Posts: 89

What was the latest version where IAPs worked for certain? I am willing to sacrifice a few features for a non-rejection.

• Yovanny369Yovanny369 Member Posts: 105

i went thru my heavy update (iAp Revmob Leaderboards) with no problems!...lucky day maybe!

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@Yovanny369 said:
    i went thru my heavy update (iAp Revmob Leaderboards) with no problems!...lucky day maybe!

can you share your game? and which release did you use?

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

@Yovanny369 can u please tell us which version of GameSalad you used...for IAP

• Yovanny369Yovanny369 Member Posts: 105

i am using the RC 0.11.1.0

Apple notification:
    The status for the following app has changed to Pending Developer Release.

App Name: Blocky!
    App Version Number: 1.1.1

Link for the game https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blocky!/id849855004?l=es&ls=1&mt=8

• DaveinpublicDaveinpublic Member Posts: 37

@SingleSparq said:
    As soon as they know what's causing the issue. Not sure what's not clear here. If they knew what was causing the issue it would be fixed wouldn't it? Hence Apple tech support involvement in trying to solve it.

I think he was making a rhetorical question. So, he was expressing frustration at that big bug in the program.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited May 2014

My app rejected again again again.One month has passed and still Iap is broken.

Reasons

2.2: Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1 and iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, tapping on any In App Purchase results in an error message. Please see the attached screenshots for details.

For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:

• complete details of your rejection issue(s)
    • screenshots
    • steps to reproduce the issue(s)
    • symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow as described in https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1764/Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce a crash or bug that only App Review or users are seeing.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

@CodeWizard‌ @BlackCloakGS @ForumNinja From 1 and half month ( 45 days )Another week passing no updates no fixes for IAP rejections from Apple :(

@BlackCloakGS‌ can you post the sample apps that you were able to get approved by Apple? Perhaps the desperate among us will be able to find some kind of workaround... the more eyes the better right?

• RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Quick update on IAP issue. We have sent some more games with more logging to Apple we are still waiting to hear back. We still can not reproduce the issue with our internal QA team.

Not sure if this is beneficial in anyway but my most recent app update was rejected due to IAP but the previous update and original submission were approved. The only change I made was switching from consumable to non-consumable. The rules for the most part were unchanged. I just re-submitted and disabled IAP all together - not super critical for my app.

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

On the next update you guys should consider adding tableRowSum and a faster and more simple method to determine booleans in tables. You already have tableColSum so should be a quick add.

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212
    edited May 2014

Hi, my App has been rejected for 2.2 inApp issue again...

Apple Reply:
    Specifically, we were not able to purchase IAP due to an error. When clicking on unlock items we enter the password for the Apple ID and the gear just spins with nothing loading. The loading gear will spin and then in-app purchase error will occur, tested on multiple devices with issue persisting.