Release Candidate 0.11.1.2 is available!

Comments

• JinHoShinJinHoShin Member, PRO Posts: 20
    edited May 2014

@actordude said:
    this is the error I get using the Stable mac build , have re-subbed with the rc version

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we were not able to complete the In-App Purchase due to the bug.

The steps to reproduce are:

1. Launch the app.
    2. Go to In-App Purchase.
    3. Enter Apple ID and password.
    4. Wait for Purchase Successful verification.
    5. IAP keeps on loading until the screen blacks out.
    6. Force quit and relaunch the app again.
    7. Asked to enter password for Apple ID upon relaunch with black screen background.
    8. Enter the password.
    9. App is still displayed in black screen.

Works fine in SANDBOX

The file size is a wonder.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/68781/rc-0-11-1-2-iap-rejected#latest

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

Only 3 more months to my pro license... whole year gone with...no monetization... no... IAP...no use of going for pro....very bad...lost $299 :(

• williamt2706williamt2706 Member, PRO Posts: 85

@JinHoShin

My app size less than 10mb, and still get rejected for IAP error

• JinHoShinJinHoShin Member, PRO Posts: 20

@williamt2706 said:
    JinHoShin

My app size less than 10mb, and still get rejected for IAP error

Have you ever ... IAP progress through the "Pause Game" function?

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    edited May 2014

@madhanlab didn't you realise you were buying a subscription to a beta product? At the first monthly meet up in March I asked them when they plan to be out of beta. After they stopped laughing "That old one!" they said they were a long way from it and no time frame was mentioned.

You can expect more of this as new beta releases come out. Some of them go pretty smoothly then there are the bad ones like images (Still ongoing for some) and this one with IAP. You've just got to roll with it and try and help them fix it.

But there is nothing wrong with asking for stuff like "Importing images from a server" man I'd love em if they gave us that one :). Oh and variable font size at runtime but I've been told that one is not possible :(.

• FuzzBuzzFuzzBuzz Member, PRO Posts: 119

@JinHoShin said:
    Have you ever ... IAP progress through the "Pause Game" function?

I process through the pause function for my IAP and never had a problem. That is until the BIG IAP problem... hahaha

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@joeltelling said:
    I got noticed from Apple saying my app would require more review time. Never seen that before.

Maybe I'll need to contact Rich as well?

yea give it time, i've gotten that a bunch of times over the years

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@madhanlab said:
    Only 3 more months to my pro license... whole year gone with...no monetization... no... IAP...no use of going for pro....very bad...lost $299 :(

we got revmob and chartboost and iAP for Amazon all in the past few releases. Pro also gives you access to the Amazon/Nook/Google Play/Windows8 and Tizen stores, and custom URL, and custom network actions, and custom splash screen, and no ads. Pro has a lot of benefit besides allowing you to make freemium games.

• joeltellingjoeltelling Member, PRO Posts: 41
    edited May 2014

@BlackCloakGS‌ and all - my app was rejected. I just got a call from Apple to let me know that the IAP is not working in my app. The behavior is exactly the same as it's been in all the other rejections:

• upon launch, and iTunes login box is shown.
    • once IAP is accessed, spinner spins for a long time, and then errors out saying the in-app purchase cannot be completed.

This was with 11.1.2

:(

edit: here are the words from Apple:

Specifically, it seems we were able to purchase the In App Purchase, but unable to successfully access it. We tested on multiple devices again and the same error occurred. We also noticed that sign in to iTunes notification pops up after launching the app.

The steps to reproduce are:

1) Launch app
    2) Tap In App Purchase
    3) Notification saying we have already purchased it appears and if we would like to get it for free
    4) Tap Ok
    5) Loading icon appears and begins to load

6) After about thirty seconds a notification appears saying "In-App Purchase Error The request time out. Please try again later"

• ChechesoftChechesoft Member, PRO Posts: 171

@jonmulcahy said:
    Yes, but many bought pro subscription just for a specific promised functionality, as IAPs... If somebody sells you something, even as beta, you assume it at least have the functionality promised...

@Chechesoft I disagree totally, found this explanation which says it all.

beta

/bay't/, /be't/ or (Commonwealth) /bee't*/ n.
    1. Mostly working, but still under test; usu. used with in':in beta'. In the Real World, systems (hardware or software) software often go through two stages of release testing: Alpha (in-house) and Beta (out-house?). Beta releases are generally made to a group of lucky (or unlucky) trusted customers.
    2. Anything that is new and experimental. "His girlfriend is in beta" means that he is still testing for compatibility and reserving judgment.
    3. Flaky; dubious; suspect (since beta software is notoriously buggy).

Historical note: More formally, to beta-test is to test a pre-release (potentially unreliable) version of a piece of software by making it available to selected (or self-selected) customers and users. This term derives from early 1960s terminology for product cycle checkpoints, first used at IBM but later standard throughout the industry. Alpha Test' was the unit, module, or component test phase;Beta Test' was initial system test. These themselves came from earlier A- and B-tests for hardware. The A-test was a feasibility and manufacturability evaluation done before any commitment to design and development. The B-test was a demonstration that the engineering model functioned as specified. The C-test (corresponding to today's beta) was the B-test performed on early samples of the production design, and the D test was the C test repeated after the model had been in production a while.

My app is rejected again with new build...please don't release any new one ,revert back to iap working version .10.

@colander said:
    Chechesoft I disagree totally, found this explanation which says it all.

beta

/bay't/, /be't/ or (Commonwealth) /bee't*/ n.
    1. Mostly working, but still under test; usu. used with in':in beta'. In the Real World, systems (hardware or software) software often go through two stages of release testing: Alpha (in-house) and Beta (out-house?). Beta releases are generally made to a group of lucky (or unlucky) trusted customers.
    2. Anything that is new and experimental. "His girlfriend is in beta" means that he is still testing for compatibility and reserving judgment.
    3. Flaky; dubious; suspect (since beta software is notoriously buggy).

Historical note: More formally, to beta-test is to test a pre-release (potentially unreliable) version of a piece of software by making it available to selected (or self-selected) customers and users. This term derives from early 1960s terminology for product cycle checkpoints, first used at IBM but later standard throughout the industry. Alpha Test' was the unit, module, or component test phase;Beta Test' was initial system test. These themselves came from earlier A- and B-tests for hardware. The A-test was a feasibility and manufacturability evaluation done before any commitment to design and development. The B-test was a demonstration that the engineering model functioned as specified. The C-test (corresponding to today's beta) was the B-test performed on early samples of the production design, and the D test was the C test repeated after the model had been in production a while.

We all know what beta means... But take a look at this page: http://gamesalad.com/creator/pricing
    They are selling a "Game Salad Pro" (no mention about the "Beta" status there by the way) with lots of features, and you expect them to be "mostly working" not "not working at all". It is not the same. So, by your logic and (exaggerating just for making my point), if you buy a subscription for game salad for $300 and the twitter feature is the only of the promised features that works you would accepted it, just because is Beta? Really?
    You think Apple could not be sued if Siri didn't work at all for anyone even if marketed as Beta?
    There is a difference between a buggy feature in a Beta (accepted) and a totally non working feature.

I love GameSalad, but right now some of us are specially frustrated for the rejection of some of our apps, lets us rant a little...

@Chechesoft well said...if it is not working for one or two weeks...ok to go...i love GameSalad too...because this software makes my dreams true without programming knowledge.. but what the use if it is not working from months...only way to get good money is through IAP.(most top grossing apps are free with IAP)...if IAP for Apple taking months to fix means.. think about Android IAP ...it may take couple of years to come to hand(i mean proper working version).

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

@colander‌, @madhanlab‌, & @Chechesoft‌,

I guess you guys haven't been around in the development world much and have looked at other engines such as UDK, Corona, GM, Unity, etc. (Just to name a few) They will say beta. This is because it will never be the final product and there are always going to be new stuff added to improve it. I can understand the frustration with something not working in a new build that worked in a previous build but there are a billion reasons why it wouldn't. This one bug, (yes is a big one) just came about and as you all can see the GS team is working hard to get to the bottom of it. You need to understand that when using an engine there are going to be things that come up and don't work right. You need to understand these things. I'm sorry to go on this little rant but get tired of hearing people complaining. If the GS team wasn't working hard to improve the engine and solve the bugs then I would understand but try putting yourself in their shoes.

Also, want to point out the the companies such as Apple and Android are always changing guidelines and rules so something that was allowed or worked before may not be now. Just some food for thought for you guys and anyone else that reads this with the same attitude. Hope you understand where I am coming from.

@KillerPenguinStudios said:
    colander‌, madhanlab‌, & Chechesoft‌,

I guess you guys haven't been around in the development world much and have looked at other engines such as UDK, Corona, GM, Unity, etc. (Just to name a few) They will say beta. This is because it will never be the final product and there are always going to be new stuff added to improve it. I can understand the frustration with something not working in a new build that worked in a previous build but there are a billion reasons why it wouldn't. This one bug, (yes is a big one) just came about and as you all can see the GS team is working hard to get to the bottom of it. You need to understand that when using an engine there are going to be things that come up and don't work right. You need to understand these things. I'm sorry to go on this little rant but get tired of hearing people complaining. If the GS team wasn't working hard to improve the engine and solve the bugs then I would understand but try putting yourself in their shoes.

Also, want to point out the the companies such as Apple and Android are always changing guidelines and rules so something that was allowed or worked before may not be now. Just some food for thought for you guys and anyone else that reads this with the same attitude. Hope you understand where I am coming from.

-I been around for more than 14 years in the development world.

-This bug din't just came around, it was in the previous version too, and supposed to be fixed (seems they didn't confirmed themselves publishing a real app in the app store...)

-If you BUY a beta software, you can be sure that for the price you payed, sometime in the future, sooner or later, you'll have a fully functional software. But Gamesalad use the "annual subscription" so you could end not receiving what promised if they don't resolve the issues before your subscription ends. A more fair practice would be SELLING game salad "beta", for say $500-600, and not charging you for updating to version 1.00, that would be a nice way to treat early adopters for their support and trust.

-I know what I have payed for, I know Gamesalad have used game salad for some time now, among other similar tools, I really like it when it works. But from time to time this kind of things make me question if Gamesalad Beta really deserve the $300.

edited May 2014

@Killerpenguinstudios yes i know they are working hard to fix.. but they are not giving priority to important things...who need tizen...binzen...if it is not working, at first point...android iap is important but no iap for android, people download app and then forgot... if you don't have push notification (app boy integration coming soon from long time)..no facebook integration... instead of spending time on tizen....it is better if they spend time on these things at least for apple platform..GameSalad with multi platform Support but no platform is suppored.fully at least..75% then what the use...?

@Chechesoft said:

Absolutely it's worth $300 to me I couldn't have made an app without it. You seem to be suggesting people jumped straight in (On the strength of this page http://gamesalad.com/creator/pricing ) and bought Pro. That they didn't use the free version for awhile, never knew it was beta and never had any idea it was buggy and there would be problems even big ones? The forums are littered with complaints and some have been going on for years. Knowing all that I still bought it and I will never complain about the price. By the time I bought it I knew exactly what I was handing out my cash for. Hell the damn thing used to crash every hour.

Come on you can't blame GS, I and everyone who buys it know it's buggy and some things will take awhile to fix and some a long time to fix. For $300 I wanted to give it a try and If I am not happy at the end of my subscription (It has been extended 7 mts tx GS for the Amazon & Tizen promos) I will leave.

At the end of last year and the beginning of this year I waited for three months for GS to fix a problem before I could publish one of my apps to Tizen and it looked like I was going to miss out on the promo. I got lucky they fixed it but it never bothered me I just thought tough that's how beta software rolls.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to hold their feet to the fire, I'll defend anyones right to do that. But how can anyone complain about the cost when even a cursory investigation would give them a heads up. If someone jumped straight in and bought Pro without trialling it and finding out what they were paying for then bad luck. Call it a cheap lesson, they might do their due diligence next time.

There are legitimate things to complain about that can't be pegged to buyer stupidity like how tardy GS can be at following up bug reports and support requests. I have an issue I have been trying to get sorted #4777 and #5176. Both reports are the same issue I got a reply to the first one but no reply to my response so I opened the another ticket on the 8th and haven't heard from them at all. I have waited for long periods with no response until I do something like mention it in a thread about three times each time getting a little more strident and then they will respond, isn't that so GS :). The long promised bug data base and feature voting system is another one I like to mention from time to time.

If you don't like what they have on the Pricing Page tell them and bang on about it in the Forums that's a legitimate complaint. But please people no more about the cost it just makes you look like a fool for buying it.

@Colander i am not talking abou price.. i am talking about priorities... instead of spending time on tizen...better to spend on Android IAP ,push notification,facebook integratiom...etc...which are in road map for longer time....

• miskomisko Member, PRO Posts: 17

I understand you all guys, I'm also locked in this position... But now we can just try to help GS Team to correct this bug. I have just send my app to Rich a guy from Apple Developer Technical Support, If I have news I post back here!

Good morning to all...Today I am a little less cranky... :smile:

@Chechesoft said:
    Good morning to all...Today I am a little less cranky... :smile:

lol and I promise I won't rant today :)

Hoping for IAP fixed stable version this week ...

• The Boss Gamer 385The Boss Gamer 385 Member Posts: 5

You guys are all pros. I bet you need pro to create in-app purchases for iOS. Does a GameSalad account come with Android in-app purchases? If so then my parents (who use Android phones) will owe me a million bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@The Boss Gamer 385‌ Yes, Gamesalad Pro accounts are needed for iOS in-app purchases. I know the folks at GS are working hard to get Android in-app purchases working for a near future version, though I'm not sure how long from now that'll be. That said, I'm willing to bet you'll need a GS Pro account to use Android in-app purchases, just like with iOS.

@Joeltelling what happend to ur app iap issue fixed..or not ?

Any updates on Apple Rejection In-App Purchase ?

@madhanlab‌ I submitted with 11.1.2 and was rejected. The rejection was because of the same reasons as before with the previous RC creator builds that were hopefully going to fix the issue, or at least get us more info.

Currently, I didn't see a need to submit with a build using 11.1.2 again, so this weekend was more of a holding pattern. I know @BlackCloakGS‌ is talking to a Rich with Apple and hopefully that sheds some light onto the situation.

Hopefully this week is the week a fix is found, and Gamesalad publishes an RC that works with IAP, and then my app is accepted and published, and I can celebrate :)

@joeltelling me too :)

• nikkonnikkon Member, PRO Posts: 111
    edited May 2014

oops had wrong version :P