Introducing Graphene SDK...

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited February 2015

@dingosmoov If you signed up, then you just need to wait until the start of the Beta testing period is announced.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

Hello,

I may have missed it if already answered, so please direct me to the proper post if applicable, but here it goes anyway. Has the GS team decided on the following:

1. Graphene Pro pricing
    2. Concessions or pricing to existing Gamesalad Pro users.

In regards to #2, for example:

• If I go Pro today, would it be solely for Gamesalad, or would it extend to Graphene upon its release?
    • If I was already a Pro, say, four months ago, would it be solely for Gamesalad, or would it extend to Graphene upon its release if my Gamesalad subscription were still active?
    • Will Pro subscriptions be separate for each product, or extensible to both?
    • If Pro subscriptions are separate for each product, would there be a "bundle" or discount for going Pro on both platforms?

Thanks much, regards. Can't wait to see the finished product!

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483
    edited February 2015

@tatiang Even my Gamesalad pro is expiring by march...i want to know ...the price and details about Graphene...and i am not able to spend money on both Graphene and Gamesalad ...so i have to choose one...please let us know as early as possible...

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

I'm certain Graphene will not be available for sale in March.

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

They need to release details about the product before pricing...or at the same time. We probabky wont even know that prior to actual beta release. However...since GS is a forever beta product you may have to pay to even test their software for them. We can only speculate at this point due to lack if a screenshot to see and a few details...it makes games.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@NimbleBug said:
    tatiang Even my Gamesalad pro is expiring by march...i want to know ...the price and details about Graphene...and i am not able to spend money on both Graphene and Gamesalad ...so i have to choose one...please let us know as early as possible...

@NimbleBug, I'm just a volunteer moderator on the forums, not an employee of GameSalad. I don't know the answer to that but stay tuned as I'm sure the GS Staff will post details when they have that all determined.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang ok thank u :)

@CodeWizard My Gamesalad pro is expiring by march...i want to know ...the price and details about Graphene...and i am not able to spend money on both Graphene and Gamesalad ...so i have to choose one...please let us know as early as possible...

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730

@NimbleBug they will let us know when they can. Graphene is no where near ready for public consumption. It is a greater chance (than a March release) that hell freezes to ice and that a time machine then gets invented allowing you to visit that cold place and greet the Devil. Maybe March 2016. Bugging the GS team more about this at this point is just pointless.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@JSproject said:
    Graphene is no where near ready for public consumption. It is a greater chance (than a March release) that hell freezes to ice and that a time machine then gets invented allowing you to visit that cold place and greet the Devil. Maybe March 2016.

Seems a bit extreme. Why would they announce a product (give name, details, pictures) which people wouldn't get their hands on for another year and a half? That doesn't make sense. I agree that Graphene probably won't be released 'soon,' but I don't think (and certainly hope not) it'll be that far off. They are already prepping for beta testers.

Got to keep our hopes up. :)

@Braydon_SFX You can predict the future by looking at the past, anyways time will tell :)

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

@JSproject said:
    Braydon_SFX You can predict the future by looking at the past, anyways time will tell :)

You mean Beta forever? ;)

@Dues said:
    You mean Beta forever? ;)

hehe, maybe that too ;)

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Anyways..Im really looking forward to more info on this! :)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited February 2015

@mhedges and @NimbleBug and @ anyone else who does not follow the Forum daily or at least weekly...

If you read the 16 pages of this thread you will know as much about Graphene and its release as there is to be known.

Even the GS team don't have any specific dates or pricing policy details at this point in time. A separate team is working on Graphene.

At the last two Meetups it was made clear that many preliminary decisions about the software are yet to be made but Graphene will have all the features of GameSalad plus more. Check the replays for details and why not attend online once and a while if you want stay up to date with developments?

If you are an professional developer and want to keep building games using Pro features keep renewing your membership or you may be in for a long wait on the sidelines.

If you are a hobbyist or part-timer... you decide if you can afford it!

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    edited February 2015

Hmmm. So I wonder if Graphene "will have all the features of the Creator and more"...what would be the need for the Creator?

It would seem silly to continue putting resources in it.

Its just my thoughts but...I can invision the Creator having all Pro features removed and become the non pro version...and Graphene becoming the Pro version with all the perks or just dropping the Creator after Graphene is no longer beta...

;)

• MarcMySaladMarcMySalad Member Posts: 158
    edited February 2015

Chill people and don't be so naive thinking Graphene will be the golden goose and the solution to everything. The GS creator will live for a long time for several reasons, no need to be a brain surgeon to figure that out.

• wcsd9739wcsd9739 Member Posts: 37

@Thunder_Child said:
    Hmmm. So I wonder if Graphene "will have all the features of the Creator and more"...what would be the need for the Creator?

This isn't the first time that has been asked. While a valid question and the point might end up true, my guess is that it will end up like Photoshop is to MS Paint... while Photoshop has many more features, that doesn't make it easier. The gap between Graphene & GS probably won't be quite as big, but Graphene will still be more advanced.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@MarcMySalad said:
    Chill people and don't be so naive thinking Graphene will be the golden goose and the solution to everything. The GS creator will live for a long time for several reasons, no need to be a brain surgeon to figure that out.

I agree... and what's more GS staff have already said that several times in these threads and in the Meetups, but few here seem to have noticed.

I just want a stable version that we can use to re-submit 32 bit apps, as well as submit new 64 bit apps, both with iAds and IAPs that work!

Please...!

• ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410

I have loved Gamesalad for years mainly because of the great community but I am disapointed. Sorry, but this is Kind of old school marketing. The queue for Beta, and then the ability to ascend the queue is a bit spooky(desperate?). Why the restriction on being a tester?
    Compare it to Swift. Good or bad, people can see within weeks and shape the product.

It looks like Graphene was announced too early. I hope it doesn't have an Elop effect.

• safransafran Member Posts: 32

Judging from the slow the progress of gscreator,we maybe have to wait up to a year for the beta, that will be updated every 6 months.

So IMHO, we should be patient or invest somewhere else.

• ycanycan Member, PRO Posts: 207

Hi @CodeWizard, I wonder does Grapheme SDK allow us create just iOS, Android Games or can we create Facebook Games as HTML5 ?

Think about it, we'll create a game and publish it on iOS, Android, Facebook, Windows Phone and start make REAL money.

If this can be possible, I am going to cry.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

@Valan said:
    I have loved Gamesalad for years mainly because of the great community but I am disapointed. Sorry, but this is Kind of old school marketing. The queue for Beta, and then the ability to ascend the queue is a bit spooky(desperate?). Why the restriction on being a tester?
    Compare it to Swift. Good or bad, people can see within weeks and shape the product.

It looks like Graphene was announced too early. I hope it doesn't have an Elop effect.

Perhaps the queue is an olive branch or favor to GS users ??

Apple has queues for the latest iphone.
    Doesn't seem desperate at all.

Marketing??

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@ycan said:
    Hi CodeWizard, I wonder does Grapheme SDK allow us create just iOS, Android Games or can we create Facebook Games as HTML5 ?

Think about it, we'll create a game and publish it on iOS, Android, Facebook, Windows Phone and start make REAL money.

If you are not making real money now with what is available then its most likely not the tool my friend. Graphene sounds great and all, but it will not just magically create a great hit game. A mediocre game will be a mediocre game regardless of where its uploaded to.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410

Yeah, Desperate seems to have been a bit strong.

I still question the value of being able to increase our 'priority slot'. If Graphene is as good as we hope, then we won't keep it a secret from our friends.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

I tried a new piece of kit which has the name box and build in its title. It has a stupidly OTT price tag of $2.5k however, using it is extremely smooth.

However, it falls short in so many areas and limits you to the kind of games that you can make. If Graphene has some of these neat features and ease of use combined with the flexibility of Gamesalad in terms of coding, it would be an instant sale for me.

The other piece of kit is good in terms of how it all works but is let down by lack of tutorials among other things.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• nottiffanyleenottiffanylee Member, PRO Posts: 13

@jigglybean said:
    I tried a new piece of kit which has the name box and build in its title. It has a stupidly OTT price tag of $2.5k however, using it is extremely smooth.

However, it falls short in so many areas and limits you to the kind of games that you can make. If Graphene has some of these neat features and ease of use combined with the flexibility of Gamesalad in terms of coding, it would be an instant sale for me.

The other piece of kit is good in terms of how it all works but is let down by lack of tutorials among other things.

I think I know which one you are talking about. I was checking that one out as well and was kind of bummed by how scammy that company seems.

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    edited February 2015

Graphene will do everything for everyone...

FireTV, Ouya, Pebble, Playstation, Xbox, AppleTV, AppleWatch, Android, iOS, CarPlay, Tizen, OSX, Windows, FireFox OS, Windows Phone, Blackberry and maybe even WebOS.

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    edited February 2015

@lycettebros said:
    Graphene will do everything for everyone...

FireTV, Ouya, Pebble, AppleTV, AppleWatch, Android, iOS, CarPlay, Tizen, OSX, Windows, FireFox OS, Windows Phone, Blackberry and maybe even WebOS.

I hear Graphene will give me back rubs and make toast for me in the morning too ... :smirk: I can't wait for it otherwise I will just start drinking Mexican beer ...

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@neoman said:
    I can't wait for it otherwise I will just start drinking Mexican beer ...

http://health.cvs.com/GetContent.aspx?token=f75979d3-9c7c-4b16-af56-3e122a3f19e3&chunkiid=161688

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una