FireTV app rejections or development issues? Let us (and Amazon) know here!

Comments

• imacgsimacgs Member, PRO Posts: 9

>

@jonmulcahy said:
    well my preliminary test does seem better. I was using the Kindle project type previously and they were getting this error: This game is only playable on an Amazon Kindle Fire

When I switched to the FireTV app it actually failed with this message: This game is only playable on an Amazon Fire TV.

Hopefully this means they will not test my app on phones/tablets, i imagine that all the free users publishing under this project type would see the same sort of error.

@jonmulcahy said:
    well my preliminary test does seem better. I was using the Kindle project type previously and they were getting this error: This game is only playable on an Amazon Kindle Fire

When I switched to the FireTV app it actually failed with this message: This game is only playable on an Amazon Fire TV.

Hopefully this means they will not test my app on phones/tablets, i imagine that all the free users publishing under this project type would see the same sort of error.

Publish under the fire TV platform not Kindle. After three times submitting because of the music issue, one time I forgot to recheck the device settings and I got the multiple device rejection message
    it's an iPhone 5 landscape universal set to stretch. I just went in and resubmitted as fire tv and firetv stick only and unselected all others. I then converted all the sounds I have been using as music to music and used the hibernate rules and it passed no problems

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@imacgs said:
    it's an iPhone 5 landscape universal set to stretch. I just went in and resubmitted as fire tv and firetv stick only and unselected all others. I then converted all the sounds I have been using as music to music and used the hibernate rules and it passed no problems

yea this is what I did, and all the other problems I had went away, but they came back with an actual real bug that only shows up if you:

go into a game
    exit via the menu
    go back into the game through the level select
    back to the menu
    then back to the level select screen

so it's been fun tracking that one down :)

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@KillerPenguinStudios we don't official support the firetv controller on mac. However we have put in a bug and i will fix it at a later date. If you want to test with the firetv controller i would suggest using the viewer.

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

@imacgs said:
    I s> KillerPenguinStudios said:
    I just made a custom loading page that works in all directions that is themed after amazon fire its in a circular formation.

Hey @imacgs,

A little confused. Are you referring to you making a loading page that is goes to after the app is launched? Not sure what you mean by, "themed after amazon fire its in a circular formation." Also, I have a splash screen that shows after the app is launched but you should upload a custom loading image for when the app is initially launched. If you don't have anything there it will show the game salad logo.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    KillerPenguinStudios we don't official support the firetv controller on mac. However we have put in a bug and i will fix it at a later date. If you want to test with the firetv controller i would suggest using the viewer.

Hey @BlackCloakGS,

Sry if I wasn't clear on that part. This issue was created when I was testing in the GS Viewer.

• BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374

I trying to create a simple multiplayer 2 controller Fire TV game. On my Mac while testing it works fine with two controllers. I set "Player Type" to "Multiplayer". When I side load it onto my Fire TV the app does not recognize any of the controllers including the Fire TV remote. If I go back and set "Player Type" to "Single Player" and then side load again the app recognizes both my game controller and the Fire TV remote.

Any suggestions?

Hey @BobD,

Just a thought, in the controls attributes where you map the controls did you put the mapping in both Player 1 and Player 2? Also, if you are calling the player controls directly in an actor, did you do the rules for a player 1 and rules for a player 2?

@KillerPenguinStudios said:
    Hey BobD,

Just a thought, in the controls attributes where you map the controls did you put the mapping in both Player 1 and Player 2? Also, if you are calling the player controls directly in an actor, did you do the rules for a player 1 and rules for a player 2?

I did put Key mappings in both Player 1 and in Player 2. I only used the Key mapping to control the actors.

@BobD said:
    I trying to create a simple multiplayer 2 controller Fire TV game. On my Mac while testing it works fine with two controllers. I set "Player Type" to "Multiplayer". When I side load it onto my Fire TV the app does not recognize any of the controllers including the Fire TV remote. If I go back and set "Player Type" to "Single Player" and then side load again the app recognizes both my game controller and the Fire TV remote.

Any suggestions?

BTW: I am using 2 XBox 360 wireless controllers on my Fire TV. That should not make any difference?

Anybody have luck with accessing Multiple Controllers with your app on your Fire TV?

edited March 2015

The xbox 360 wireless controller function really strangely on the fire tv. The wireless adapter will take up the 4 player slots (four gamepads) even if no controllers are connected. So the fireTV remote would be player 5.

Did you select support firetv remote in publishing?

@BlackCloakGS said:
    The xbox 360 wireless controller function really strangely on the fire tv. The wireless adapter will take up the 4 player slots (four gamepads) even if no controllers are connected.

Will that cause the problem of not recognizing controllers and Remote when "Player Type" is "Multiplayer"?

edited March 2015

Maybe if you turn on more Xbox 360 wireless controllers they should fill in player 1-4. The firetv remote would be player 5 no matter how many xbox 360 wireless controllers you had connected.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Maybe if you turn on more Xbox 360 wireless controllers they should fill in player 1-4. The firetv remote would be player 5 no matter how many xbox 360 wireless controllers you had connected.

Can't try I only have 2 XBox 360 wireless controllers.

edited March 2015

Hey @BobD,

Based off what

@BlackCloakGS said:
    The xbox 360 wireless controller function really strangely on the fire tv. The wireless adapter will take up the 4 player slots (four gamepads) even if no controllers are connected. So the fireTV remote would be player 5.

Since you only have 2 controllers you can hook up, maybe since the Fire TV Remote would be player five no matter what, if you have not tried, maybe map the buttons in player five as well. Just a thought.

edited March 2015

Also in publishing you need to make sure the at the support firetv remote is checked. Otherwise the remote with never show up as a player. Try what @KillerPenguinStudios suggested map player 5 and see if the remote shows up. Also you can print out all the names of the joysticks to see what is connected to what player ( playerX.joystick.name).

@jonmulcahy said:
    I s> KillerPenguinStudios said:
    i think i submitted a bug on this, what it's doing is taking the portrait image and then zooming in on it until it fits the width of the screen. You'll have to play around with a portrait image with your pslash screen centered on it.

Okay, awesome! I noticed that it zooms up on the image but it never filled the whole screen. It had the image zoomed up in the middle with black bars on each side. It's not a huge issue as it only shows for a second but still annoying!

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Also in publishing you need to make sure the at the support firetv remote is checked. Otherwise the remote with never show up as a player. Try what KillerPenguinStudios suggested map player 5 and see if the remote shows up. Also you can print out all the names of the joysticks to see what is connected to what player ( playerX.joystick.name).

Thank you I will give this a try tonight!!

Player 1 through 4 display Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
    Player 5 shows Amazon Fire Tv Remote

edited March 2015

ignore

edited March 2015

I just sent the fix for sounds not pausing to QA. I hope to have a build to you early next week.

submitted A Long Way Home for the who knows how many times. I was able to fix both of the real bugs they found, although it was not fun redoing the entire menu camera system!

@jonmulcahy said:
    submitted A Long Way Home for the who knows how many times. I was able to fix both of the real bugs they found, although it was not fun redoing the entire menu camera system!

Good luck Jon! I can only imagine how much of a pain this is. Keep us posted! I'm getting ready to publish 3 apps this weekend so hopefully that goes well!

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

I've got my game ready just waiting for my FireTV to start testing will arrive tomorrow so will see how it goes.

@jonmulcahy, @BobD, @GSAnimator, and anyone else with sound and music in you games. Here's a tip that may help.

In my app I had the rule that said if hibernate was true, change game audio sound and music to 0 otherwise change game audio sound and music to 1. This worked well and all until I turned sound off in my game. I have a button in my game that toggles game audio sound and music on and off.

When I pressed the button to toggle game audio sound and music to 0 (off) all would be fine until I went to a new scene. When going to a new scene it would trigger that it the app was not hibernating so would change game audio and sound to 1 (on).

I fixed it to where it basically says, if game audio music and sound are 1 and hibernate is true to change to 0 otherwise if game audio music and sound were 1 before hibernate was true then change game audio music and sound to 1.

Just wanted to share that with you guys and others!

edited March 2015

@BobD said:
    Player 1 through 4 display Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
    Player 5 shows Amazon Fire Tv Remote

FYI - Multiplayer : The same XBox 360 Wireless Controller would change Player number if you pair it multiple times. It went from being Player 1 to then Player 2 after I unplugged my Fire TV and did a pairing with the wireless connector. I did a re-pairing again and it went to Player 3. Unplugging the Fire TV and plugging it back in did not start it back to Player 1.

• cguidog@gmail.comcguidog@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 3

@dgackey said:
    Hey everyone!

Amazon has asked us to let them know if there are recurring issues that people are having with submissions, and we'd like to collate them all into one message rather than a drip feed. If you're experiencing issues with submission approvals, please share it here (with as much specific info as you can).

Known issues we're already on:

• GS games that support the remote are not being approved for the remote (instead being flagged as Controller required)
    • Issue with Audio Focus not being captured

Thanks,

Dan

• cguidog@gmail.comcguidog@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 3

Hi I submitted my app last night but amazon rejected it because gamecircle is not working, instead of taking the user to the gamecircle page, the game is showing a black square, I think this is because I am not a Pro user. My question is, Can I submit my app to amazon's app store with out the gamecircle feature?

Thank you

@cguidog@gmail.com said:
    Hi I submitted my app last night but amazon rejected it because gamecircle is not working, instead of taking the user to the gamecircle page, the game is showing a black square, I think this is because I am not a Pro user. My question is, Can I submit my app to amazon's app store with out the gamecircle feature?

Thank you

Hey @cguidog@gmail.com,

I just tested my app and pressed the game circle button and it doesn't do that. Something that comes to the top of my head, when publishing your app through GS where you set everything up (App name, version number, custom loading wheel and image, etc.) scroll to the bottom and make sure under "Service Configuration" make sure Amazon Achievements and Leaderboards are NOT checked then generate your app.

@cguidog@gmail.com said:

Thank you

you also need to make sure you went through the whole process of generating the API key and have it in the right place under services on the publishing portal