FireTV app rejections or development issues? Let us (and Amazon) know here!

1235»

Comments

• blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505

@BobD said:
    App rejected!
    1. Install and launch app
    2. Select " Instructions"
    3. Select " Continue"
    4. Play Game till you loose lives
    5. Press [Menu] button to restart the game
    Actual result : App does not respond to controller input , the app freezes and the user needs to force stop to restart the gameplay
    Expected result : App should respond to controller input and app should not freeze.

This is the same rejection they gave me! You might just need some timers on your button presses

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@BBEnk said:
    I'm getting close to submitting my first Game to FireTV but I have so many things going on in the game. My biggest issue is trying to use the A button for every thing from changing scenes to game selections but I think I finally got it all working it's been quiet the chore not to mention the current slowness of GS.

yea i had a hard time working this out, took a few iterations, but i finally got it.

• BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374
    edited March 2015

Thanks - I am using timers on my button presses. They work most of the time but not 100%.

@BobD said:
    Thanks - I am using timers on my button presses. They work most of the time but not 100%.

can you post an example rule?

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

@BobD said:

Maybe check run on completion. Just a guess

edited March 2015

@jonmulcahy said:
    can you post an example rule?

Rule
    Attribute "game.Players.Player 1.Start" = "true"

Timer
    After "1" second "x" Run to Completion

Change Scene
             Go to Scene "Initial"
             Scene Index "1"

@BobD said:

Don't have it change on a button press. Have the button press change an attribute and have that attribute change the scene and turn it off.

When game.aytribute is true
    Change game.attribute to false
    After .1 sec run to complete on
    Change scene

@jonmulcahy said:

Thank you I will give this a try

edited March 2015

@jonmulcahy said:

I made the changes and my game was rejected again with the same failure. But I finally figured out a way to make it work and Amazon passed it.

App rejected!
    1. Install and launch app
    2. Select " Instructions"
    3. Select " Continue"
    4. Play Game till you loose lives
    5. Press [Menu] button to restart the game
    Actual result : App does not respond to controller input , the app freezes and the user needs to force stop to restart the gameplay
    Expected result : App should respond to controller input and app should not freeze.

FYI - I did finally was able to get it work.

Original version: HANGS!!

1. "Main Menu" - multi select using "A"/"Select" to change screen to "Help" screen.
    2. At "Help" screen use "Menu" key to change screen to "Play Game" screen.
    3. Play until you loose life then the Game asks you to press "Menu" to replay.
    4. Pressing "Menu" will then hang the game.

Working version: NO HANGS!!

1. "Main Menu" - multi select using "A"/"Select" to change screen to my "Help" screen.
    2. At "Help" screen use "Menu" key to change screen back to "Main Menu". (Changed This!!)
    3. At "Main Menu" select "Play Game" to go to "Play Game" screen.
    4. Play until you loose life then the Game asks you to press "Menu" to replay.
    5. Pressing "Menu" will replay the game.

The coding for the handling of the button pressing is the same for both. Just changed "Help" screen to return to the "Main Menu". Where the user can then select "Play Game".

Maybe the multiple handling of the "Menu" button maybe causing the Hang problem?

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited March 2015

I found that you can use 1 button to change scenes and for all selections just when button is pressed use a change attribute to set it back to false, and it will stay false until you release button and press again.

This is working well for me because I did not want to use every button. I want the dpad for selections and A button to select, and also be able to use them in gameplay without confusing gamer with multi button menu's.

Here's a quick video of what I'm doing maybe this will be helpful.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

I've got this app rejection email from Amazon, does anyone know what this would be??:

RESULTS: YOUR APP WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE ON ALL TARGETED DEVICES

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Install and the app
    Actual result : An error message 'Cannot Open App...Please check for an available update on your library' is displayed even after purchasing latest version
    Expected result : App should install and launched without any error

Previous to this version I had a rejection due to not being able to select Facebook/Twitter buttons on the menu screen - so that version obviously did run on the Fire TV.
    All I've done with this version is remove the buttons from the menu graphic so have no idea why I'm getting this rejection!

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

@DigiChain,

When submitting your up under the upload binary section on the Amazon store, after you upload the binary there is a place where you choose the target devices the app is for. You have to turn on and off the appropriate devices for your app. There are 3 separate pages. Did you do that and select and deselect the correct devices before submitting?

@KillerPenguinStudios - yes, thanks I did, but it wasn't that.
    I've now sorted this issue - not fully sure why it was rejected initially, but I think it was down to a keychain signing issue.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@BlackCloakGS I'm using a 360 controller and in creator I'm using the game.select for the back button on controller and that works perfect in preview but on FireTv it does nothing, I made a simple app and tested the two button on the nyko playpad pro and only the right button seems to work. also notice same issue with remote the menu works but back button does nothing should they work.

Am i right in thinking our Fire TV versions can also be published to the Google Play Store as Android TV apps as well??

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

@DigiChain,

I thought the same thing so I purchased Google Nexus to test and try. The issue is they don't have any developer section on the device to do testing so there's no way to test and see that it works. Truly a bummer!

@KillerPenguinStudios
    Thats a shame. It would be good to know, it seems logical to me that it would work.. but sounds like it's going to be a shot in the dark, releasing a Google TV version and hoping it works out!

@BlackCloakGS - I've just been rejected by Amazon due to the audio not pausing issue. I thought this had previously been fixed?

Also, it's been rejected for controlling the media buttons?? Not quite sure what this is getting at?

Here's my full rejection (3rd part is the media buttons):

Observation:- Remote: App fails to lower volume through use of OnAudioFocusChangeListener when performing microphone search :
    Steps to recreate error:
    1.Install and launch the app
    2.Select new game
    3.Press A or Select
    4.Once the introduction starts perform microphone search
    Actual result:Observe app does not lower volume during microphone search
    Expected result:App should lower down/mute volume during microphone search

-

Observation:- App continues to play audio after the user has exited the app :
    Steps to recreate error:
    1.Install and launch the app
    2.Select new game
    3.Press A or Select
    4.Once the introduction starts press home button in the controller
    Actual result:Observe app continues to play audio after the user has exited the app
    Expected result:App should pause the audio on home button press and resume the audio when app is relaunched

-

Observation:- App does not make use of Media Buttons for gameplay but still controls the Media Buttons (prevents Play/Pause input of music applications). : In media playback, the media buttons behave as expected.?? In non-media apps, the media buttons should not be used for some other function, as this may interfere with the system's ability to control media playing in the background.Note that If your app uses a framework such as Unity/Corona/Gideros, you may ignore this requirement , as the ability to pass key events through to the system is not supported in those frameworks.

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

From what I understand, I remember that if you don't identify what a button does in a menu screen "Hit A button to proceed." You get rejected.

The media button dilemna is probably due to the system being able to play music in another program while a GS game is running. And that if your using Unity/Corona/Gideros, that ability is disabled, and you can probably use media buttons then, at least thats what it appears to say.

Unless you must state in your game that media buttons are used, thus not recommending the use of music programs while the GS app is on. i don't know if that will work though.

Media buttons are probably best used for testing your own game if you lack a controller and have Fire TV stick.

Currently receiving this warning when submitting new Fire TV app:

This APK’s manifest conflicts with 3 of your targeted Amazon Fire devices.
    Starting in Mid-November, any APK update will require an updated manifest to maintain your current device support. Click on “View device support” below for more information on how to address conflicts.

It then links to this page explaining more:
    https://developer.amazon.com/public/support/submitting-your-app/tech-docs/troubleshooting-android-manifest-and-device-targeting