I'll replace the GS loading image in your apps for $50/app

Comments

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Photics said:
    To ignore the money making aspects of this software is like ignoring the elephant in the room.

I wrote a huge post then just bloody deleted it. Because there's little point arguing with you when we could go round and round in circles all day.

You and I will never see eye to eye on some aspects, photics, and that's fine. But please don't presume that everyone thinks like you.

GameSalad is FREE. FACT. Any elephants in the room you've brought with you yourself, sir.

Cheers :D

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• AppChogieAppChogie Member Posts: 503
    quantumsheep said:
    Any elephants in the room you've brought with you yourself, sir.

@Sheep you bugger I cant stop crying mate XD
  • beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
    The fact that the GS splash screen is scaring users that already have played really BAD games means alot to us developers because as better as you make your games and even if your app gets really nice reviews from testers if you even make a lite version to gamers when they start this app and see the GS screen they will say " OH NO!! NOT THAT AGAIN!! " ....and if you´ll ask me...this was emailed for me by MANY users from all kinds of countries ( in english of course).

This quantumsheep guy here is like The Good Shepherd (this guy is a joke) and don´t forget that there´s always someone from the GS dev team using a developer´s mask here just to post around and "sympathise" with the so called " COMUNITY " right " My friend " T_T.

As for using iADS like that on the video tutorial and having to buy the pro version of the tool 1999 dollars I think GS team should do the opposite approach and release the functionality for everybody for just one time and than asking for the money(if you don´t pay next you´ll lose the iads functionality)...this is the easiest way to let us afford the money to aquire the pro version right!
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    quantumsheep said:
    I wrote a huge post then just bloody deleted it. Because there's little point arguing with you when we could go round and round in circles all day.

There is no debate. I don't often see posts with the headline, "Look at my free web game!" More often, they'll post promo codes to their app on iTunes, because they want their game to sell and make money.

What's on the front page of GameSalad.com? It's iAds! It's the iPad. It's the iPhone 4!

It is fun, it is entertaining, but making money is a common motivator for GameSalad development.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    POLYGAMe said:
    What is it with you and noses? :P

It's just a phase. Ears are starting to attract me now.
    @beatrage I know the man in the sheep's clothing and he doesn't work for GS!
    beatrage said:
    The fact that the GS splash screen is scaring users that already have played really BAD games means alot to us developers because as better as you make your games and even if your app gets really nice reviews from testers if you even make a lite version to gamers when they start this app and see the GS screen they will say " OH NO!! NOT THAT AGAIN!! " ....and if you´ll ask me...this was emailed for me by MANY users from all kinds of countries ( in english of course).

This quantumsheep guy here is like The Good Shepherd (this guy is a joke) and don´t forget that there´s always someone from the GS dev team using a developer´s mask here just to post around and "sympathise" with the so called " COMUNITY " right " My friend " T_T.

As for using iADS like that on the video tutorial and having to buy the pro version of the tool 1999 dollars I think GS team should do the opposite approach and release the functionality for everybody for just one time and than asking for the money(if you don´t pay next you´ll lose the iads functionality)...this is the easiest way to let us afford the money to aquire the pro version right!

I like to be the good guy. But today, all I can think is:

You're a fucking idiot.

Take care, sweetie!

QS

• Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    rofl thanks QS
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    quantumsheep said:

You're a fucking idiot.

Take care, sweetie!

QS

+1
    beatrage said:
    The fact that the GS splash screen is scaring users that already have played really BAD games means alot to us developers because as better as you make your games and even if your app gets really nice reviews from testers if you even make a lite version to gamers when they start this app and see the GS screen they will say " OH NO!! NOT THAT AGAIN!! "

Luckily they don't know it's a GameSalad game until AFTER they buy it then eh? And if it's a good game, you've got nothing to worry about, as I doubt people will spend cash, download the game and then turn it off at the loading screen...
    Photics said:
    There is no debate.

Ok. You win. I'm wrong. You're right. Well done.

We're all money grabbing bastards, every last one of us!

Happy now?

QS :D

• BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    quantumsheep said:

You're a fucking idiot.

Take care, sweetie!

QS

You work for GS? Can you get me a Pro membership upgrade on the side? LOL
    quantumsheep said:

Oh Boy! ....... ZIGGY
    You know, QS... when you said it was going to be a bumpy ride, I didn't think it would be THIS bumpy.... I'm gonna have to get some new shocks for the NSX...

... that I'm going to buy soon with the profits from Max Vector. HAHAHAHA.
    YES, I WANT AN NSX, OKAY?!?!?! THEY"RE THE ONLY SUPERCAR I'LL EVER BE ABLE TO AFFORD!
    quantumsheep said:
    Ok. You win. I'm wrong. You're right. Well done.

Happy now?

Ha, you know that's not what I meant.

Gendai Games is selling software subscriptions to make money. Developers like to make money too. This doesn't have to be such a bad thing. Perhaps when the folks in Texas get to work this morning, they'll sip their morning coffee and reflect on the matter with a clear head. Maybe they will review the community's concerns and make things better.

...but it's lunchtime in Texas now, so maybe morning coffee is replaced with sandwiches.

I'm hungry! HA!
    Photics said:
    ...but it's lunchtime in Texas now, so maybe morning coffee is replaced with sandwiches.

I'm hungry! HA!

Dare I say... salad???

;)

• EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Well this hungry Texan has spent the last hour trying to catch up in this thread, and wow, I shouldn't have haha.

I would change to pro in a heartbeat if it was dropped even a little bit. I can't see myself paying $2,000 a year at this point.

And as I type this I realize that I can't even remember what points were being made in this thread. Oh well.
  • beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
    POLYGAMe said:
    " Luckily they don't know it's a GameSalad game until AFTER they buy it then eh? And if it's a good game, you've got nothing to worry about, as I doubt people will spend cash, download the game and then turn it off at the loading screen... "

No my friend actually when you release a LITE version you show the user the splash screen from the engine and this is our DOOM ! The time they see the GS name they think " OH NO !! Not that again... " and some times they don´t even finish the Demo.

LOL ^_^ About this:

QUANTUMSHEEP SAID:

" I like to be the good guy. But today, all I can think is:

You're a fucking idiot.

Take care, sweetie! "

Welcome to the team...you are HUMAN, do you get that angry when you develop a game for months and don´t sell a !@#$% Pal ? For all that matters as I work as a coder for more than 13 years I must say that there are always someone like you in in dev forums, a snake using a sheep´s skin, or The Saint POPE that likes to put together the little children and select your sheeps by tasting each one of them with the excuse that you have teached something to someone and they are in debt with you and they will never go against your TRUE nature. T_T if you wanna play a developer in this game please BE ONE for example!! Some people here need money to survive here not like a playboy, little moms spoiled brat that doesn´t need to work and receive all the good deeds that someone worked for him. I don´t really think you are like that...but I am really starting to...
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    beatrage said:
    Welcome to the team...you are HUMAN, do you get that angry when you develop a game for months and don´t sell a !@#$% Pal ? For all that matters as I work as a coder for more than 13 years I must say that there are always someone like you in in dev forums, a snake using a sheep´s skin, or The Saint POPE that likes to put together the little children and select your sheeps by tasting each one of them with the excuse that you have teached something to someone and they are in debt with you and they will never go against your TRUE nature. T_T if you wanna play a developer in this game please BE ONE for example!! Some people here need money to survive here not like a playboy, little moms spoiled brat that doesn´t need to work and receive all the good deeds that someone worked for him. I don´t really think you are like that...but I am really starting to...

I know QS can stick up for himself, but anyhow:

Hi beatrage; it's obviously not just beats you rage against. You seem to have a problem. QS, like the majority of us all here on the Forum, use the Forum to ask questions, give answers, communicate with others; offer opinions and advice; have a laugh.

Most are polite and helpful; getting on with people, some more informed than others, but still their voices count; so that the word "community" has sprung up not that long ago. Just because someone has an opinion which you don't agree with doesn't mean they're getting all high and mighty about it, QS included.

(I'll have that tenner later, QS, cheers). ;-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    Eastbound said:
    And as I type this I realize that I can't even remember what points were being made in this thread. Oh well.
    That's sad...

My point was to bring attention to the overpriced state of the Pro membership. This is/was an attempt to aggressively correct the perceived value of the Pro membership. I can't take all the credit, but I feel this thread has helped to propagate that position.

Also, I think I have received enough requests (10+ at this point, not counting those who figured out how to do this on their own...) for this service to prove that sloppy coding (why else would there be an easily accessible back door?) and a poor pricing could prove disastrous to Gendai/GameSalad. I just hope that it isn't only the community that sees this, and that Gendai actually took notice (100+ posts, you think?)

I have been called:

- Childish
    - A hacker
    - Cheapass
    - Destroyer of the community
    - And probably many more that i missed in the 100+ post discussion1

The funny part is, all of those descriptors could be applied to Gendai with adequate justification! I'll post on that later if you like.

That said, I am (un)officially "closing up shop".

For my final point:

Other that banning my self (and everyone else who may have used this method) for no legally (you guys can debate the morality all you want) justifiable reason, the only way Gendai can stop this is to plug the exploit. i'm sure they are smart enough to figure out how it is done.

All GS users, feel free to email me for instructions on how this modification to your apps can be applied...at NO charge!

NOTE: I have not accepted any money, nor provided any actual services to ANYONE.
    beatrage said:
    POLYGAMe said:
    LOL ^_^ About this:

QUANTUMSHEEP SAID:

" I like to be the good guy. But today, all I can think is:

You're a fucking idiot.

Take care, sweetie! "

Hello sweetie, did it feel good to get that out?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I was at work. You know. The place where you go and earn money. Do you remember what that's like?

So, this is the second time you've felt you needed to attack me, personally. Well done you! I'm not angry. Just incredulous as to how you have correctly assessed my character and intentions! You've got me soooo right. You're amazing! Do I know you?

Are you stalking me???

I freely admit that my games are not very good. They did not deserve to do well, and I would not have been comfortable promoting them as being brilliant, because they weren't. Despite one or two of them having interesting ideas behind them. It's no big deal, really. You live, you learn, you move on.

Actually, as a pro user, I may just make them all free and put iAds in them. That'd be fun. Should take... oooh, about 5 seconds each game I think...

Hey, maybe I could do the same for your game!? Oh, wait. I wouldn't want you to feel indebted to me.

I played your bomb game. You know, the one that only sold 100 copies, after you spent three months on it. Well done for selling that many!

Normally I'd offer to help fix your control system, but, again, I really don't want you to feel like you owe me anything! Let's forget that, eh?

I suggest in your next game you don't include any controls at all. It's a shrewd business move. You could plaster it with iAds everywhere. Because as a coder, you know it's never about how good the game is, just how much you can con people out of for it.

OH! That was your plan all along:

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=8052#post-54508

I'm confused as to why an experienced coder such as yourself, needs iAds anyway? Or even GameSalad, actually?

Anyone with that kind of experience could pick up Xcode in a few weeks, surely?

Then you could have all the iAds you need by using Xcode, instead of whining about it like a little brat that feels the world owes him something.

Surely, being the professional, hard nosed business man that you are, the *serious* developer, that would be easier for you? No?

Me, I'm just playing at being a developer. This is true. I'm a games developer by trade. It's my job. It pays me money.

Which is why GameSalad is just a hobby for me, and why making money is not my top priority.

I know you'll find that hard to understand, so try reading the last bit again.

I'm sorry you feel the need to attack me all the time. Does it make you feel better? Do you feel superior?

Please, by all means, respond to this, sweetie. There's lots here. Too much, really. What I should have simply said was:

"I stand by my original statement"

But sometimes I can't help myself!

Ciao, bella!

xxx

• EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    barkbark00 said:
    That's sad...

My point was to bring attention to the overpriced state of the Pro membership. This is/was an attempt to aggressively correct the perceived value of the Pro membership. I can't take all the credit, but I feel this thread has helped to propagate that position.

Also, I think I have received enough requests (10+ at this point, not counting those who figured out how to do this on their own...) for this service to prove that sloppy coding (why else would there be an easily accessible back door?) and a poor pricing could prove disastrous to Gendai/GameSalad. I just hope that it isn't only the community that sees this, and that Gendai actually took notice (100+ posts, you think?)

I have been called:

- Childish
    - A hacker
    - Cheapass
    - Destroyer of the community
    - And probably many more that i missed in the 100+ post discussion1

The funny part is, all of those descriptors could be applied to Gendai with adequate justification! I'll post on that later if you like.

That said, I am (un)officially "closing up shop".

For my final point:

Other that banning my self (and everyone else who may have used this method) for no legally (you guys can debate the morality all you want) justifiable reason, the only way Gendai can stop this is to plug the exploit. i'm sure they are smart enough to figure out how it is done.

All GS users, feel free to email me for instructions on how this modification to your apps can be applied...at NO charge!

NOTE: I have not accepted any money, nor provided any actual services to ANYONE.

Ah thanks for the summary. After reading 100+ posts in a topic that evolved from the original point, I lost track of what it even was about.

I agree with you for the most part it sounds like. I agree that Pro license is way overpriced. I don't think you'll find anyone who disagrees with that fact.

I have a problem with people bitching about iAds being pro only, though. It should be a pro-only feature I believe. Not only would there be a ton of crap gamesalad apps giving the program a worse rep in the app store than it deserves, but there would be a ton of crap apps WITH ADS (and some good ones, too. But the crap certainly outnumbers the quality).

I don't understand why the lack of iAds would prompt anyone to "close up shop", though. Anybody who would stand to actually make a somewhat decent amount of money from ads, would still be making a fair amount of money regardless.

I DO agree the pro price is ridiculous, but I don't agree with the community's bitchy response about how they got shafted. I don't agree with people saying that now they won't be able to make money, when apple chooses which apps the ads appear in, when in all likelihood they would never appear in the apps of some of the most vocal voices through this fiasco. I do agree with Gendai that iAds should be pro only.
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    @QS that brought a tear to my eye. That was quite beautiful.
    JGary321 said:
    @QS that brought a tear to my eye. That was quite beautiful.

HUSH! YOU ARE MY CHILD AND MY LITTLE SHEEP. I WANT TO TASTE YOU! YOU OWE ME!!!

Or something..

*shrugs*

Now look here, QS, I wanna know how you manage to be The Saint Pope, and a sheep AND The Good Shepherd. As well as collecting rent from Gary the Moth. And the time to eat all that lamb, canniballistic-like, all the time. Surely your day job suffers?

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

quantumsheep said:

ewe
    design219 said:
    href="http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=8340&page=4#post-57693">said:

euw

Don't you mean ewe? Ha! :-}

Doh!
    This thread is not good for the community. The original purpose of this thread seems to have ceased. Now it's turning into a flame war. Maybe a mod will wander in here and close the thread.