I'll replace the GS loading image in your apps for $50/app

BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
We've all seen what Gendai thinks of express members today...and Pro members for that matter!

With only 3 Pro-exclusive features, Gendai is basically charging $666 per feature.

If you're an indie dev that wants to market your apps without GS's loading image hanging over your head, contact me at barkbark00@gmail.com.

Here's what I am offering:

While I don't have a Pro membership, I do have a method for adding any loading image to a game once it has been published using GS. Using conventional development tools, I'm able to access the loading screen resource and swap it for whatever you like.

If your interested in my services, send your desired loading image and a GS-published app.

I'll return your app with a custom loading screen image.

Naysayers might says that this is agains the rules, I respectfully disagree. I have contacted GS and while they did ASK me not to do this as a favor, they would not say that it was against any rules. Trust me, I asked...

Their request that I keep this under-wraps is, in my mind, the equivalent of them trying to dictate which 3rd party Sales tracker I use for my apps.

MY justification for this is as follows:

The Pro membership simply affords users the convenience of a streamlined interface for changing a game's loading image within GameSalad. I am just doing it the hard way; modifying resources which are accessible by conventional methods.

Note: I can update existing apps as well. As long as you still have the binary files you originally used for iTunes submission. All you have to do is resubmit the app to iTunes once you get the updated version back.

Also, I know someone will bring this up so I'll head it off now. Since the binary files are provisioned using YOUR certificate, there is no way I can submit your apps to iTunes.

Comments

• IntelligentDesignerIntelligentDesigner Member Posts: 517
    OOOH! 6-6-6 !!! Can I just search the bin and find the little devil?

But to give Gendai credit where credit is due, there is one valuable feature to the "pro" you did not mention... Access to support, which in the case of an undocumented buggy beta app is worth something. It could cut down weeks of agonizing into mere days.
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    True. Although, seeing as most of us find that this forum is more than adequate for support, I don't count that feature personally...
  • IntelligentDesignerIntelligentDesigner Member Posts: 517
    that's true, when you know what to ask, you generally get an answer... No thanks to the manufacturer...
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    That's very funny!

Gendai charges $666 for the same service, and for them it is completely automated!

My offer isn't a bad deal...!

A custom loading screen will dramatically improve you app's user experience...

If $50 is too steep for anyone, I will provide this service for anyone's reasonable offer.
    I'm glad we agree that GameSalad Pro is a rip-off... ;-)
    Thanks chosenonestudios, I appreciate the support!
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Oooooh..... I'm tempted....
    There has been some confusion about what you need to pass along for this to work. I just need 3 things:

- $50 (paypal works)
    - The .app file that GameSalad produces.
    - The image you want as your loading screen. All supported iDevice resolutions will work.

I hope that clears things up. Thanks all.
  • NeverbeNeverbe Member Posts: 117
    You manage to do it with Xcode?
    I haven't buy the express edition but i'll do it and if, using Xcode, i can remove the splash screen with a personal one it's a good news.
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    I will be surprised if this thread exists in the morning (and your forum privileges for GS.com).
    Better post it on GSProForum.com to avoid the wrath of Gendai once they arrive at work tomorrow and choke up their morning coffee.

:0
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    Maybe if you do 40 of these you'll be able to afford Pro ;P
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    peachpellen said:
    Maybe if you do 40 of these you'll be able to afford Pro ;P

Right, then I could extend my services options! ;-)

BTW, it's morning or later pretty much everywhere!

Edit:

Just in case, here's a link to the independent forum version:

http://www.gsproforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=94

Get it while it's hot!
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    'conventional development tools' surely not :)
    Rob2 said:
    'conventional development tools' surely not :)

Rob, do you know how to do it too haha
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    Yep I know how to do this but I will not as I think it is wrong! And if you are going to try to charge for this then I think you are asking to be banned!
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    Why is it wrong? Code is code. Default pngs are Default pngs.

What's the difference if you customize it a bit.

Its like saying its wrong to remove a pickle from your hamburger if you don't like it.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    mulcahy said:
    this is a real great way to ruin the community. great job!

I'm starting to lose heart in the 'community'.

Too many morally bankrupt personalities :(

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Nope, I'm just monetarily bankrupt...

Well, I was... first thing that comes up when you type my name into Google...

... now I'm just poor... as a result of said bankruptcy! lol.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    POLYGAMe said:
    Nope, I'm just monetarily bankrupt...

Well, I was... first thing that comes up when you type my name into Google...

... now I'm just poor... as a result of said bankruptcy! lol.

/hugs

You're rich, personality wise though ;)

(it's not helping, is it?)

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

No.

*grabs shears*
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    it's ok Mr Sheep...

some of us still want to play nice...

I'm sure it's supposed to be a fun hobby making these games and not a stressful not stop rant...
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    quantumsheep said:
    I'm starting to lose heart in the 'community'.

Too many morally bankrupt personalities :(

While I frown on the idea of using a hack to accomplish the task of removing the GameSalad loading screen, what about someone with a Pro license doing the same thing? Is that unethical?

Shouldn't someone who paid $1999 for software have the option to make GameSalad apps and modifications for clients? I don't know Gendai Game's stance on the matter. If they offered monthly subscriptions for Pro, this would be less of an issue.

$1999 for a year is a lot of money for people to upfront, but $199 for one month is more manageable.
    Photics said:
    $1999 for a year is a lot of money for people to upfront, but $199 for one month is more manageable.

But you couldn't let people have Pro for one month... They'd only need it for one month.. Anyway...

200 x 12 = $2400 That doesn't sound fair...
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    The fact is you are encouraging hacking the software, which is a definite no no, and could result in the loss of your GameSalad account, and forfeit of your membership fee. Besides it being unethical, you are basically devaluing the cost of the prop membership.

This is a game building tool, are there cheaper ones out there? Sure. Are there more powerful ones? You betcha. But I have not found one so easy to use. I built my first game in 4-5 weeks and was featured by Apple. I never ever could have done that using Unity or one of the other tools.