Mac Creator Release 0.13.34 is available

124»

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@GeorgeGS said:
    Yes, but I don't see any Mac crashes with your e-mail on them.

That's odd. I've had at least 2 crashes today...

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@Braydon_SFX said:
    That's odd. I've had at least 2 crashes today...

Before or after you logged in? We don't have the e-mail before.

@GeorgeGS said:
    Before or after you logged in? We don't have the e-mail before.

What do you mean? I'm always logged into Creator?

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@Braydon_SFX said:
    What do you mean? I'm always logged into Creator?

Some people crash before the login process has completed. It sounds like you're crashing farther along in the process.

@GeorgeGS said:
    Some people crash before the login process has completed. It sounds like you're crashing farther along in the process.

Yes, I have crashes while working inside Creator.

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

@GeorgeGS said:
    I didn't need to change any table code, so I doubt it's any different. I'll try and take a look at it soon, but I have a few things on my plate atm.

@GeorgeGS @dgackey @CodeWizard

George, by jove, you seem to have done it! You seem to have fixed this bug that has been haunting Game Salad for over a year! And now my old project works as expected again, playing through missions, and flushing out the expected memory on each scene change.

Amazing. Finally! Thank you so much. So glad you could get onto the issue for a few solid days and get it fixed.

Just for the record, and after a full year of whinging, I really wanted to thank you, and also just put on record that I was right all along, and the issues did need to be fixed at Game Salad's end, and all those from GS and the forums, who thought I was "making things up", or that my project itself had problems, you were all wrong.

And I feel that now, finally, that particular issues seems to have been put to rest (with absolutely no changes whatsoever at my project's end.

I have suffered long and hard over this issue, and my cries for help have been quite fruitless for a whole year. And I really just want to emphasise here, that I was completely right all along, and that this work George has done should have been done, by someone at GS, a year ago.

Thank you. And all the best with the new King George hopefully having time to stomp on some more GS issues.

Awesome that GS are back to focussing on Game Salad full time, and here's to seeing more improvements to come!

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

@AlchimiaStudios said:
    Did some testing tonight. My game that hasn't been able to run on ipad 2/mini first gen for awhile seems to be performing fine. 0 crashes. Memory usage is down enough it doesn't give warnings anymore on instruments.

One issue though, I also have the blurry image issue like others in this thread.

Super happy that other people with larger projects are now enjoying the benefits of the memory issue fixes that have gone in. Amazing. Keen to see some of these projects when they're done! :)

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
  • HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
  • robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

Thank you! :)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• lotte205lotte205 Tallinn, EstoniaMember, PRO Posts: 41

After the update m4a music files are not playing. ogg is working fine. Same problem in different projects.

• lotte205lotte205 Tallinn, EstoniaMember, PRO Posts: 41

Never mind, restarted my computer and everything is working fine. Weird coincidence. Sorry.

Having a lot of crashes today. Many within the last 5 minutes when I re-open my project. This latest update seems to crash differently than previous builds. In previous builds, GameSalad would lag horribly and ultimately freeze, crashing shortly afterwards. With this current build, GameSalad crashes instantly and there is no lag or freeze.

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

@CodeWizard How are we coming along with reducing the frequency in needing to download GS viewer with each new update?

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236

It looks like that game crashing bug really was fixed! I even pushed the game further than I otherwise would just to see how far I could take it and still no crash! This is so great! Thanks a lot for your work you guys, this is amazing.

• 2create2create Member, PRO Posts: 90
    edited August 2015

There's a Big BUG in this version: Images are blurred on published app. Please fix ASAP! Thanx!
    @dgackey

Yops – the innovative puzzle game for iOs – http://apple.co/1ESvIlC
    Other games - http://appstore.com/flashpromllc/

@2create said:
    There's a Big BUG in this version: Images are blurred on published app. Please fix ASAP! Thanx!

It's being fixed for the next version. A bug with Resolution Independence, by the sounds of it.

• Agent ArgyleAgent Argyle Member, PRO Posts: 188

I just encountered the blurry images. Any ETA for this being fixed? Can't really publish or even send to beta testers until it is fixed. My game is also fails to load when there is no internet connectivity but we are dealing with this in a separate thread.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@Agent Argyle said:
    I just encountered the blurry images. Any ETA for this being fixed? Can't really publish or even send to beta testers until it is fixed. My game is also fails to load when there is no internet connectivity but we are dealing with this in a separate thread.

@GeorgeGS said:
    We've identified the issue with blurry images for Resolution Independent projects. We were loading the lowest resolution images in all cases.

It'll be fixed in the next version which should be released early next week.

Early next week it looks like.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• Agent ArgyleAgent Argyle Member, PRO Posts: 188

Great, thanks - didn't see that.

• Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191
    edited August 2015

seems to be lots of issues relating to Game Attributes, change image and rules in genral in this version, both in the preview and html preview when creating new behaviours,

3 actors

button - when button is pressed change game attribute 'testing change' to 'a' else 'b'
    image - when game attribute 'testing change' = 'a' change image to 'explosion' else change image to 'sign'
    Display test - display game attribute 'testing change'

BUG 1328

• issue -

Display text doesnt show the correct attribute value or any value, diffrent result in both preview and html preview

button change attribute isnt changing game attribute

change image not working based on game attribute not working

loaded an old project i use all these behaviours in and it works fine seems to only break when i add new behaviours anyone else having issues with any of these behaviours?

should note issues only started when my membership expired

(site currently under construction)

Just popping back to say I'm super excited about the memory clean up fixes that @GeorgeGS did. They are so appreciated. Thank you!

Rock on Game Salad, and all you wonderful developers of the GS community! :)

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

@Hymloe said:
    Just popping back to say I'm super excited about the memory clean up fixes that GeorgeGS did. They are so appreciated. Thank you!

Rock on Game Salad, and all you wonderful developers of the GS community! :)

It is good to see you happy dude! You were patient and it paid off at the end. I'm glad your hard work was not wasted. I'm looking forward to seeing your games and playing them when they are complete ... :wink:

Thanks @neoman :)

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

Glad to hear it resolved your issue!

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779
    edited August 2015

I'm no programmer, but perhaps too many game attributes have something to do with any remaining table issues? I see in the expression editor that tables will be listed alongside game attributes, and if they are at the bottom, perhaps it takes time to get to them before the game read the table itself? Unless tables are read separately. Sorry for my ignorance if I'm thinking of it the wrong way.

The solution could be that the user re-do the order of the game attributes and tables, with tables on top. But I only theorize this because it's been mentioned how the system reads game attributes starting from the top and going down.

Anyways, fantastic job with this update, @gamesalad. :)