Purlease ! There are children who view this forum ! :p

:joy:

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited November 2015

@Socks said: @Armelline

Purlease ! There are children who view this forum ! :p

I see you gave him the bird! :joy:

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@Socks said:

Me trying to not give you an "Agree."

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

Waiting... waiting... waiting

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

I admit, I wasn't really sure what I could do with this new feature when it was announced, but then the more I read about it, the more I realized how much potential it has beyond "making levels collision perfect".

For example, I had scrapped this giant boss guy earlier due to needing to constrain a ton of invisible actors, but now with polygonal collision, I can actually use him. Not only that, since each part like his arms is a seperate actor, it can allow him to have both polygonal collision as well as have it move around without the need for a custom polygonal for each frame, since the "animation" are joint actors moving around a pivot.

I just thought of a question, can a polygonal shape "turn around"? Say something is shaped like an P, facing right, it looks like a P, when facing left, the shape bump of the P would be facing left. Would polygonal shapes be able to do that? If not, I could just have the actor destroy itself and spawn an actor with a reflected version of the shape to simulate turning around.

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435
    edited November 2015

Hey, remember when I said we'd be releasing 1.24 this week barring any unexpected issues? Well, those issues have popped up. :( The bad news is that it looks like the release will be delayed until next week. The good news is that custom collision will be a bit easier to use (no need to import your image into the shape editor as a square), and there will be some general performance optimizations.

• MoikMoik Member, PRO Posts: 257

That's fine. The last few updates have been pretty disruptive, so we can still use some time to catch up to those. Give us too much too fast and you'll end up with a community stuck in feature-creep mode and not releasing anything.

@stevej said:
    Hey, remember when I said we'd be releasing 1.24 this week barring any unexpected issues? Well, those issues have popped up. :( The bad news is that it looks like the release will be delayed until next week. The good news is that custom collision will be a bit easier to use (no need to import your image into the shape editor as a square), and there will be some general performance optimizations.

Sounds great, a question . . .

Will we able to change/animate the COM at run time ?

@Braydon_SFX said:

Me trying to not give you an "Agree."

:smile:

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@stevej said:

Thanks for the heads up.

@Socks said:

@stevej said:

Sounds great, a question . . .

Will we able to change/animate the COM at run time ?

No; we'd like to support that at some point, but it won't be available for the 1st release.

edited November 2015

@stevej said:
    No; we'd like to support that at some point, but it won't be available for the 1st release.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it would be great if it was supported at some stage in the future, it'd open up all sorts of extra not-immediately obvious fun stuff ! :)

One other question . . . with the ability to change the COM, when you constrain actor A's position to actor B's position, does this place actor A at actor B's COM, or in other words is an actor's location defined by its centre of mass ?

@Socks said:

@stevej said:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it would be great if it was supported at some stage in the future, it'd open up all sorts of extra not-immediately obvious fun stuff ! :)

One other question . . . with the ability to change the COM, when you constrain actor A's position to actor B's position, does this place actor A at actor B's COM, or in other words is an actor's location defined by its centre of mass ?

No, the constraint is from the center of the object. Would making it the COM be useful?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@stevej said:
    No, the constraint is from the center of the object. Would making it the COM be useful?

Only if it was an option. If I had to pick one, it would be centre of the object. But having the ability to hook into either would be amazing.

edited November 2015

@stevej said:

If it were an option it would be really useful !

EDIT: what @Armelline said.

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236

@stevej said:

@Socks said:

@stevej said:

That would be incredibly useful!

• digitalzerodigitalzero Member, BASIC Posts: 639

So how exactly would the app viewer work... I'm so excited for that!!!! Geese, I feel so great because ppl actually recognize my user name on this forum... Mainly because I ask a lot of damn questions but I been rocking with you guys for years!!! Ever since learning from tshirtbooth in the beginning :) happy to be apart of this awesome community!

Btw a lot of this still feels like I'm reading some different language... I'm just a simple anime artist

@digitalzero said:
    So how exactly would the app viewer work... I'm so excited for that!!!! Geese, I feel so great because ppl actually recognize my user name on this forum... Mainly because I ask a lot of damn questions but I been rocking with you guys for years!!! Ever since learning from tshirtbooth in the beginning :) happy to be apart of this awesome community!

You will install the GameSalad Viewer onto your iPhone/Pad from the iTunes store, and then connect to it in Creator to preview your games on it. You can do this already, but it requires downloading and building the Viewer on a Mac. This will let people without Macs be able to test games directly on their devices too.

We also plan a Viewer available on the GooglePlay store as well.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

more excited to see the app viewer.

• 33miles33miles Member, BASIC Posts: 71

@stevej said

You will install the GameSalad Viewer onto your iPhone/Pad from the iTunes store, and then connect to it in Creator to preview your games on it. You can do this already, but it requires downloading and building the Viewer on a Mac. This will let people without Macs be able to test games directly on their devices too.

Hi @stevej So from reading your post is there a chance the android viewer app will not be released at the same time as the iOS one? I look forward to both but the android app a bit more so. Thanks! :D

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

@33miles said:

@stevej said

Hi @stevej So from reading your post is there a chance the android viewer app will not be released at the same time as the iOS one? I look forward to both but the android app a bit more so. Thanks! :D

Androids will always eat Apples for energy! :joy:

edited November 2015

FYI for people creating collision shapes for their actors: If you are using PhysicsEditor with the exporter plugin linked on the custom collision help page, please redownload the plugin and recreate your shapes. We've added some data to the JSON file that lets you use non-square objects in PhysicsBodyEditor.

And if you are using PhysicsBodyEditor, your actor images no longer need to be square.

(Yes, we changed the plugin for one product to improve the support for a different one.)

@stevej said:
    FYI for people creating collision shapes for their actors

Sounds good! Any ETA? :D

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@Armelline said:

@stevej said:

This. ^

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@jdlcrater said:
    Androids will always eat Apples for energy! :joy:

That's why Androids spit the pits! :D

Thanks so much for the reply... looking forward to having the viewer in the app store... cause dang it was such a tedious process the other way lol! love the fact that theres always something to look forward to as well! im definitely not complaining about the 20 dollars a month coming out of my boyfriends account lol

@Armelline said:

@stevej said:

Still looking like this week.

@stevej said:
    Still looking like this week.