New Release 1.25.61 is Available

Comments

• NalycanNalycan Member, PRO Posts: 96

Anyone else got trouble with uploading builds to apple? When uploading with Application Loader an error says that the icon for iPad Pro is missing. I cannot proceed upload.

• NalycanNalycan Member, PRO Posts: 96

This is it:

ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '167x167' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro."

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Anyone else had this problem?

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

The uploading issue should be resolved now :)

• antmanixantmanix Member, PRO Posts: 5

I had the issue and just tested an upload after the fix. It now works without that iPad Pro error.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

That was a figment of somebody's imagination... and they are no longer with us.

Welcome to the new GameSalad. :)

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229

When are we likely to get a fixed GS viewer?
    Do we have some kind of "time frame"?

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

@CodeWizard @ForumNinja

I just wanted to say how good the latest PC version of creator is... Ive not really used the PC version much before, mostly sticking to slightly older versions of the Mac creator, but I have a meeting/presentation later today that requires me to show off GS projects on a PC laptop, so I downloaded and installed the latest PC build.

I was amazed at how well all my Mac created projects ran on the PC version. Every one I tried, loaded up without issue and ran flawlessly. I was most impressed.

Its made me think about updating my Mac version to the latest build now!

But yup... the GS devs look to have definitely brought the PC version up to parity and full compatibility with the Mac version... at least for all the projects I tried.

I think seeing the PC version in such a stable and up to date condition really made me realise how good it will now actually be in an educational environment, as most schools and educational institutions use PCs. It just needs .EXE file export for it to truly fit in the classroom environment, as most teachers will want to just export and demo the students work on PCs already within the classes.

But yup.... really impressed with the latest PC version of creator.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@Chunkypixels said:
    It just needs .EXE file export for it to truly fit in the classroom environment, as most teachers will want to just export and demo the students work on PCs already within the classes.

But yup.... really impressed with the latest PC version of creator.

For sure. Benefits everyone. I think @CodeWizard said at one point the previewer on windows is actually run very differently from Mac and is quite similar to what a standalone exe would be in terms of how it works. Hoping it is at least still on the radar!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• Jeffm2Jeffm2 Member, PRO Posts: 142

has there ever been any more talk of this? http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/90408/does-your-app-game-require-multi-line-text-input/p2

updated text input would be great!!!

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

Is there a new update available or something? I opened my GS and it keeps trying to update. It probably fails because of my work computer's security so that's not my question.

Just wondering if a new version is out and no one knows it. I haven't opened it on my work computer for about 10 days probably but it was definitely 1.25 and used last in July.

Sorry if I'm just being dumb and it's my computer, so ignore the hype if so.

The current version is 1.25.61

AH.. i see your screen shot is from a PC I was referring to the mac version...

• eleanorhan14eleanorhan14 Member Posts: 1

Great build

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited August 2016

@CodeWizard @ForumNinja

There are a couple of issues with custom collisions whilst not being bugs (more a counterintuitive way of working) might cause confusion for users.

Firstly custom collision shapes (CCS) don't work if the actor hasn't got an image applied to it, it's surprising how many times this catches me out even though I'm aware of the issue, I'll often throw an actor into a scene apply a CCS and watch as the actor simply passes through the other actor it was meant to collide with, or another actor passes through it.

The obvious thing to do - if your actor doesn't actually need an image (for example it might simply be a barrier that you don't need to see) - it to grab a small random image from somewhere and throw it onto the actor . . . and here's where we see the second issue, the image needs to be a perfect 1:1 square - regardless of the actor shape - otherwise you distort the CCS.

This is not a big deal, it's easy to work around (if you are aware of the issues) but if it was easy (at your end) to allow CCSs without the need to apply an image to the actor it might avoid some confusion.

• buildbuild Member, PRO Posts: 45

Where do we download it for windows?

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited August 2016

@ForumNinja We didn't get an update in a long time , can you tell us if we can expect a new update soon ?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

There's a new update coming, but it's involved a lot of rewriting of things and that threw up quite a few bugs that are being worked through.

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited August 2016

I don't understand this current direction of monthlong silence periods. If it wasn't for you @Armelline people could very well come to the conclusion that GameSalad closed their doors except for one person who keeps the forum and server running... (maybe that isn't too far from the truth) :(

Also I hate that there's still no support for google play services in sight. I hope we'll get at least some Android performance boosts in the near future - my newest game's performance on iPod Touch 5 (!) is great but on my new Oneplus 3 it stutters frequently which is annoying as hell. :s

@Hoodloc said:
    I don't understand this current direction of monthlong silence periods. If it wasn't for you @Armelline people could very well come to the conclusion that GameSalad closed their doors except for one person who keeps the forum and server running... (maybe that isn't too far from the truth) :(

Also I hate that there's still no support for google play services in sight. I hope we'll get at least some Android performance boosts in the near future - my newest game's performance on iPod Touch 5 (!) is great but on my new Oneplus 3 it stutters frequently which is annoying as hell. :s

Not sure I agree entirely. There have been fairly regular updates with some pretty substantial changes over the past year. The lack of communication definitely seems odd, but it's been less than 2 months since the last software release, which in the software world isn't a particularly long time.

I really do agree that not communicating regularly with their members is really missing a trick, though, as the community is a huge part of the value of GameSalad and they're letting it bleed away.

I'd not hold your breath for Google Play services, though. They've been pretty clear about that.

edited August 2016

@Armelline said:

Not sure I agree entirely. There have been fairly regular updates with some pretty substantial changes over the past year. The lack of communication definitely seems odd, but it's been less than 2 months since the last software release, which in the software world isn't a particularly long time.

I really do agree that not communicating regularly with their members is really missing a trick, though, as the community is a huge part of the value of GameSalad and they're letting it bleed away.

I'd not hold your breath for Google Play services, though. They've been pretty clear about that.

I know that the last update wasn't too long ago and that we had some really good updates in the past year but that is completely ignoring the context of the recent events at GameSalad.
    Maybe it's different for you since you seem to get some information but here's what's going through my head:

• nearly everybody who was working on the actual developer tools is gone
    • I have absolutely no clue who's actually working at GameSalad now
    • there is no roadmap and almost zero information on the current goals or achievements of the company
    • I have no way of knowing if GameSalad shuts its doors tomorrow or continues to exist
    • because we have to go through their servers to publish something everything we've created will go to waste if they close their doors (!!!)
    • although the last feature updates (before the recent events) were fantastic GameSalad is severely lacking (no google play services, terrible android performance, half-assed implementation of rewarded ads, no support for new smartphone features like force touch, more or less discontinued html5 export, no .exe) and there's no information about plans to change anything about that which feels like a dead end

I'm just one person and I have no idea about the sentiments of the rest of the community but for me there will be a point at which I'm no longer able to justify the money and time I'm putting into this tool and all of this silence is moving that point closer insanely fast.

@Hoodloc You make some fair points, I agree with you about the lack of communication.

That said, they've made it pretty clear that things like force touch aren't ever going to happen. That probably includes Google Play too. Not sure what's half arsed about reward ads, though? You can display a reward ad and be notified if the user watches it. Not really sure what more you want there :D

edited August 2016

@Armelline said:
    That said, they've made it pretty clear that things like force touch aren't ever going to happen. That probably includes Google Play too. Not sure what's half arsed about reward ads, though? You can display a reward ad and be notified if the user watches it. Not really sure what more you want there :D

I didn't know they've made that clear. Thanks for pointing that out. Makes me want to get away from GameSalad even faster.

You kinda described why rewarded ads are half-assed yourself there. You can display the ad and reward the player, that's it. You can neither check for an internet connection nor cache an add. You have to put a dead button in your game and hope for the best, that's awful. And don't get me started on the fact that we have to use the terrible pause behavior or change the scene to display advertisements.

Really not sure I agree with you regarding the reward ads, but it sounds like GameSalad really isn't the tool you're needing so it's all moot anyway.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

The reason i don't panic anymore cause they left us with a good build , so far it works great (except for android stuttering a bit). I was just asking for the next update cause im excited about the zoom feature and I hope snap to grid will be included :)

edited August 2016

@Armelline said:
    Really not sure I agree with you regarding the reward ads, but it sounds like GameSalad really isn't the tool you're needing so it's all moot anyway.

You sound annoyed, please don't feel forced to answer to my posts.

You're absolutely right in assuming that but before the restructuring GameSalad was developing to be the tool I need. That's why I'm posting in this thread, I want to know if GameSalad will be what I need at some point. By this I don't mean the fast implementation of everything I listed up there. I just want to know if professional developers are still part of the targeted customers.

@Hoodloc said:
    You sound annoyed, please don't feel forced to answer to my posts.

You're absolutely right in assuming that but before the restructuring GameSalad was developing to be the tool I need. That's why I'm posting in this thread, I want to know if GameSalad will be what I need at some point. That doesn't mean the fast implementation of everything I listed up there. I just want to know if professional developers are still part of the targeted customers.

Not at all annoyed. I think long-term Google Play is a possibility, but I'd not expect new phone features like force touch - their appeal is just too limited compared to other requested features. If the educational push they talked about is successful, I'd imagine they'll get some features like Google Play in, but there's been no mention (that I've seen anyway) of any current plan to tackle that.

Their last posts seemed to state that professional developers are still part of their targeted customers, but they weren't enough to keep the lights on and so their focus - at least for now - is on educational customers. The good news though is that almost everything they'd do to make the product better for educational customers will benefit normal developers too. Just not, right now, mobile specific features like Google Play. Only GameSalad can tell you for sure, though, and as you point out they're being pretty quiet right now.

As for HTML5, it's disappointing that they had a big push to improve it and then it got left to the wayside a bit, but hopefully that'll be something they improve as I imagine it's a big plus for educational use too.