New Release 1.25.61 is Available

124»

Comments

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

If they fix the stuttering and loading scene time + missaligned bug , i will be happy :)

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@freneticz said:
    If they fix the stuttering and loading scene time + missaligned bug , i will be happy :)

Agreed. By far the most important things holding GameSalad back, in my opion, are the stuttering (or general performance) and particularly loading times.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Does everyone experience the stuttering/performance issue on android ? or is it few games only ?

@Icebox said:
    Does everyone experience the stuttering/performance issue on android ? or is it few games only ?

Some games only.

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

@Armelline said:

@freneticz said:

Agreed. By far the most important things holding GameSalad back, in my opion, are the stuttering (or general performance) and particularly loading times.

can't agree more. Loading Scene Time is far more important from now on. Do the team get this?

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229

@Hoodloc said:

• because we have to go through their servers to publish something everything we've created will go to waste if they close their doors (!!!)

That's what keeps me up at night...that's the scariest part...
    And this is also why GS never had a chance at becoming a professional tool.
    No pro studios would sink time and cost into a game platform that relies on a dedicated proprietary publishing tool, for the specific reason @Hoodloc stated above.
    Not only the risk keeps bigger game studios away from the start but it destroys any chance of word to mouth/organic marketing and publicity that high profile game would generate, which in turn would bring in more game studios, amateurs, schools and memberships.
    This is the fundamental flaw in GS

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229

Then the second most crippling GS flaw is the LOADING TIME.
    NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!!!!

I WISH WE WOULD ERASE ALL FEATURE AND BUG FIX REQUESTS IN ORDER TO UNIFY AND PRESSURE FOR LOADING OPTIMIZATION ONCE FOR ALL!!!!!!

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

I agree with @blob and @Hoodloc with the disappointing trail that Gamesalad has been walking down.

However, I've been so disappointed that I was looking for other venues to program, and that's when I realized my appreciation for Gamesalad. Idk if the other engines have too much customization or too many options, but every time I try to learn another I am fairly overwhelmed....not to mention coding is vastly different.

Idk if I've been spoiled by learning programming on GS, and I know it's an oxymoron, but the ease of GS just makes it so frustrating lol With the attributes, tables, and easy rules it's very hard for me to move to anything else right now...

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Any news on the next build lately? I know it hasnt been that long, but would love to hear how it's going.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• hansdrumhansdrum Member, PRO Posts: 22

In "About" it says I have V 1.25.5977.17285, copyright 2007-2015
    I have a pro subscription and it seems there isnt a way to update. When Downloading from GS and starting the file it opens the creator directly...

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

@hansdrum said:
    I have a pro subscription and it seems there isnt a way to update. When Downloading from GS and starting the file it opens the creator directly...

@build had the same issue where he was as updated as possible and his version was still different than mine and @Armelline and Build's custom collisions weren't working... No clue why there would be separate versions for different people

@NNterprises said:

@hansdrum said:

@build had the same issue where he was as updated as possible and his version was still different than mine and @Armelline and Build's custom collisions weren't working... No clue why there would be separate versions for different people

@build was somehow accidentally using an unreleased development build, it looked like, and he needed to downgrade. It seems @hansdrum does too. I know @ForumNinja was looking into it but I don't know what the result was.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@ForumNinja Please confirm if you will look into androids performance? its been there for a while , I unpublished my game on google play and i dont plan to publish games for android with GS, the performance is not that good. I get some stuttering , and the game goes slow every few seconds. I do realise that some games stutter and some don't , but it is still a problem that occured with recent builds. Will this be fixed soon ? I remember code wizard mentioned he was going to look into it a while ago and didn't get any reply since.

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

Updates seem to be very slow. Gamesalad needs to hire more people to push the engine into next level.

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

Thank you for the update. I found the iOS version to be a better one than the PC. Just wondering if I need to manually update the software or is it automatic? Thanks.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@NKBDL said:
    Thank you for the update. I found the iOS version to be a better one than the PC. Just wondering if I need to manually update the software or is it automatic? Thanks.

When you launch GS you will be told if there is a new update. You can choose to do it then or ignore it... but many of us don't jump in too quickly. Go to your Applications folder, find GS and append the current version number after the file name e.g.: 1_25_61 (use underscore or dashes, not periods.) Then download the newer version from the GS website, which won't have any version number appended to it. Then add the version number before you open it.

Before you open one of your projects duplicate it and append the new version number, lets say 1_27_0. Do this because sometimes projects created with, or modified with, the newer version can no longer be opened in an older version.

If you find that you have any problems running your projects on the newer version you can revert to using the previous one with your older files.

A lot of trouble? Not really, it will take you 2 minutes or less, but save you a lot of grief. ;)