State of GameSalad on 11-13-2017

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

@adent42 Any chance of getting export compliance "No" option added to the build's Info.plist while you're at these things? Nothing urgent, would just be nice to not have to confirm it each build, adding a step to the process.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

@Armelline said:
    @adent42 Any chance of getting export compliance "No" option added to the build's Info.plist while you're at these things? Nothing urgent, would just be nice to not have to confirm it each build, adding a step to the process.

+10 to this!

edited November 2017

@adent42 said:
    @Jasper I just pushed a publishing update, give it a shot. It should include the key with a listing for both armv7 and arm64.

@adent42 - Appreciate the quick fix! - Well, no issues submitting with Apploader, BUT...

...STILL not appearing in my test builds in iTunes Connect after what, an hour? possibly Apple's fault, or possibly iTunes is unhappy with the build for some other reason?

Will post if it appears in my testflight builds list, but I'm pessimistic about it after this long?...

Also deffo appears to have already uploaded - re-submitting the same version returns this:-

Ahh...

"Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Courier Chaos!". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Missing Info.plist value - A value for the Info.plist key 'CFBundleIconName' is missing in the bundle 'com.japsterscavern.parcelmonkey'. Apps built with iOS 11 or later SDK must supply app icons in an asset catalog and must also provide a value for this Info.plist key. For more information see http://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev10510b1f7.

Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team"

Close, but still no cigar... :wink:

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited November 2017

@adent42 said:
    @Japster sorry about that, I just pushed an update to the publishing server that properly sets the min version to 8.0, which is what the build targets (required by the latest Xcode).

You will need to reload the publishing page for the app to see the update, but after that, just publish again.

Still getting this error. Page has been re-loaded. Edit: I pushed to iPad then tried iOS universal again and this error stopped. The one below persists, though.

Also getting

ERROR ITMS-90503: "Invalid Bundle. Apps that have 'arm64' in the list of UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities in Info.plist must only contain the arm64 slice."

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

ERROR ITMS-90503: "Invalid Bundle. Apps that have 'arm64' in the list of UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities in Info.plist must only contain the arm64 slice."

Im getting the above error too

• harper_aimee@ymail.comharper_aimee@ymail.com Member, PRO Posts: 3

Hey I'm trying to upload a new version of my app to iTunes and I'm getting this email from iTunes when all has gone through "Missing Info.plist value - A value for the Info.plist key 'CFBundleIconName' is missing in the bundle 'com.RomeeApps.SantaSanta'. Apps built with iOS 11 or later SDK must supply app icons in an asset catalog and must also provide a value for this Info.plist key."

I have no idea how to fix it, all discussions online are focused around Xcode coding but obviously that's not the same with gamesalad !

Please help me !

• John blackJohn black Member Posts: 3

I'm still using on a good iphone

• megumimegumi Member, PRO Posts: 14

I'm getting the same error as Phamtastic when I try to submit an app via iTunes.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Cheers

edited November 2017

@megumi said:
    I'm getting the same error as Phamtastic when I try to submit an app via iTunes.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Cheers

Nope, no solution until GS fix it I'm guessing.... sigh.... coming up to 2 month's of wasted time for me now, if it's gonna take a week to get a fix now Thanksgiving's come around...

It's why I'm not even remotely excited or interested in the game jams etc... a month's Pro isn't a lot to walk away with (TBH, I personally feel it's a REALLY low amount to give to incite any kind of serious development from people who are already stressed and waaaaay behind on stuff given the current state of GS), especially given:-

(a) it has to be done in the web creator (maybe as Creator publishing's now completely broken atm? :wink: ) - ...and...

(b) when the current situation means we're ALL ALREADY losing out far more than that paltry month 'prize', while awaiting OS compatibility, publishing, and revenue repair fixes.

This update was to partially restore ads functionality (hopefully), but at present we no longer even have a working publishing portal.... arghh...

Seriously peed off again now - whilst I really did appreciate @adent42 's hard work to try and get us a fix asap, I didn't really expect us all to be in this situation (unable to publish or testflight stuff) until Thanksgiving's over.... :frowning:

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited November 2017

@Japster said:
    Nope, no solution until GS fix it I'm guessing.... sigh.... coming up to 2 month's of wasted time for me now, if it's gonna take a week to get a fix now Thanksgiving's come around...
    ... people who are already stressed and waaaaay behind on stuff given the current state of GS), especially given:-

(a) it has to be done in the web creator (maybe as Creator publishing's now completely broken atm? :wink: ) - ...and...

(b) when the current situation means we're ALL ALREADY losing out far more than that paltry month 'prize', while awaiting OS compatibility, publishing, and revenue repair fixes.

This update was to partially restore ads functionality (hopefully), but at present we no longer even have a working publishing portal.... arghh...

Hear, here!

I think every Pro member deserves to two months Pro membership, or more, as compensation commencing from when Creator is fixed and fully functional.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

people with the arm64 error, which target are you using? I though I fixed it based on previous input, but looks like no.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

Also, working on an update. This time to make sure we have all the icons/images for this update. This next release should also have Revmob 10 SDK update for iOS too.

@adent42 said:
    people with the arm64 error, which target are you using? I though I fixed it based on previous input, but looks like no.

Hi @adent42 - thanks for the faster-than-anticipated response! - I'm using iOS universal, as suggested?...

I could try the other 2 iOS options, but tbh, as you say, I only tend to use Universal, so I've not even set up the other 2 dedicated target iOS options, and don't want to face manually setting the other 2, building etc, just to test this (I find new platform creation in the portal more work/daunting than it should be, that the common information/settings aren't able to be copied across to a new platform target, instead of manually re-doing every single one... :frowning: - ie. - having them brought across / duplicated from an existing target (orientation, loading wheel, and screenshots (maybe with a re-size option to help with the work making a fresh set of images to allow quick publishing to the new platform)

But I digress...

Yep, iOS Universal, cheers... :smile:

• JaimeCCJaimeCC Member, PRO Posts: 17
    edited November 2017

Hi,
    same issue here. Not being able to upload iOS Universal builds. Application Loader rejecting with these errors:

After following @adent42 suggestion to re-load the GS building page, the 8.0 issue is solved, but the following error is then pointed by iTunes:

_Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Maths Loops lite: Times Tables". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Missing Info.plist value - A value for the Info.plist key 'CFBundleIconName' is missing in the bundle 'com.applicationcraft.appfc9e5f2e346547d98c67466c537a9875'. Apps built with iOS 11 or later SDK must supply app icons in an asset catalog and must also provide a value for this Info.plist key. For more information see http://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev10510b1f7.

Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team _

@adent42 I first received it targeting iOS universal, so I built again using iPad, and received it there too.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

What is the cause of this problem? I didn't receive this error with iOS Universal, just I prefer not to publish with splash screen issue.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

I'm still getting this error while building for iOS Universal

The cause is a mismatch. We're building with the latest Xcode and targeting arm64. BUT if you haven't refreshed your publishing page, your binary is automatically set to 7.0 as the minimum version and not 8.0 as required.

So to get the correct update, you'll need to:

1) Go to the publishing page for your game.
    2) Click on iOS universal, so that the platform config is showing.
    3) Click "Refresh" on the page so that is says 8.0 instead of 7.0 for the minimum OS version.

You will need to have published with a version 1.25 build for this to work. I took yesterday off with family, hopefully, I'll have something up before Monday for you all.

Cheers and I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

@adent42 said:
    The cause is a mismatch. We're building with the latest Xcode and targeting arm64. BUT if you haven't refreshed your publishing page, your binary is automatically set to 7.0 as the minimum version and not 8.0 as required.

So to get the correct update, you'll need to:

1) Go to the publishing page for your game.
    2) Click on iOS universal, so that the platform config is showing.
    3) Click "Refresh" on the page so that is says 8.0 instead of 7.0 for the minimum OS version.

A little confused. Are these steps supposed to fix both problems? As they fixed the 7.0 warning, but not the arm64 slice warning. Or do they only refer to the 7.0 issue? Thanks!

I believe it only fixed the 7.0 issue and not the issue below:

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229
    edited November 2017

While It warms my heart to see @ForumNinja paying attention to @Two.E valid suggestions, as well as @adent42 not only trying to fix this overdue mess but also being really active and communicative on the forum this past week. ( I actually feel a bit sorry for him rushing thru dark code, past deadline, on his own, while doing his own PR.).. :'( However, when deadline approached and nothing was fix, you guys chose to focus your extremely small and valuable resources on the Webtool version, instead of focusing 100% on the Ad SDKs, deadlines and needed updates for iPhones X, you actively materialized your own doom!
    Bad resource management!
    But Thank you nevertheless, I'm still rooting for you guys 2000%.

(GS is like the messy uncle who's got lots of issues at the thanksgiving table, He's frustrating and annoying but you still love him. <3
    Man! If he could only get sober this dude would be president!)

• celta15celta15 Member Posts: 19

@blob said:
    :'( However, when a deadline approaches and nothing is fix, you guys chose to focus your extremely small and valuable resources on the Webtool version, instead of focusing 100% on the Ad SDKs, deadlines and needed updates, you actively materialized your own doom!

But Thank you nevertheless, I'm still rooting for you guys 2000%.

(GS is like the messy uncle who's got lots of issues at the thanksgiving table, He's frustrating and annoying but you still love him. <3
    Man! If he could only get sober this dude would be president!

Agree 100% with you man

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@blob and @celta15

How do you think Trump got where he is?

...the messy uncle who's got lots of issues at the thanksgiving table, he's frustrating and annoying.

:D

• celta15celta15 Member Posts: 19

@PhilipCC

@PhilipCC said:
    @blob and @celta15

How do you think Trump got where@celta15

:D Hahaha

• nobackswingnobackswing Member, PRO Posts: 9

@Armelline said:

excellent idea, this would be really helpful.

• rico240rico240 Member, PRO Posts: 32

Any updates on the Arm64 error? This is upsetting because everything worked fine for me last week on Xcode 9.1 too & I didn't update to high sierra.

• KAJAMstudiosKAJAMstudios Member, PRO Posts: 27

Any updates? Trying to publish an app but it's giving me the same error..