State of GameSalad on 11-13-2017

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

@phamtastic please PM me your project's publishing link.

• Thai A XongThai A Xong Member, PRO Posts: 5
    edited December 2017

is the icon fixed yet?.... i dont want my app get rejected again. The icon of my game show in loader still GS icon?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

@Thai A Xong the icon should be fixed. If you want to be sure, test the app on iOS 11.

FYI we tracked down a nasty problem causing problematic iOS builds. Just hit generate again if you were having problems earlier!

• JaimeCCJaimeCC Member, PRO Posts: 17

Hi,

For all of you that manage localization of the app based on the device->platform->language parameter, iOS11 & Gamesalad bring a new issue.

Under iOS 11, [NSLocale currentLocale] only returns languages supported by your app's localizations. If your app only supports English (as the base localization), then no matter what language the user selects on the device, currentLocale will always return English.

Under iOS 10 and earlier, currentLocale would directly represent the user's chosen language and region, regardless of what localizations your app supports.

And i'm afraid that the builds made with GS only set English as supported language. We need a selector in the building page to set all the supported languages of our app... Otherwise, all localization within the app based on the language of the device is just useless.
    Or any workaround for that?

Cheers

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@JaimeCC said:
    Hi,

For all of you that manage localization of the app based on the device->platform->language parameter, iOS11 & Gamesalad bring a new issue.

Under iOS 11, [NSLocale currentLocale] only returns languages supported by your app's localizations. If your app only supports English (as the base localization), then no matter what language the user selects on the device, currentLocale will always return English.

Under iOS 10 and earlier, currentLocale would directly represent the user's chosen language and region, regardless of what localizations your app supports.

And i'm afraid that the builds made with GS only set English as supported language. We need a selector in the building page to set all the supported languages of our app... Otherwise, all localization within the app based on the language of the device is just useless.
    Or any workaround for that?

Cheers

Maybe a new post with this issue might help alert more people to this important issue?

edited December 2017

@JaimeCC so I wasn't able to reproduce locally. Can you let me know the language you are using and iOS version?

I'm running on iOS 11.0.3. I made a simple project that prints the language.

When I'm in english, it prints en. When set my phone to spanish, it prints es.

Now it could be because I'm running from a development build, but that seems weird. I want to see if different language combos effect this, or if I need to test via a release build.

PM me the details, then we can get back to the thread with the result.

@JamieCC nm, I see it now. It is different on the final build than the debug build.

• celta15celta15 Member Posts: 19

@adent42 said:
    FYI, build is up. No need to upgrade, just republish with a 1.25 release.

We've updated the iPhone and Universal builds only because those are the only ones that needed repositioning, not because of usage stats or anything (this scramble is largely because of the iPhone X). It's simply a logistics thing. The iPad target will be updated soon, I just wanted to get this sub-release out ASAP.

So again here's the schedule (as in order, not in release dates):

1. RevMob 10 iOS Update + iPad updated to new Admob 7.26
    2. Chartboost, Tapdaq iOS Update to whatever.
    3. Android updates for all SDKs.

If someone would like to put out a poll, I can release the Android updates as completed based on popularity, though I'm assuming the order will be something like: Admob, RevMob, Chartboost, Tapdaq.

>

@celta15 said:
    @adent42 For what day do you think Admob and Tapdaq SDK updates for Android will be ready?

@adent42 said:
    no idea, I'm just doing it one pant leg at a time. I'm hoping it will all be done by mid Dec.

Hi @adent42

• Are you still in step # 1?
    • How are you doing with the problems with iOS?

regards

@celta15
    I think the iOS 11 / iPhone X problems are solved.
    Revmob 10 is out for iOS (iOS Uni, iPhone, iPad).

Because of a new problem is icons, I was not able to update the ad networks.

@JamieCC, @Toque it's now possible to set the list of languages you have localized. It's a new text entry box and you just need to enter a comma separated list of ISO 639-1 codes (2 letter language codes).

Enjoy!

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@adent42 said:
    @JamieCC, @Toque it's now possible to set the list of languages you have localized. It's a new text entry box and you just need to enter a comma separated list of ISO 639-1 codes (2 letter language codes).

Enjoy!

Thanks!

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Has anyone been able to get a RevMob reward ad to show?

• megumimegumi Member, PRO Posts: 14

Thanks Gamesalad for fixing all the errors including the icon problem. Everything seems to be working beautifully now.

• JaimeCCJaimeCC Member, PRO Posts: 17

@adent42 said:

Enjoy!

Thanks @adent42

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

So you need to set a 1024x1024 Icon in GS Publisher?

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited December 2017

@Armelline said:
    Has anyone been able to get a RevMob reward ad to show?

This sounds ominous... Will try that later today, but my Admob one from my build last night certainly isn't showing... :frowning:

After @Armelline posted, I ran a build with a test ID. It took a few tries, but it did show up. Basically it takes a bit for the ad video to cache. I haven't tested with "real" ads yet, but at least the basic code for the update works.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited December 2017

Did anyone test in-app purchase with new build? All of my iaps stuck in ''Pending''

PurchaseTable( x,5) always in ''pending'' , after you trigger the buy-item behaviour on TestFlight

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

@adent42 Can confirm, a test ad just showed up. Took about 10 tries but one eventually did, and it registered it as viewed once the ad finished. Back to testing with a real game!

@adent42 said:
    After @Armelline posted, I ran a build with a test ID. It took a few tries, but it did show up. Basically it takes a bit for the ad video to cache. I haven't tested with "real" ads yet, but at least the basic code for the update works.

Thanks @adent42 - that's great news! - and thanks again for all of your hard work recently!... :smile:

@Japster said:
    Thanks @adent42 - that's great news! - and thanks again for all of your hard work recently!... :smile:

Seconded!

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Thirded!

p.s. do i need to remove the alpha corners from my app icons from now on?

@smurfted said:
    p.s. do i need to remove the alpha corners from my app icons from now on?

Looks like you do, yes.

@smurfted I remember seeing somewhere that apple will add rounding to the image, so plan for them anyway, just also be ready for your icons to look okay as squares too.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@unbeatenpixel said:
    Did anyone test in-app purchase with new build? All of my iaps stuck in ''Pending''

PurchaseTable( x,5) always in ''pending'' , after you trigger the buy-item behaviour on TestFlight

and they act like unconsumable, although they are not.

I can give you the project file, if you want to have a look at it @adent42

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@unbeatenpixel said:

@unbeatenpixel said:

and they act like unconsumable, although they are not.

I can give you the project file, if you want to have a look at it @adent42

I noticed something similar the other day too with my consumables. I will test again, but sounds like it may be a bug @adent42

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

@unbeatenpixel - I'm getting the same issue with IAP.
    @adent42 - Is this being worked on?

I had to pop off for a day and do some website stuff. We're able to reproduce the problem and we're looking into it.

edited December 2017

@adent42 said:
    I had to pop off for a day and do some website stuff. We're able to reproduce the problem and we're looking into it.

Well, if it cheers you up @adent42 (it's certainly cheered me up!), RevMob (although not Admob), is now FINALLY WORKING in iOS for me! - same build, re-published, working as expected - now getting "1" and "revmob" back as expected, on a successful reward video viewing! - appreciate your hard work on this mate.... :smiley: