HTML5 Publishing!

Comments

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

I have to give up using HTML5 for now, as the lack of proper sound support is a big problem for me, as well as the way it detected "Is Actor X Overlapping Actor Y" does not work the same way, and also the way it calculates Angular Velocity is different to the normal creator viewer, all just making it impossible for me to deal with it for now.

Would love if these things got fixed up ASAP. But it doesn't seem like any of these things are being noted or addressed. So... just have to give up for now. Bummer.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

Noted, just not addressed (sorry, again, limited resources).

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@Hymloe said:
    I have to give up using HTML5 for now, as the lack of proper sound support is a big problem for me, as well as the way it detected "Is Actor X Overlapping Actor Y" does not work the same way, and also the way it calculates Angular Velocity is different to the normal creator viewer, all just making it impossible for me to deal with it for now.

Would love if these things got fixed up ASAP. But it doesn't seem like any of these things are being noted or addressed. So... just have to give up for now. Bummer.

Come on dude. Ardent 42 has been very clear he is working on this as he can. Everyone around here wants everything all at once. They are working on the loading times issue and others that many people want. Everyday I read the forum there is a new feature request and they want it now. That is not going to happen as there are only a few people coding. They logged the problems and will work on the. As time allows. Can we all chill out a bit.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

yes +1 on loading times

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

Lets assume that Im assuming that youre giving us everything we have ever wanted with HTML5 Publishing. So what am i not getting?

@FINNBOGG said:
    Lets assume that Im assuming that youre giving us everything we have ever wanted with HTML5 Publishing. So what am i not getting?

I'm not sure I understand your question?

I mean. So we are getting .exe. Do we get to
    Make what ever resolution we want? Do we get to make .dmg?

So this is about windows publishing? Why did you mention html?

Html5 publishing.

edited November 2015

Html 5 publishing I thought is self explanatory..lol the abilty to publish games in a format that can be embeded on a website. There are lots of reasons for this. Have a game in web format gives total cross platform ability. You could create and sell little games for a company's promotions and such. Not sure of your point or question. An exe is a windows executable file a dmg is a mac disk image. That has no relation to the html 5 format.

Screen Size Restriction?

edited November 2015

You can resize the game when you embed it in the webpage. See the notes inside the iframe html file or see my video on html

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

FYI, i merged the network behaviors into the main engine along with another fix. So no need to rename the experimental engine now. I also fixed a bug where expressions were not being evaluated for the Open URL behavior. Today I need to focus on improving the performance of our auth server some (you all like us, you really, really like us!). But I'm hoping to have some time set aside for an HTML5 engine bug or two (likely just one, but you never know).

Good stuff @adent42 :)

• Machinist AppsMachinist Apps Member, PRO Posts: 65

@adent42 - When I publish to either Arcade or HTML5 I'm no longer able to use the 10 key number pad on my keyboard. (This includes numbers & + - / * symbols). Is there a way around this?

• traceur93traceur93 Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2015

Hi guys!

Anyone knows if I can integrate this Newgrounds API on my code:

"Create a new Newgrounds Game Project
    Download NG.min.js, the minified Javascript library.
    Put this at the end of your index.html page:

In your main Javascript file, call NG.connect like this:
    NG.connect(YOUR_API_ID,YOUR_ENCRYPTION_KEY);
    Shake your cursor like it's dancing, coz you're done! :D"

You can find this instruction at this link:

newgrounds.com/projects/games/646548/preview

Where I have to put this file (NG.min.js)?
    And what is my main Javascript file (it's gse-export.js?)?

Thank you guys!

Federico

Also, this week was mostly working on the new gift card page for the holidays! https://gamesalad.com/gift

But I was able to fix one bug in the engine, as well as get a feel for how the engine's scene graph works.

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1081

This fix means the engine now respects changes in actor visibility based on the visibility graphics aspect. Before, if the actor started invisible and then was switched to visible, it would never come back. Now if you change actor visibility dynamically, it will respect the change and render the actor again (or hide it).

I think the next HTML5 Friday I will look at the table update notification related bugs.

Great stuff.

• traceur93traceur93 Member Posts: 44

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Ok, but I have a question: What is my "main javascript file"?

newgrounds.com/projects/games/646548/preview

Newgrounds asks me to insert a script in that file but I don't know which is that file.

Federico

edited December 2015

@traceur93 You can do work on sample-index.html in the javascript tags in there.

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779
    edited December 2015

Has anybody tried out using mobile ads in their html5 game? I got it working a few days ago, by just adding the javascript that the service provides, into the body portion of the html file, tested it on my device, boom, ads show up. I used leadbolt, tried both stretch and banner ads. Theres huge potential for self-publishing.

Right now I'm looking for a service that provides desktop ads along with mobile, rather than just the latter. I'm guessing google adsense might work for both.

I haven't tried it yet, but you would probably be able to use the html functions adent implemented, such as for scene change, to have those ads display during that time frame, or with the show banner behavior.

https://help.gamesalad.com/knowledge-base/does-the-html5-engine-have-any-apis-i-can-interact-with/

Just deployed a quick fix: http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1390 Basically particle direction in relation to a rotated actor was wonky. This has been fixed for HTML5 and Arcade. Will be pushing a Tizen fix shortly.

Okay, so here is the list of HTML5 bug I'm working off of (and one that's not on there is a fix to how the tables need to notify behaviors of updates).

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=IN_PROGRESS&component=HTML5&product=Engine&query_format=advanced&resolution=---

If you don't see your bug on there, then I'm not going to be fixing it (because I won't remember that it's something that needs fixing). So please submit bugs you find!

Remember, when reporting bugs please provide the following:

1. Example project.
    2. A description of expected behavior
    3. A description of actual (flawed) behavior.

Thanks!

• Machinist AppsMachinist Apps Member, PRO Posts: 65

@adent42 said:
    Okay, so here is the list of HTML5 bug I'm working off of (and one that's not on there is a fix to how the tables need to notify behaviors of updates).

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=IN_PROGRESS&component=HTML5&product=Engine&query_format=advanced&resolution=---

If you don't see your bug on there, then I'm not going to be fixing it (because I won't remember that it's something that needs fixing). So please submit bugs you find!

Remember, when reporting bugs please provide the following:

1. Example project.
    2. A description of expected behavior
    3. A description of actual (flawed) behavior.

Thanks!

Bug 1502 added :smile:

For my information:

How does one test their HTML5 version of a game, on their web host, without it keeping their previous session data?

How do I clear out my session data?

I'm having bugs, and other issues related to just trying to "start a fresh game".

edited December 2015

FYI: This seems to work well!

I use an "Incognito" tab in Chrome, and that seems to load up your game as if it's a fresh start, which is handy.

I've added sample projects to 3 of the bugs.

Also, on Windows in Chrome, my project doesn't have "American Typewriter" at all. It appears as some sort of default Arial or something.

Shouldn't "American Typewriter" also appear in GS projects when viewed on HTML5 in the browser on Windows?? (Whether it's on the local systems' font collection, or not)...