State of GameSalad on 11-13-2017

Comments

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@ryanb4257 said:
    EDIT: had posted a question about the icon but just saw the notice at the top of the publishing portal that it won't display properly (and I also scrolled up in the thread). This means that it won't display properly on iOS 11 if submitted and released, right?

@megumi said:
    Hi, submitted my app to iTunes without any errors, but then I noticed the icon showing for the app at iTunes is the Gamesalad icon. This is the only error that I am experiencing at the moment. Thanks Gamesalad for fixing the other arm64 errors and I hope this latest error can also be resolved soon.

Yeah they are working on it now, in the mean time if you are feeling ambitious you can attempt to manually correct this issue by doing as @adent42 said above:

If you're impatient, you'll need to cobble something together based on these three item:

Use this tool to generate the Asset Catalog bundle: http://raphaelhanneken.github.io/iconizer/

Then use the information in this link to compile the Asset Catalog bundle into an >Assets.car file
    https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/42719

Then download your app file and drop that Assets.car over the one in your app. >Manually sign the app, possibly with this handy tool:
    https://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

I hit a wall in the approach I was taking today in order to get this running, so it's unlikely I'll have a solution until tomorrow, in case you were wondering.

In the mean time, let me know if any of you are interested in the manual option.

If so, I can at least generate the Assets.xcassets in the .app file so you don't need to use Iconizer... otherwise, I'll spend my time getting plan B running.

• TaigoTaigo Member, PRO Posts: 16

@adent42 said:
    I hit a wall in the approach I was taking today in order to get this running, so it's unlikely I'll have a solution until tomorrow, in case you were wondering.

In the mean time, let me know if any of you are interested in the manual option.

If so, I can at least generate the Assets.xcassets in the .app file so you don't need to use Iconizer... otherwise, I'll spend my time getting plan B running.

I am interested. I need to put a game update running tomorrow.

• ryanb4257ryanb4257 Member Posts: 24

@adent42 said:

It'll be highly preferable for me to release the update for my game tomorrow, I'm interested in this as well if it's not too late.

• dyoh777dyoh777 Member, PRO Posts: 27

Definitely interested too especially because of the Assets.xcassets piece, I have zero troubles with the rest

• I am waiting for the solution, cause i am not capable to apply the manual one.
    Please @adent42, i know you work hard to find a solution but we need it asap.

Thank you .

• JaimeCCJaimeCC Member, PRO Posts: 17

Thanks @adent42 for your commitment to solve this issue.
    Waiting for the GS buiding page to recover 100% functionality.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

I got the answers too late (had an event last evening). So I'm gonna just try to get the full solution out there.

Understood, thanks for the offer though!

• TaigoTaigo Member, PRO Posts: 16

If you're impatient, you'll need to cobble something together based on these three item:

Use this tool to generate the Asset Catalog bundle: http://raphaelhanneken.github.io/iconizer/

Then use the information in this link to compile the Asset Catalog bundle into an Assets.car file
    https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/42719

Then download your app file and drop that Assets.car over the one in your app. Manually sign the app, possibly with this handy tool:
    https://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/

I'm so sorry, the result isn't better at this point, but as you can see, we're working hard to chip away at the problems.

Thanks for your patience! I'm gonna get some sleep now.

I can't follow these steps. Any idea when we will have the publishing problem solved?

I've just run through the whole process using our QA servers and it's looking good. By tomorrow afternoon (I want to say tonight, but with my luck, I'm not) I should have things up and running.

Fingers crossed!

• ryanb4257ryanb4257 Member Posts: 24

Thank you so much @adent42!

• megumimegumi Member, PRO Posts: 14

Thanks @adent42 for all your hard work in trying to fix this problem. We really appreciate it.

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229
    edited December 2017

EDIT by @adent42: This was a long post critiquing the new web interface. There's some good stuff, but since some people are looking for updates related to the new build here, I though I'd just link to a dedicated thread: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/95806/no-no-no-and-no#latest

Okay, for everyone looking for the Icon publishing update, I've got it up and running. It was done quickly, so there may be some duct tape and bubble gum in there, but I was able to get a couple of successful publishes through. Please give it a shot and PM me if you have any issues!

Awesome, testing now!

maybe it's just taking longer than usual, but they don't seem to be generating on the iphone build...

edited December 2017

@dyoh777 PM your publishing link and I'll see what's up

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

I'm getting the follow error when generating the new iOS build:

edited December 2017

@phamtastic unless you've published fine with that exact same build before, that's usually not icon related. Basically follow the instructions in the error to fix it. If you're doing a manual publish, I'd also check your zip file... it looks like you have some extra stuff in there

@dyoh777 thanks for the shoutout, I was able to find a problem with our code based on your project. You have a couple of publishes in the pipeline though, so wait for the last one to finish.

@Adent - this is the exact same build I've published before and never seen these errors until now.

@phamtastic PM a publishing link and I'll take a look.

• rico240rico240 Member, PRO Posts: 32
    edited December 2017

@adent42 beastmode! thank you! Saved the week big time! I get a error from application loader something about the icon cannot contain alpha but the build still goes thru (assuming I just can't have a transparent icon on GS server will fix that). My icon appears again in TestFlight & the phone too!

@rico240 yah, apple has changed the requirements for icons. In theory they say you can have an alpha channel in the image, but you can't have any transparent areas on the icon itself.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@adent42 said:
    @rico240 yah, apple has changed the requirements for icons. In theory they say you can have an alpha channel in the image, but you can't have any transparent areas on the icon itself.

Still, no loading image on iPad Mini(non-retina) / iOS 9.3.5 @adent42

Besides that, everything looks fine on AdHoc.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

Aaand ... the icon server is down... checking with the host now

edited December 2017

Icon server is back up. Consider turning off Resolution Independence and republishing if you're in a hurry and have a game with lots of images. There aren't that many 1x devices left, so it shouldn't impact load time for most of your users.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited December 2017

@adent42 said:
    Consider turning off Resolution Independence

Does someone still use that? :hushed:

Maybe time to remove that option from the publishing portal (as well as the glossy icon thingy)?

@adent42 - I'm still getting server error (see below):