State of GameSalad on 11-13-2017

1234568»

Comments

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@Japster Woo!

@supafly129 @unbeatenpixel I was able to get the same IAP issues as you guys with my test project on our side, so we shouldn't need any projects from you guys. We'll keep you posted as we have more info on fixes.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Hmm i got rejected on a FireTV app with the IAP problem(iap was non con but act as cons) a while ago...

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

iOS IAP should be fixed now. Cheers.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Cool!

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

@adent42 - Awesome!!! Thanks for the quick turn around and will be testing this out right now.

@phamtastic said:
    will be testing this out right now

Let us know how it works!

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

Functionally the IAP is working correctly for my game.

The only issue I'm still seeing is graphically, it's not displaying some of the images in my shop.

See screenshot below comparing the build running on Gamesalad and on iPhone 7s

Gamesalad:

iPhone 7:

Anyone else seeing something similar?

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited December 2017

@adent42 said:
    iOS IAP should be fixed now. Cheers.

Nope nope nope, this is the most messed up version I have ever seen.

Some videos about new and old bugs;

1- Double purchasing(most important new bug, I think)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dcn6r87z85kvus/2iap_sametime.mp4?dl=0

Current Gold: 1300 Purchase: 600

Result: 3150 = 1300 + Product1(600) + Product2(1250)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yhh9nn4zex16ys/2iap_2.mp4?dl=0

Current Gold: 50 Purchase: 1250

Result: 1900 = 50 + Product2(1250) + Product1(600)

2- I touch product4, it triggers product1(?) + that one stucks in ''pending status'' forever.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkzp6ztokkqf5tq/trigger_different_iap.mp4?dl=0

3- Still consumable act like unconsumable(sometimes).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gp5ncifwtm82gk/actlikeunconsumable.mp4?dl=0

Same build, I didn't change anything.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• BinnyBinny Seoul, KoreaMember, PRO Posts: 75

Thank you for quick fix!

• celta15celta15 Member Posts: 19

@adent42 said:
    @celta15
    I think the iOS 11 / iPhone X problems are solved.
    Revmob 10 is out for iOS (iOS Uni, iPhone, iPad).

Because of a new problem is icons, I was not able to update the ad networks.

@adent42 Ok, I will be waiting for the updates of Admob, Tapdaq Sdk and IAP on Android needs the new SDK as well.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    edited December 2017

@unbeatenpixel can you send a link to your publishing page in to intercom so the team can take a look?

We didn't change any of the IAP code, I just needed to add a certificate file back into the build to "fix" the issue. After that, we just did a basic purchase and things seemed to work as expected.

So if there are problems, my guess is there are some timing changes in iOS 11 that means either behaviors will need to be adjusted or we'll have to make some changes on when/how we update the table. An example project will be a big help!

@adent42 said:
    @unbeatenpixel can you send a link to your publishing page in to intercom so the team can take a look?

We didn't change any of the IAP code, I just needed to add a certificate file back into the build to "fix" the issue. After that, we just did a basic purchase and things seemed to work as expected.

So if there are problems, my guess is there are some timing changes in iOS 11 that means either behaviors will need to be adjusted or we'll have to make some changes on when/how we update the table. An example project will be a big help!

Sure, I sent you a PM.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

@adent42 Can you please send me a PM with the latest build? It would be much easier if you made it publicly available here.

Any news? @adent42

Yeah, some info would be great. Even if it's just: "Still working on it, not 100% sure about ETA."

• ewballewball Member, PRO Posts: 3

I am using build 1.25.81. You indicated that adding a new attribute would make all the attributes show up. That did happen in the general attribute window. However, in my app I have attributes that are needed for the background of each scene. When I open the background images for a scene, the attributes are not there and I get a message that the attributes needed are not available and the data is missing from the rules function. I can't make them appear by adding a new attribute. But even if I could make them appear, the needed attributes are already gone and would have to be re-entered. So I guess I'll have to keep waiting on another build. Thanks for your persistence.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited December 2017

Guys, while we're in a thread about the state of Gamesalad - I've got to do some more testing, but I can absolutely, categorically state that build 1.25.80 (and probably 1.25.81 I guess), is REALLY laggy performance (to the point of being unable to properly test my game in it), when previewing compared to 1.25.73. I'm unsure yet if whatever's changed just affects previewing, or if it also affects the speed / engine in the target build?

I haven't the fastest gfx card at the moment, granted (although it's no slouch), but I'm seeing a MASSIVE (negative) difference in the speed / responsiveness - I'm talking down from 40-50 frames in the old .73 version, to about 10-15, 20 at a push, in .80...

BTW, I'm running dual quad-core 3.2Ghz Xeons, 32GB Ram, and an SSD - the 5770 card is the only potentially limiting factor, thought in .73 it was fine...

Luckily I've been able to still load my latest project BACK into .73, but obviously now I'm wondering what the hell's happened to Mac GS Creator's performance, and how that will leave me in terms of the latest fixes (not on HS yet, so at least I don't need that fix anyway...)

BTW - I've not touched my project, so it's nothing that's been introduced by me, and to reinforce the point - the project still loads and runs at full speed in 1.25.73, and slow as hell in 1.25.80....

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

I tried the updated web version , the error console killed it for me i have many places where i constrain and add "+ scene.camera.origin.x " and it gives me an error ,its really slow so i just turned everything off , previewed the game and i still get the nasty display text/ replicate bug which i reported 5 times before. I couldn't see a difference with the UI except for the On & Off which i think used to be better before by swiping a button, but that is just personal taste. The behaviours are still huge , and take all the logic stack space. Looking forward for the next update.
    PS: I don't like saying this , but time is everything for indie developers , it will take you ages to update and fix all the bugs , i hope you get more members and speed things up, you will eventually run out of battery :D appreciate all the hard work you put but at this rate we will wait years for good progress.