A Letter from the CEO

SFSF Member, Chef Emeritus Posts: 35
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
Hi everyone!

It’s great to finally have a voice in the GameSalad community and I look forward to having a regular dialogue with you all. Believe it or not, I try my best to read all of your posts (positive and critical) and we take everything into consideration in our mission to democratize game creation.

A little bit about myself – I’m passionate about the intersection of creativity, community and disruptive technologies, which is why GameSalad is such an exciting opportunity for me personally. Before GameSalad, I was chief operating officer at DigiSynd, Disney’s social media division, which helped the company grow its Facebook properties to over 100M fans. Before Disney, I worked in business development at Warner Bros. and various technology startups. My favorite GameSalad game has to be Secret of Grisly Manor, with Bumps and Danger Cats close behind.

Now that introductions are out of the way, I’d like to be clear about one thing: I believe in GameSalad. That’s why I came here. I believe GameSalad is revolutionary, and I think it has the power to transform the videogame industry. Why do I feel so certain about GameSalad’s success? That answer is easy – all of you!

As a company, we’ve made our fair share of mistakes, but please know that we care deeply about our community. We hear all your requests and feedback, and want nothing more to provide you with everything you need to make successful games. While we can’t give you everything you want today (trust me, I tried and annoyed a lot of our engineers in the process), we will do our best to prioritize your requests and give you more visibility into what’s coming down the pipeline. Some things we may need to play close to the vest, but trust me, there are some exciting things we’re going to unveil in the coming months that will be well worth the wait.

On behalf of the GameSalad team, I’d like to sincerely thank you all for being loyal members of the community and sticking with us as we mature as a company. As a token of our appreciation, and proof that we take your feedback seriously, I’m happy to announce that tomorrow, March 10th, will mark the return of custom splash screens for all Professional members. Anyone with a Professional account going forward will have the option of placing a custom splash screen into his or her game instead of the GameSalad-branded one. Enabling this option will require a server update on our side, but Professionals will not have to download anything to make this happen. Once we’ve updated the server, all you will have to do is log out and log in.

In addition to custom splash screens for Pros, we’ll also be updating the GameSalad splash screen for free users. We’ve heard the feedback and we will be losing the tagline. For now, it will remain a white background, but we are working to provide free users with variations of the GameSalad splash screen in a future Creator update.

Finally, we’ve reviewed your feedback on the forums and in our feature survey and decided to make GameCenter leaderboards a top priority, with the goal of introducing it in our next release.

We’ve got a lot of awesome things to share in the coming months, so stay tuned. This is going to be a great year for GameSalad and I’m excited to be a part of such an amazing team and community.

Sincerely,

Steve Felter
Chief Executive Officer

Comments

• WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    It's Here :)
    Welcome Steve its great your here and thanks for the post

Cheers, Weswog
  • anithmukanithmuk Member Posts: 235
    AWESOME! Can't wait for game center!
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    nice
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Very Cool Thanks For the info. I'll be updating my apps tomorrow I guess. :)
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Thanks
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    great news .. thanks and welcome!
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Thanks for the news Steve. Really glad to hear that Custom Splash Screens are coming back for Pro members! Can't wait for GameCenter and the other updates coming to GameSalad! Thanks again.

- Alex
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    What happened to 'MoonSalad'? ;)

Thank you Steve, for posting. I'm very glad that pros have the splash back, and look forward to GameCentre as soon as humanly possible!

Cheers,

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• BlazingApplicationsBlazingApplications Member Posts: 340
    :)
  • jpmurphjpmurph Member Posts: 62
    Steve, I'm new to the community as well and have been very impressed with GS software and even more impressed with the community as a whole. Looking forward to the future.
  • ShanemcShanemc Member Posts: 86
    That's really cool thanks
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    haha just like i thought. cool
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Well this maybe the first announcement, in along time, from GS Staff that doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. LOL
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Hi Steve.

Thanks for the really positive post.
    Looking forward to the year ahead.
  • RiffelRiffel Member Posts: 1,272
    Great news! Great post! Welcome Steve.
  • AppsRacKAppsRacK Member Posts: 346
    Cool. Cant wait for the Gamecenter and other api. Thanks Steve for the announcement.
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • iswim4Himiswim4Him Member Posts: 16
    I want to scream for joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE LISTENING TO THE PEOPLE!
  • iswim4Himiswim4Him Member Posts: 16
    GAME CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! Was thinking about buying Cornea but what's the need? I can continue to use GameSALAD!
  • spliketspliket Member Posts: 93
    Very good 1st post. Thanks for joining the team and letting us in on the roadmap a little!
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    What a wonderful post. I'm looking forward to see where things go from here.
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Awesome words, i'm so I excited, especially to hear about the progress being put into the the GameCentre connectivity. I LOVE GameSalad and I can't wait till my first game is completed, (the game i'm learning the software with) so I can try develop a more advanced game that I know I will really enjoy.

I hope GameSalad will turn my life around and hopefully get me out of debt. And just top it off, it's doing something i've always aspired to do.

Thanks to everyone who makes GameSalad so easy and possible!!!!
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Thanks alot! Looks like im buying pro tonight
  • m456arcusm456arcus Member Posts: 189
    Amazing! Thank God (and Gamesalad), I could not wait for Gamecenter any longer. Not to be greedy, but any thoughts on memory improvements?
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    Thanks alot! Looks like im buying pro tonight

/hi5 :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Thanks! Will love to have my own Splash Scree, Apple will have a lot of updates!
    I Need Gamecenter! Thats awesome!
    I know you can tell dates, because you are coding… But Can you give us an estimated time for the Next Release?
    thanks.
  • RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411
    Awesome news!!!
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Greetings Steve!

thank everyone at the salad station for implementing the custom splashScreen!

though always proud to acknowledge GameSalad in Credits... ;)

MH
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    No splash screen... GameCenter on the way...
    I'll have to find new things to complain about. HA HA! :)
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Photics said:
    I'll have to find new things to complain about. HA HA! :)

Hahaha, you can still complain for Gamecenter! Still not available, lol.
This discussion has been closed.