A Letter from the CEO

Comments

• DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    Well for now, not going pro. When gamecenter comes, then I will. Count on my $500 bones then!
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    Thank you Steve-a-tron!

Custom splash screens would be great!

Good luck in the new post
  • iMuseiMuse Member Posts: 80
    SF said:
    ...As a token of our appreciation, and proof that we take your feedback seriously, I’m happy to announce that tomorrow, March 10th, will mark the return of custom splash screens for all Professional members. Anyone with a Professional account going forward will have the option of placing a custom splash screen into his or her game instead of the GameSalad-branded one...

...Finally, we’ve reviewed your feedback on the forums and in our feature survey and decided to make GameCenter leaderboards a top priority, with the goal of introducing it in our next release.

Welcome aboard!!
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Excellent...hope to see some Disney magic in all you touch :)
  • 1UpGamestudio1UpGamestudio Member Posts: 213
    one word "wonderful"
  • CaniohCanioh Member Posts: 200
    This is exciting!
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    Thankyou it's the small things that make a big difference!
    JCFord
  • ZackGSZackGS Member Posts: 313
    Great news, fantastic even. Thanks for listening to the community, I am tempted to use gamesalad again now :)

Has the server change for custom splash screens gone live yet ? :)
  • PIXOMUSEPIXOMUSE Member Posts: 101
    Excellent, great news.

However, has the price for pro changed, I could've sworn it was $400 not $499 dollars ? I could be wrong...

Please don't confuse users 'requirements' with a way to make a 'quick buck' !

Besides your still offering very, very little in the way of incentives to upgrade to pro, more features for $500 dollars a year to rent your software, please, an ability to link to a website and iads functionality is not worth what your asking, and the only reason I'm tempted is for custom splash only.

custom Splash screen, yay ! rented software, $500 a year, bah....
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    When GS launched 0.9.0, they changed their pricing tiers. The FREE version is, of course, free, and the Pro version is $499. Since then, they have not changed the price.

- Alex
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    PIXOMUSE said:
    Excellent, great news.

However, has the price for pro changed, I could've sworn it was $400 not $499 dollars ? I could be wrong...

Please don't confuse users 'requirements' with a way to make a 'quick buck' !

Besides your still offering very, very little in the way of incentives to upgrade to pro, more features for $500 dollars a year to rent your software, please, an ability to link to a website and iads functionality is not worth what your asking, and the only reason I'm tempted is for custom splash only.

custom Splash screen, yay ! rented software, $500 a year, bah....

You'll have to excuse some of the members here Steve not everyone can go without a gripe.

@pixomuse
    its been $499 since 0.9.0 so please do your homework before coming to stir it up.
    I think its great they've added a feature. People paid $2000 last year for the exact same features so this is huge step in the right direction. Not only did they add a feature they have also actually said they are shooting for GameCenter in the next release. Thats a first as well.

@GameSalad
    What happened to the server update for Splash screens today? is that still going down or no?
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    tenrdrmer said:
    You'll have to excuse some of the members here Steve not everyone can go without a gripe.

@pixomuse
    its been $499 since 0.9.0 so please do your homework before coming to stir it up.
    I think its great they've added a feature. People paid $2000 last year for the exact same features so this is huge step in the right direction. Not only did they add a feature they have also actually said they are shooting for GameCenter in the next release. Thats a first as well.

@GameSalad
    What happened to the server update for Splash screens today? is that still going down or no?

+1, go code something, then come back and see how much you get for 500.
  • AppChogieAppChogie Member Posts: 503
    Steve, Thank you so much. It has finally happened a warm feeling inside ;-)

Keith.
    Any word yet on if the publishing server has been modified yet? Thanks.

- Alex
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    Hey, everybody!

Server update is still happening today... Just testing up the updated splash screens for free members, once we've got that working correctly, we'll get the server updated. Thanks!

-- Yodapollo
    Thanks for the info Yoda :)

- Alex
    So now not to bring down the awesomeness of this post but Are we still getting a full road map or was GameCenter is the top priority and planned for the next release the extent of the Roadmap?
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    Hey, everybody!

Server has been updated. Updated site is live. New GameSalad splash screens are live, and custom load screens for all pros are now live. Anyone with a Professional account will just need to log out and log back in with GameSalad Creator and they should have access to custom splash screens!

Thanks for your patience everyone, it's very exciting to be able to do this, and I can't wait for the other we have in store in the coming weeks and months.

--Yodapollo
    Yodapollo said:
    Hey, everybody!

Server has been updated. Updated site is live. New GameSalad splash screens are live, and custom load screens for all pros are now live. Anyone with a Professional account will just need to log out and log back in with GameSalad Creator and they should have access to custom splash screens!

Thanks for your patience everyone, it's very exciting to be able to do this, and I can't wait for the other we have in store in the coming weeks and months.

--Yodapollo

So uh what about that whole roadmap thing?
  • hrsmediahrsmedia Member Posts: 522
    Thanks for the announcement. Just looking for the custom splash, I assume it's the 'Portrait Image' option in Advanced Options. Can you only upload a portrait image? Do I have to rotate the image to 320x480?
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    This is great news!
    The Splash screen is cool pops up very fast as soon as you open the app. I like it a lot. Great job guys
  • sebmacflysebmacfly Member Posts: 1,018
    AWESOME!
  • ilovepixarilovepixar Member, PRO Posts: 28
    And just like that- I'm back on board with GameSalad. Good move GameSalad- I like this direction you're heading in. GameCenter would be fantastic, but finally, FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY CUSTOM SPLASH SCREENS. THANK YOU. Sincerely- thank you.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    woop!
  • gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306
    SF i LOVE YOU!! And the next memory improvement i will ask you to marry me !!!!!!!!!
  • PIXOMUSEPIXOMUSE Member Posts: 101
    Hi, tenrdrmer

No need to single me out, I'm entitled to my opinion like anyone else here.

I did specify that I wasn't sure of the pricing, so thanks for putting me straight on that. I do, however, wish we had a 1 off fee for the software that would include free .1 upgrades, and I'd be happy to pay for a major revision upgrade as and when it released. That was my 'roundabout' way of saying that.. :)

It's great to hear about the future updates to, I wasn't knocking that, I've been screaming about more feedback from the devs. for a long time now, so that is very important to me.

Anyway, on with the cheer.

Regards.
    tenrdrmer said:

@pixomuse

@GameSalad

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Hey Steve... great to hear the good news on the splash screen... it really is great news... and I can't wait to play around with GameCentre...

Sorry for jumping on this thread, (but I don't always get replies from GameSalad HQ when I email directly...)

Can you (or Yoda, or who ever) please make the 'Think Outside the Box 2 gamesalad contest' a Yellow sticky thread for the 3 week duration of the contest. It started today, its purely for GameSalad and there are some great prizes up for grabs offered by some of the forum members..

It will hopefully encourage so good forum conversation and interesting game ideas...

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=19477

Thanks ... Jon (stormystudio)
  • ForcingForcing Member Posts: 93
    WOAAHHH!!!
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    Photics said:
    No splash screen... GameCenter on the way...
    I'll have to find new things to complain about. HA HA! :)

how about IAP lol
    there is still lots of improvements that GS could have
    3D, IAP, arrays,.....

GS CHAT ROOM HERE:http://gsgame.epiggames.com/chat
This discussion has been closed.