Get cash and other incentives when you publish to Tizen!

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • eliteappseliteapps Member, PRO Posts: 47
    Under the terms and conditions it advises the following
    GameSalad will make incentive payments for qualifying apps once we have confirmed that your application is generally available on the Tizen App Store. Please email the link to your game on the GameSalad Publishing Portfolio as well as the Deep Link and Content ID of the game on the Tizen App Store to tizen-promotion@gamesalad.com.
  • willieharriswillieharris Member Posts: 294
    Sounds like a good deal to me. :)>-
  • CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
    So I can submit an app for tizen on a PC?? If so count me in, should take me a day or two to remake my endless runner game for tizen
  • pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    @giacomopoppi

How to report your game to GS:

Send email with --

GS Link: http://publish.gamesalad.com/games/***** (found in browser address bar :D )
    Content ID: (found on app's page on Tizen developer portal)
    Deep Link: (your developer ID -- found in your ACCOUNT page on Tizen developer portal!)

(Please mark Insightful if you find it...well, insightful ;) )
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    Out of curiosity does any one have any idea how long it takes to get the free months and money?
  • dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699
    Folks, as you probably noticed, the Tizen market is still very much "under construction". It's not as easy for us to verify publishing yet or process payments/months yet, but we're working on automating our system.

Please bear with us ;) We're trying not to do too much in the way of manual processing because it's so time consuming, and any time we're spending doing that is time we're not cranking out more awesome elsewhere, but if you have special case needs, let me know.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• HalfBakedProductionsHalfBakedProductions Member, PRO Posts: 248
    Awesome, I'll start to publish my apps right away!
  • Mine was published after 5 days. (it was also over a weekend)
    I did not however find the Tizen store link, since the store is not open. I did send this information to Game Salad about not being able to find the link. I have not received a response yet. I'll let you guys know when I do!
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    @mattrouse1 they don't need the store link, they only want the deep link, content id, and the link to your game on the gamesalad publishing portal. That's it
  • pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    @mattrouse1

Just 6 posts above you:

Send email with --

GS Link: http://publish.gamesalad.com/games/***** (found in browser address bar )
    Deep Link: (your developer ID -- found in your ACCOUNT page on Tizen developer portal!)

Research first ;)
    Mine was published after 5 days. (it was also over a weekend)
    I did not however find the Tizen store link, since the store is not open. I did send this information to Game Salad about not being able to find the link. I have not received a response yet. I'll let you guys know when I do!
    yea they changed the requirements, see what @phghost said
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Does anyone know when the incentives scheme runs out.. could'nt see a deadline anywhere in the tizen site, gamesalad or the emails... or is it simply a case of when all the incentives are gone, they're gone?

Cheers

Jon

Oh and Merry Christmas... (its not too early right?)
    Does anyone know when the incentives scheme runs out.. could'nt see a deadline anywhere in the tizen site, gamesalad or the emails... or is it simply a case of when all the incentives are gone, they're gone?

Cheers

Jon

Oh and Merry Christmas... (its not too early right?)
    From an earlier reply it is a case of when it is gone, its gone. My guess, with no inside knowledge, is that it will probably last another 4 to 6 weeks. I base this on Samsung is doing a major launch of Tizen devices at a European show on the 22nd to 24th February 2014.
  • yea they changed the requirements, see what @phghost said
    they sent me an email that mine was accepted but now I will include that with my upcoming posts. That was my "test" publish, now to do the game they offered me more money for. :)
  • brickamatorbrickamator Member Posts: 316
    I think they have 500k
    My guess is they have most likely shutdown as far as approvals go until at least the 30th December and maybe until 2nd January 2014
  • HQoovaHQoova Member, PRO Posts: 29
    @mattrouse1

Just 6 posts above you:

Send email with --

GS Link: http://publish.gamesalad.com/games/***** (found in browser address bar )

Research first ;)
    What address do you send this email to?
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    There is a $500,000 pool GS has been issued by Tizen for app incentives. The program runs until that pool of money is exhausted. This has been written about in many business articles. Do a google search for articles. It's always important to read tech business news.
    My guess is they have most likely shutdown as far as approvals go until at least the 30th December and maybe until 2nd January 2014
    I had 1 approved yesterday, and 2 approved today, and have 5 others currently in the 'in progress' queue One of those approved today was uploaded 3 days ago.

• wpatenwpaten Member, PRO Posts: 281
    Hey guys. Has anyone seen a link to where the approved app will reside once the Tizen store is officially open? I have 4 apps that have been approved and haven't been able to find a link as of yet so I am assuming that it won't be available till later, but I thought I would ask just in case I missed something.

I know that the store isn't open yet. "Still under construction" or whatever. But I have lite versions of all my apps that point the way towards my paid versions. The paid versions have all been accepted. So I want to upload the lite versions next but it would be pointless to do so, without the actual link that I am supposed to be sending them to.

Thanks for the help.
    Hey guys. Has anyone seen a link to where the approved app will reside once the Tizen store is officially open? I have 4 apps that have been approved and haven't been able to find a link as of yet so I am assuming that it won't be available till later, but I thought I would ask just in case I missed something.

I know that the store isn't open yet. "Still under construction" or whatever. But I have lite versions of all my apps that point the way towards my paid versions. The paid versions have all been accepted. So I want to upload the lite versions next but it would be pointless to do so, without the actual link that I am supposed to be sending them to.

Thanks for the help.
    your guess is as good as ours, you're best bet is to contact the tizen store directly.
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    Has there been any definitive answer as to how the incentives will be handled for apps that weren't on the Apple store when the promotion started? I've had three apps approved for the Apple App Store since the promotion was offered, and one has so far been approved for Tizen with 2 still in review. I've scanned the thread but nobody seems sure on if incentives will be provided for apps that weren't pre-reviewed.
    your guess is as good as ours, you're best bet is to contact the tizen store directly.

Yeah that's what I thought. :-) Thanks.
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    What's the latest approval times for you guys? My app has been there since the 25th, and is still "in progress" :(

Chakku
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    What's the latest approval times for you guys? My app has been there since the 25th, and is still "in progress" :(

Chakku
    Mine just got rejected a few minutes ago and its been on there since Dec.20.

reason for rejection "accelerometer not working" and left a link in there to my Amazon apps,lol.. oops.
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

Chakku
    I submitted three games to Apple, Amazon and Tizen shortly before Christmas. Amazon approved all three within a couple of days. Apple approved one almost immediately, one on Christmas Eve, and one yesterday. Tizen approved one on the 27th, and the other two are still waiting. My experience has been that it has the slowest of the review processes.

In all cases my simplest and most basic app was accepted first.

Chakku
    I have submitted 4 apps so far. All of them were uploaded last week, during the Christmas holiday. It took 3 days for the first one, and 4 days for the other three.

• tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    So I got an email from Tizen saying my app failed and it included what needed to be changed in an attachment. I downloaded the attachment and it was a zip file. When I unzipped it, it was a file with a zip.cpzg extension, and when I unzip that, its a zip file and continues the process. Did i miss something?
This discussion has been closed.