Get cash and other incentives when you publish to Tizen!

Comments

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699
    Hey folks,

I apologize for not popping in earlier, but I've been pretty head down on prepping for a huge education conference that starts tomorrow.

A couple of things folks have been asking me about individually via PM:

-- How close are we to capacity / ending the promotion?

About 70% full. Based on the current pace we'll hit the cap in about 2 weeks or so.

-- When are payments going out?

The way payments work is that we get monthly reports from Appbackr at the end of every month with all the verified approved apps that are live on Tizen. We verify the reports and make sure everyone has filled out their financial / tax information, and then process payments a few weeks later.

The first batch of submissions from December will be paid this week. We should get the vast majority of January submissions in the next few days and those will be paid at the end of February.

-- How do I enter my tax information?

http://auth.gamesalad.com/account/tax_information

Thanks for your participation in this promotion! I'll be out of town the rest of the week so I can't guarantee quick turnaround on PM's but will get back to any pending messages next week.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

BTW, in LycetteBros case (and a few others), that was a separate promotion that involved a small number of curated games. Those were paid out because we completed that milestone with Intel. It really has nothing to do with the Appbackr promotion in this case.

• VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    @dgackey
    Will the extra 3 months of Pro added the same time that payments go out?
    And, if we see "Waiting for Confirmation and Payment" under the "Incentives" tab for our game, are we all set?

Thanks

-Josh
    @VoidedSky:

Yes, free months will generally happen at the same time, though we will try to handle those on a more frequent basis where possible.

If you see "waiting confirmation and payment" it means we have your information and we just need the confirm from Intel and payment from Appbackr, so you're good to go.

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
    Oh that good to know. One app has that "waiting for confirmation and payment"
    The other two are still in tizen approval stage
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    @dgackey

If I update my app with newest Tizen build will that affect my standing here or in line to be approved for incentives?
    That's what I was wondering @BBEnk
    @BBEnk It should not, so long as you update an existing app rather than creating a new one.

• 777ideas.com777ideas.com Member, PRO Posts: 895
    2dgackey
    Sorry guys, but I still don't see any updates on my apps which have been published in December at Tizen. No funds and no Pro plan. And today is already 2nd of February.
    Can you please have a look on that issue one more time?
    Thanks

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    2dgackey
    Sorry guys, but I still don't see any updates on my apps which have been published in December at Tizen. No funds and no Pro plan. And today is already 2nd of February.
    Can you please have a look on that issue one more time?
    Thanks

Give them a chance. The US has been hit by some bad weather so they are probably finding it tough to get in to work. And with Tizen falling flat on it's face, GS could be in a position where Tizen themselves haven't delivered what they promised.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277
    Don't worry guys, payments seem to be coming in.
    I received payment on Friday for the 5 games I published in December to the Tizen store.
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,342

And with Tizen falling flat on it's face, GS could be in a position where Tizen themselves haven't delivered what they promised.
    I find it extremely hard to believe that GameSalad would have entered into a contract with Tizen/appbackr that would potentially leave them with as much bad will as would happen if this is so.

I don't really see this being a likely outcome.
  • jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Ive just looked over mine, and it was 'solved' on Dec 30th. So like you I am just waiting for the two games I submitted.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    ive submitted 3 apps to Tizen in the past few days, the early one ive submitted in
    january 29, they are still in the "in progress" status.. I hope ill get my incentives..

Roy.
    I sent in my app to tizen 2 weeks ago and it hasn't been approved or denied yet!:(
  • okpcokpc Member Posts: 53
    I have succeeded validation and submitted 1 app in January 27, it sill in "in progress" status. When will i get the incentives?
  • tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    @CodeMonster Tizen sent out an email saying validation would be slow due to New Years being this week in several countries
    It got accepted today :D
    I have now two apps waiting for the incensitives :)
  • shebhntshebhnt Member Posts: 74
    Got my app accepted but I can't get my "deep link" because Tizen won't let me look at my basic information. Every time I click on it or try to click on "request commercial" it says that the service is unavailable.
  • shebhntshebhnt Member Posts: 74
    Yeah, but I can't look at my basic information. Every time I try it says service unavailable.
    @dgackey Any update on incentives left/when payments for December games can be expected?
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Two of mine has been accepted. Submitted the others yesterday. Fastest review time ice had is just over a day.
    Ok, guys. I still confirm that I didn't get any incentive payments and Premium status for my apps published in December from Tizen. 1st week of February is over and still no news about that. Can you please have a look on my apps for that issue? Thanks
  • wpatenwpaten Member, PRO Posts: 281
    @777ideas.com this might help you. :-)

@dgackey told us how they do their payments in his post when he said:

==================
    "The way payments work is that we get monthly reports from Appbackr at the end of every month with all the verified approved apps that are live on Tizen. We verify the reports and make sure everyone has filled out their financial / tax information, and then process payments a few weeks later.

The first batch of submissions from December will be paid this week. We should get the vast majority of January submissions in the next few days and those will be paid at the end of February."
    ==================

You submitted apps in December, as did I, but he states that only the "first batch of submissions from December" got paid. So that just stands to reason that the rest of the December apps were not in the first batch.

Most likely we will get our December apps lumped in with the January submissions, which again he told us would not be paid till the end of February.

I think you keep looking for something that isn't due to come till the end of the month of February. Unless I have misread his post.
    @wpaten a logical and well reasoned post. But it won't stop people wanting to get some official word from GS instead of having to try to work out what's going on ourselves :D
    @wpaten a logical and well reasoned post. But it won't stop people wanting to get some official word from GS instead of having to try to work out what's going on ourselves :D
    I totally agree with that. But that official word hasn't come yet (probably because of that conference that they all went to), so until then we just have to resort ourselves to dissecting old posts. :D

@777ideas.com this might help you. :-)

Thanks for that, but I have seen that previously and posted some comments before as well. Firstly, they asked to wait the end of January. I did. Than they asked to wait February. Ok, I did. Now, the end of the first week and I really do worry about the situation. And I simply would like to have detail information about it. I believe that we all deserve that.

Thanks
    I totally agree with you. :-)

Good luck.
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    do you still get $50 and 3 months pro? when will this end?
This discussion has been closed.