Get cash and other incentives when you publish to Tizen!

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,069
    We've updated the terms page for Tizen.
    http://gamesalad.com/gamesalad-and-tizen-terms-conditions

Some of you will have noticed a new tab on your portfolio page now: Incentives.

Now instead of emailing your information in, you can just enter the information on a form on your game's portfolio/publishing page!

We've take most of the email entries and put them in the database, when possible. If you don't see your information on your game there are two possibilities:

1) We haven't gotten to your email yet.
    2) You didn't send the portfolio link ID as requested and we couldn't figure out which game your information belongs to.

I hope this streamlines the process for everyone.

Cheers!
  • wpatenwpaten Member, PRO Posts: 281
    We've updated the terms page for Tizen.
    http://gamesalad.com/gamesalad-and-tizen-terms-conditions

Some of you will have noticed a new tab on your portfolio page now: Incentives.

Now instead of emailing your information in, you can just enter the information on a form on your game's portfolio/publishing page!

We've take most of the email entries and put them in the database, when possible. If you don't see your information on your game there are two possibilities:

1) We haven't gotten to your email yet.
    2) You didn't send the portfolio link ID as requested and we couldn't figure out which game your information belongs to.

I hope this streamlines the process for everyone.

Cheers!
    @adent42 Awesome!!!

I noticed this, after reading the incentives text, and found it a bit confusing:

"If you also qualify for an appbackr incentive, cash payment will be made at the same time as the appbackr payment."

So does that mean when appbackr pays we get paid? Just want to make sure I understand that correctly.
  • colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    @dgackey I just put my Tizen information in the Incentives page on the Publishing website clicked Update it processed for a bit but nothing changed it looks like it hasn't gone through is that correct?
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,069
    @wpaten The bit about appbackr. When we start making payments, we are taking the money out of two different pools. If the Tizen payments start before we get paid by appbackr, then we'll hold them so that there's one payment. Basically, if you're getting money from both appbackr and Intel, there may be a delay in your payment so we can lump things into one payment.

@colander, PM me the link to your page so I can double check. The only update you'll see is the "Status". The form leaves your data there so you can edit it later if you entered something wrong.
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    @adent42 Can you clarify the difference between the appbackr and Tizen incentives? What is required to qualify for an appbackr payment?
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    I just read in the incentives entry something that I am seen for the first time:

End Date: Open until the first 1000 apps have been approved for the Tizen App Store

What exactly does this mean. When I sent you the email with the Deep link and the other suff, I received an email saying your request # 1894 and so on for my other apps. Does this means that my apps will not participate of the incentive?

• kinzuakinzua Member Posts: 554
    I forgot to mention appbackr-gamesalad in the validation comments.. :-<
    Will i still be eligible for the program 8-|
    Yeah I forgot to do that too (appbackr-gamesalad), how can we fix it?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I just read in the incentives entry something that I am seen for the first time:

End Date: Open until the first 1000 apps have been approved for the Tizen App Store

What exactly does this mean. When I sent you the email with the Deep link and the other suff, I received an email saying your request # 1894 and so on for my other apps. Does this means that my apps will not participate of the incentive?

i think that #1884 is just ticket numbers, they are using the same system they use for bug reports.
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    edited January 2014
    My Content ID is "00000001234" according to Tizen, but GameSalad has it as just "1234". Is this meant to be @adent42? (Note 1234 isn't actually my ID number, but it is a 4-digit number ;) )

Chakku
  • lightspeedlightspeed Member, PRO Posts: 10
    It would be great to get some update on progress on this magic number "1000"

Moderators : Can you please give us a tentative idea where we're at on this?

Given the slow response & lead time - don't want to overshoot too much and get frustrated later. Thanks for your help
    Cheers

• LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    @jonmulcahy
    Thanks a lot my friend, I got nervous there...
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited January 2014
    Man guys when there is money on the line you need to be through... Some of you guys rush to much and now see what happens you forget a critical component to get compensated. When you rush you leave money on the table. Slow down and cross your T's and dot your I's.
    I forgot to mention appbackr-gamesalad in the validation comments.. :-<
    Will i still be eligible for the program 8-|
    I think you'll have to cancel your submission and re-submit it with the correct information included.
  • karthikbecsekarthikbecse Member Posts: 2
    this contest is alive
    I sent a support request to Tizen about forgetting to enter "appbackr-gamesalad" in the comments field in step 2. They said I would have to go through the submission process again. Lucky for me when I went and looked I had entered it, those who didn't will have to resubmit.
  • ashtmjashtmj Member, PRO Posts: 405
    @adent42 Quick question, I was offered incentives for both my games: "Down with the ship" and "Down with the ship FREE" I published them both through the same project in my portfolio. I emailed the different info, but because I published under the same project the info for only one of the two is listed within incentives window in my down with the ship project..will this be a issue I need to address, or will it be alright as long as I emailed all the details on both games?

Thanks much
    @adent42 Quick question, I was offered incentives for both my games: "Down with the ship" and "Down with the ship FREE"
    @ashtmj
    How were you "offered incentives"?? Did you get an email from GS or Tizen? How were you notified? I haven't been notified yet, and my app has been approved for a while... :(

Thanks
    Chakku
  • dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699
    We're still a few hundred away from hitting the cap, so you're all still in good shape. (But I wouldn't delay too long, either)

If you forgot to put "appbackr-gamesalad" in the comments during submission, you can shoot me an email with your Tizen content ID(s) and name of the game(s) and I'll round them up: danm@gamesalad.com.

Please use the subject "appbackr-gamesalad" so I can filter these and drop them into a folder, otherwise I can't guarantee they'll be spotted ;)

Dan

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

We're still a few hundred away from hitting the cap, so you're all still in good shape. (But I wouldn't delay too long, either)

If you forgot to put "appbackr-gamesalad" in the comments during submission, you can shoot me an email with your Tizen content ID(s) and name of the game(s) and I'll round them up: danm@gamesalad.com.

Please use the subject "appbackr-gamesalad" so I can filter these and drop them into a folder, otherwise I can't guarantee they'll be spotted ;)

Dan
    @dgackey
    Hey Dan, on the publishing portal my only approved game still says
    "Waiting for Confirmation and Payment."

Does that mean it's been rejected because of its quality? :(

Thanks
    Chakku
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273

Dan
    Ah snap -- I used "Appbackr GameSalad." Will that be fine or should I email you?

Dan
    Ah snap -- I used "Appbackr GameSalad." Will that be fine or should I email you?

No, that should be fine. It's not an exact match or anything as far as I know.

Dan
    @dgackey
    Hey Dan, on the publishing portal my only approved game still says
    "Waiting for Confirmation and Payment."

Does that mean it's been rejected because of its quality? :(

Thanks
    Chakku
    No, not at all. As @sadida172 surmised, it's just in a pending state until someone from GS processes the free months and payments, which happen separately after we get statements from Intel/appbackr.

If your app has been approved by Tizen, we're not going to flag it except in the rarest of circumstances (probably only if someone files a copyright complaint).

• fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    No USA for tizan "for now" hope your app has multi lang.

http://bgr.com/2014/01/10/samsung-tizen-smartphone-launch-us/
  • YoRoosterYoRooster Member Posts: 159
    Waiting for Tizen to approve Jet Point now. Hope I made it in time! :-SS
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    I got an email today about this, with my apps ranked.

I thought I'd take a look ;)

My apps were ranked 10, 9.8, and two 9.3s - but none are anywhere near the max $1750 - can I ask what the situation is?

Cheers!

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Some clarity on how apps submitted after appbackr did their initial assessments and emails would be great too! :D
  • villewantedvillewanted Member, PRO Posts: 66
    edited January 2014
    Hello guys, I have received an email saying that i´m now a pro member. I checked the invoice and it is because the tizen promotion. However, my gamesalad account says that I´m still a basic member. I was wondering if you could tell me if this is normal and if you know the time I will get paid the 50$ and my account will become pro
  • shebhntshebhnt Member Posts: 74
    Just got the email today, I hope this is still going on! I'm working on converting a game right now.
This discussion has been closed.