Help IAPs rejected by Apple

Comments

• alfa987alfa987 Member Posts: 31

@Aram Surchy said:
    alfa987 your type of bug is fixed :) I had the same but after publishing with RC it worked :)

You mean RC 11.1 or the latest?

• ChechesoftChechesoft Member, PRO Posts: 171

App rejected, same issue as many others get:
    "Specifically, after the user taps the "Remove Ads" button and purchases the IAP, the activity indicator wheel spins indefinitely. The user is unable to resume any activity in the app from that point forward."
    Very unpleasant surprise as I though last Gs version fixed this issue, lots of hard work and time lost :(
    And Next month my pro subscription will end!...

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Update: we are still waiting to hear back from Apple. We are also sending Apple some games with more logging in them.

edited May 2014

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Update: we are still waiting to hear back from Apple. We are also sending Apple some games with more logging in them.

latest RC fixed below IAP issue or not? I'm confused.
    "Specifically, after the user taps the "Remove Ads" button and purchases the IAP, the activity indicator wheel spins indefinitely."

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

im glad my subscription has expired. I will no longer be paying this amount of money. Just to sit back and listen on how each new release has a fix. To find out it does not.

I will wait until GS decides to get out from behind the "Beta" Blanky. And decide to role with the big boys. This "we told you it still in beta" excuse is only gonna work for so long.

Either you have a working product or you dont. swapping out default components of a product with better and improved features is one thing. But GS hasnt even created a stable default product to build upon.

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

@BlackCloakGS My app got rejected for the same reason as @misko. Error "In-App Purchase Error Could not validate receipt with server. Response Code: 0 Please try again later" I am not exactly sure how that is a bug. It is an error message cos the app couldn't reach the Apple server .... It looks like the iTunesConnect review team are not happy with the error message as the app works as expected. I have tested it on multiple devices with no issues. I hope you find out what the review team expect to see when the in-app purchase fails and get to the bottom of this soon ... Cheers :-(

• actordudeactordude Member Posts: 27

Anyone had any more feedback on IAP issue , submitted mine a few days ago with RC 0.11.1.2 , WAITING !!!...has anyone had any IAP's work recently

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited May 2014

**My app rejected again again again.One month has passed and still Iap is broken.
    Reasons

2.2: Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected 2.2

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 7.1.1 and iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, tapping on any In App Purchase results in an error message. Please see the attached screenshots for details.

For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:

complete details of your rejection issue(s)
    screenshots
    steps to reproduce the issue(s)
    symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log
    If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow as described in https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1764/Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce a crash or bug that only App Review or users are seeing.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@actordude Honestly man this whole iap issue is hit or miss. Same version i have had apps go through with iap and continue making money (so it worked fine) and I have had apps get rejected for iap. It may just be an issue only the testers encounter yet doesn't occur when live. Who knows.

• MoikMoik Member, PRO Posts: 257

@FallacyStudios Is there a difference between whether the IAP of the passed and failed apps whether one or the other has consumable or non-consumable IAP or not? Both use the same type?

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@Moik Nope. Both are non-consumable. Already went over the differences between them, but my app that went through had a similar set up as those who didn't.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

I will send again with 11.0.13,how would you like me to write a note in developer notes?

Can I mention about IAP issue,does it make any difference?Even if sent by same method,which one do you prove ,which one don't?

maybe,they give a useful answer.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@CodeWizard‌ @BlackCloakGS @ForumNinja From 1 and half month ( 45 days )Another week passing no updates no fixes for IAP rejections from Apple :(

edited May 2014

My game had two non-consumable IAP's and the game was rejected 3 times. Now waiting for the 4th one, but by reading all these comments, looks like it's going to be rejected also. GS please keep us posted.

• MoikMoik Member, PRO Posts: 257

It's interesting that everyone is using non-consumable IAP. Full Game unlocks/Remove Ads?

I wonder if Apple tests non-consumable IAP by setting them to be 'already owned' server-side to simplify book-keeping and then using Re-Download rather than do it as a first-time purchase?

@Moik said:
    It's interesting that everyone is using non-consumable IAP. Full Game unlocks/Remove Ads?

I wonder if Apple tests non-consumable IAP by setting them to be 'already owned' server-side to simplify book-keeping and then using Re-Download rather than do it as a first-time purchase?

I've used non-consumables to unlock full game and to add extra features. This time I've submitted one consumable and the second one non-consumable, lets see how it goes.

• asif10asif10 Member, PRO Posts: 16

Getting fed up with this, another rejection with RC 0.11.1.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qewqhl6hz20dl6o/IMG_0268.PNG

2.2: Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad Air running iOS 7.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we found that your In App Purchase requires additional time and results in being timed out.

The steps to reproduce are:

1. Launch the app
    2. Purchase one of the listed items
    3. In App Purchase Error-App is timed out
  • KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

I've submitted mine with 4 Consumables in it and it was rejected twice. For now I am submitting without iAP's and once this gets fixed then I will make an update to it with the iAPs. For me would rather have it in the App store then not at all!

• RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411
    edited May 2014

Just posted this in the latest Release Candidate thread but I'll post it here also since it appears to be relevant:

Not sure if this is beneficial in anyway but my most recent app update was rejected due to IAP but the previous update and original submission were approved. The only change I made was switching from consumable to non-consumable. The rules for the most part were unchanged. I just re-submitted and disabled IAP all together - not super critical for my app.

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

@onelasttime said:
    Before complaint, I will wait one more time to New RC,your kindhearted but we bought product and it says '' 12 months 299 Dolar with IAP for IOS Device'' and we said,this is a suitable deal,I can buy it.

Now,We lost one months.I start new project,my finished project is waiting for this and promotion schedule of course delayed.

I hope,this rc will fix it.

I agree with this. I normally don't complain but I ended up taking out iap out of my last two games because they were rejected so many times I got fed up. GS should really look at crediting Pro Members back a month or two due to this issue since iap is one of the selling points of being Pro.

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

Hear! Hear! I say Aye to that!

@BazookaTime said:
    I agree with this. I normally don't complain but I ended up taking out iap out of my last two games because they were rejected so many times I got fed up. GS should really look at crediting Pro Members back a month or two due to this issue since iap is one of the selling points of being Pro.

edited May 2014

yes I say Aye to that!, if this was not fixed in this week...lost almost 2 months of my pro membership usage...

@izam Hear! Hear! I say Aye to that!

@BazookaTime said: I agree with this. I normally don't complain but I ended up taking out iap out of my last
    two games because they were rejected so many times I got fed up. GS should really look at crediting Pro Members
    back a month or two due to this issue since iap is one of the selling points of being Pro

• wrhmediawrhmedia Member Posts: 70

My app rejected yet again because of IAP issue. Not good at all...

• YatelandYateland Member, PRO Posts: 81

@izam Hear! Hear! I say Aye to that!
    fix it! Please!

i've now had to submit with IAP turned off, means i'm essentially losing earnings from this.

i've now had to submit with IAP turned off, means i'm essentially losing earnings from this.

Any word from GS team? Good suggestion about rolling back the subscription time back for all this time the issue was delaying our release date.

• MichalChMichalCh Member, PRO Posts: 115

Guys, not only Pro users should have something in return. I joined GameSalad a month ago and I'm waiting and waiting to buy a Pro version until iAPs will work, also loosing revenue ...

@Michalch if your loosing returns no problem...but we paid for pro and loosing money from..2 months... that is funny.

• Supersonic9120Supersonic9120 Member, PRO Posts: 174

Guys any word on this? This is the longest period that my app has ever been rejected, now reaching 2 months. There must be something causing Apple to reject the apps. Looking forward to a solution.