Help IAPs rejected by Apple

Comments

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
  • joeltellingjoeltelling Member, PRO Posts: 41

@BlackCloakGS‌ just heard back from Apple, their response:

"Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, we cannot give you the console.log files from the devices."

Sorry man.

@joeltelling Thanks for trying

@joeltelling can you ask them (or do you know ) if you were rejected because the error message was not descriptive enough or that there was an error message?

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

@joeltelling‌ I'm amazed at how quickly you're getting responses. Do you have a mate there or something?! I wish I could get quicker responses from Apple...

@BlackCloakGS‌ They said, specifically, they were unable to access my IAP, and the screenshot they gave me was in relation to the rejection. They also said part of the rejection was because of the iTunes login box that pops up over the splash screen during app start.

@darrelf‌ heh, no mate at Apple. boy I wish! once Apple grants "expedited" to an app, it's like having a second queue to wait in for verifying binaries AND receiving support. They don't do it often.

@joeltelling can you open a support ticket and attach the game that you are getting rejected with .

@BlackCloakGS‌ sure thing mate! do you want the .app file unsigned? or with an ad hoc or appstore signature?

also, I have to leave from work to get to my daughter's softball game. Let me know exactly what you want in that support ticket and I'll get that to you once we get back from the game. I also sent you and @CodeWizard‌ my direct contact info.

@joeltelling I just need the project file. But if it is easier you can just send us the .app file

• alfa987alfa987 Member Posts: 31

Mine is in review now and I'll let you guys know how it goes in few days.

We just heard back from Apple on our games ( using IAP) and they were both approved using 0.11.0

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@joeltelling thank you for answer,it is very helpful.

2 game one reject one publish.One of them is yours,one of them is gs app.

hopefully soon becomes stable,also I will tell you next week,what is going on for my app

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

@BlackCloakGS‌ wait, what? weird man. at the softball game still getting set up so I can respond a bit. so you want project file from 11.0 or 11.1 or both?

Project

@BlackCloakGS‌ I just submitted my project files for 11.0 and 11.1 for my game Orange Banana. The ticket ID is 5355 and the projects are compressed into one zip file. Best of luck brother. I'll keep checking back.

• JoeBJoeB Member Posts: 160

Okay so I guess I'm not alone in this issue, I've submitted 2 apps with in apps before with no problem. Then I submitted a new about a week ago and it got rejected because of in-app purchase issues.

• miskomisko Member, PRO Posts: 17

I have also the same problem..., when I have updated GS to the new version 11.0 Apple rejected my app for the following reasons:

Specifically, we found that your In-App Purchase products do not download successfully.

The steps to reproduce are:
    1. Tap on the shield icon
    2. Tap to purchase any available In-App Purchase products
    3. A loading dial appears for about a minute
    4. App displays an error message as shown in the attached screenshot

Now I have tryed all the versions of GS 11.1, ....242,244,250,254, but the problem remain the same...

If you try adHoc you see clearly that somthing goes wrong when you try to use InApp purchase.

I had the same app on 10.4.1 and all had work fine...

but now I cannot downgrade my app to 10.4.1, so Im currently Fxxxed...

• MarsStudiosMarsStudios Member, PRO Posts: 40

I failed my review with RC 11.1 due to the error shown in my image. Can someone tell me if this is something I have set up incorrectly?
    My response from Apple:

However, we found that your app has incorrectly implemented receipt validation, so it does not properly distinguish between the review (sandbox) environment and the production environment. This is resulting in a validation query to the production servers instead of a sandbox receipt check, and is preventing us from being able to review your app.

To address this issue, please revise your binary to include the necessary logic required to differentiate between the review and production environments.

For information on how to implement receipt validation, please see the Receipt Validation Programming Guide If your app includes In-App Purchases, please also see FAQ #15 of Technical Note TN2259 - Adding In-App Purchase to your iOS and OS X Applications.

@MarsStudios said:
    I failed my review with RC 11.1 due to the error shown in my image. Can someone tell me if this is something I have set up incorrectly?
    My response from Apple:

However, we found that your app has incorrectly implemented receipt validation, so it does not properly distinguish between the review (sandbox) environment and the production environment. This is resulting in a validation query to the production servers instead of a sandbox receipt check, and is preventing us from being able to review your app.

To address this issue, please revise your binary to include the necessary logic required to differentiate between the review and production environments.

For information on how to implement receipt validation, please see the Receipt Validation Programming Guide If your app includes In-App Purchases, please also see FAQ #15 of Technical Note TN2259 - Adding In-App Purchase to your iOS and OS X Applications.

We are all waiting the new stable release...

Can I use this reply points at least to buy some Starbucks coffe? ;-)

• Aram SurchyAram Surchy Member, PRO Posts: 78

I dont want my game to be rejected :( i had freeze problem because of revmob and they said it was fixed and i hope my game gets accepted!

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

From 1 month this issue is not fixed no IAP from one month...please fix the issue..my app rejected 4 times...

edited May 2014

Apple back to me and offff offfffffff,reject!

Missing IAPs

We are unable to complete the review of your app since one or more of your In App Purchases have not been submitted for review.

Please be sure to take action and submit your In App Purchases AND upload a new binary in iTunes Connect. Learn more about submitting In App Purchases for review in the In-App Purchase Configuration Guide for iTunes Connect.

Once you've submitted your In App Purchases and uploaded a new binary, we can proceed with your review.Note: Apps that offer In-App Purchase products that must be restorable are required to include a "Restore" feature. The following In-App Purchase types must be restorable:

• non-consumable products
    • auto-renewing subscriptions
    • free subscriptions

it think,this is my bad not gamesalad,of off

@onelasttime you just have to add a restore button and add the restore in app purchase behavior, but also with this correction IAP dont work.

@misko Game has restore button and behaviour but I suppose this issue about game app details page in app purchase uncheck item.How can I go back -prepare for upload- status and I can edit this features? because now I just see -waiting for upload status or next status- I can't edit it.

@onelasttime you have just one solution, you must upload your current app(binary), and then when is uploaded, you have to reject the binary and then before you press the button (ready to upload binary) you have to enable the IAP and select your IAP's, I hope this help you

edited May 2014

update:
    Yesterday we did some more investigating. The only way we could reproduce this is to block apple's servers when verifying receipts with the server. The error message with a status code 0 is saying that it can not contact the verification server. This seem like a valid error. So by best guess is apple does not like the error message. If any our can get apple to tell exactly what the do not like about the error message it would be greatly appreciated.

edit:
    this is how we verify receipts if apple asked
    "Always verify your receipt first with the production URL; proceed to verify with the sandbox URL if you receive a 21007 status code. Following this approach ensures that you do not have to switch between URLs while your application is being tested or reviewed in the sandbox or is live in the App Store."
    we try 3 times before giving up and display the https status code in the error message you see above

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

@BlackCloakGS I'm not 100% sure I understand so bear with me:

In one of my apps rejected today (a universal build), the screenshot shows the message "Could not validate receipt with server. Response code : 0 Please try again later"

Is this message text you guys have built into the GameSalad engine?

If so, I'm not sure that's necessarily Apple's problem. My 2nd app (iPad build) to be rejected today shows a different error - "The in-App purchase could not be completed at this time. Please try again later."

Both rejections talk about an activity wheel spinning for "minutes" before failure so it doesn't look like the purchase is at all possible at their end. On my iPad app, the restore function wouldn't work for them either.

As GameSalad the company serves many developers, isn't there anyone at Apple you guys can get some dialogue going with?

Also, your apps that passed review, can you share the in app purchase code you used so we can compare?

edited May 2014

@darrelf both of those error messages are ones that the GameSalad engine creates and displays. Also both are errors where in the IAP can not be completed. The code there is the HTTPS status code. Zero in this case is the default value in the code. an 200 is success.

We retry three times on any thing that is not a 200-299.

So maybe Apple does not like me retrying on when the first attempt fails with a http time out?

edit:
    We tried contacting some one at Apple with no luck. We have to use the same channels as every one else.