Release Candidate 0.11.1.5 is available!

Comments

• Supersonic9120Supersonic9120 Member, PRO Posts: 174

@madhanlab @BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard I have been testing the Chartboost Revmob thing on a new game I am making and it seems like the slowness is reserved for older devices. I have an IPad 3 and the loading is really slow. For my iPhone 5S the speed is hyper fast and there is no delay. It could just be the older types of devices.

The problem is the majority of people playing these games will probably have an older device.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@Supersonic9120 @BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard i tested in new Apple iPad mini 2 ..it still have the problem

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@madhanlab‌ sorry for the laps in updates. I have devs working on the chart boost and rev mob issues. Hopefully we will have a fix some time at the end of next week.

As to the last IAP issue I am going to have to do more research looks like it has some thing to do with to many requests in to shot of a time period. Will post an update when i have more information on the issue.

edited June 2014

@BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard Thank u so much for the information.Hopes by the end of June, we have completely bug fixed version of Ad Networks , IAP and Gamecenter.

• RhiannonSaladRhiannonSalad Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 69

@madhanlab said:
    blackCloakGS In IOS, I have a quite simple app that has no issues until I add either Chartboost or RevMob into the App. Chartboost takes roughly 10-15 seconds and RevMob takes around 15-25 seconds just to load a full screen ad. When they are removed the app runs smoother than ever, does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? And in Android also same problem,plus out of 10 times just 2 times only it is snowing Ad(maximum time it is showing BlackScreen).This happens only with Android . I am using Release Candidate 0.11.1.5 Please help me !

Are you getting anything out of your device console during the time when the ad is taking a while to load? For Chartboost, Test Mode deactivates automatically after 15-20 impressions — after that, you'll see actual interstitials from Chartboost advertisers. You can re-activate the test mode in their Dev console. Are you still in test mode when this happens?

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738

Not sure if this is possible, but maybe it would be easier if gamesalad allowed us to integrate the ad network sdk? Then it would be all in the code and more varieties of ad networks to choose from?

Just a suggestion

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@zweg25 As nice as that sounds, it is far more complex than you seem to think. That involves being able to integrate the SDK directly into Gamesalads logic. I can tell you now, most people on here (not all obviously) wouldn't be able to get anything integrated. It would also likely produce a massive number of other errors and issues. Honestly it's just not feasible.

edited June 2014

@RhiannonSalad after test mode disabled it showing ads but loading time 10 times slower than before...this is not only for me you can check from the games submitted to game of the month:June.ChartBoost is lagging more compared with Revmob

• mobiazzammobiazzam Member, PRO Posts: 50

Thank!
    Do you have planning to put engine to make Amazon Fire?

• Supersonic9120Supersonic9120 Member, PRO Posts: 174

@madhanlab Was there any response to this Revmob issue? It seems strange that it is so slow.

@Supersonic9120 @BlackCloakGs No Man,no response from no where almost one month back i created ticket about RevMob issue and chartBoost issue,i disabled Ads for now ,i think GameSalad Developers busy with windows Creator.

• mariopjckmenmariopjckmen Member Posts: 2

Very good and has many improvements exciting new.

@madhanlab said:
    RhiannonSalad after test mode disabled it showing ads but loading time 10 times slower than before...this is not only for me you can check from the games submitted to game of the month:June.ChartBoost is lagging more compared with Revmob

Yickes. Ok, thanks for the info. One of our devs recently updated the Chartboost and Revmob SDK along with some code updates. We're hoping that takes care of some of the issues we've been seeing. The new SDK's are in QA for testing and will be in the next nightly build. We're doing our best to fix these issues and push them out to you as soon as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

edited June 2014

@RhiannonSalad @BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard Thanks for the update ,hopes this upcoming nightly build fixes the issue.

@madhanlab said:
    RhiannonSalad BlackCloakGS CodeWizard Thanks for the update ,hopes this upcoming nightly build fixes the issue.

I ran it through some tests and it looks like the updates did the trick. I had no delays or black screens happening. So, look out for the next nightly build and let us know if you find any additional bugs with the new SDK's.

WOOT!

@RhiannonSalad Thanks for the update ,when we can expect next nightly build,from 2 weeks no updates from @codewizard

@madhanlab said:
    RhiannonSalad Thanks for the update ,when we can expect next nightly build,from 2 weeks no updates from code wizard

Gosh, I wish I could give you an exact day but it's likely sometime next week? Sorry about the delay on getting one out. We've been working on a new rendering system which I think you are really gonna enjoy. The draw back is that it took months to write and time to integrate it into our engine. So platform by platform we've had to customize and streamline to get each individual platform to work with this rendering system. Essentially, once we merged all that work into the current codebase, we pretty much broke all the platforms to make things better. It's always harder to rewrite something in pre-existing code than it is to create it from scratch.

I'll have to check with the guys on Monday to get a better idea of where we're at with it. I know iOS is done, Android has been the focus as of late.... I know the nightly builds are experimental builds but if they're flat out busted, it doesn't really serve anyone to release them like that. @cannix‌ You'll be delighted to know that Facebook for iOS is in the Nightly build and I went the extra mile and added a separate field specifically for URL's so a message, URL and image can be posted. It will not be in the Release Candidate tho, only Nightly's for a bit as I still have Android to implement and it needs more testing. But the Chartboost and Revmob fixes are in both Nightly and the next Release Candidate.

Let me get with the team and see if I can get a reasonable estimate for you on the Nightly builds. I can tell you we're close to another Release Candidate. Hang in there, the whole GS team is really excited about some of the stuff we're working on and features we're adding. Features you all have been asking for. @CodeWizard‌ is doing a great job!

@RhiannonSalad @CodeWizard Awesome ...Great news Thanks for the information.

• natedawgghnatedawggh Member, PRO Posts: 34

@RhiannonSalad‌ does this include a real fix for the iTunes IAP problems? I opened a support ticket two weeks ago and have never gotten a response, and have been waiting for two months to update my game (and have not seen any updates on this progress since the last RC).

• zenoahzenoah Member, PRO Posts: 56

Does the new rendering engine support more than just rectangle and circle collision masks?

What are the benefits we are getting from existing system to new rendering system ? @RhiannonSalad @CodeWizard

• zenoahzenoah Member, PRO Posts: 56

Any chance somebody at GS can give us some clues on what the features/benefits of the new graphics engine are?

Cheers

• fiorentinfiorentin Member Posts: 58

I guess/hope loading times? At the moment its way to slow.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited July 2014

@RhiannonSalad‌ At last week's Meetup BlackCloak said that IAPs were fixed in RC 0.11.1.5. Is that the case? I see there are numerous posts since from members still having problems.

• orien2v2orien2v2 Member, PRO Posts: 55

Is the Chartboost black screen problem in Android now solved in the nightly build?

@natedawggh said:
    RhiannonSalad‌ does this include a real fix for the iTunes IAP problems? I opened a support ticket two weeks ago and have never gotten a response, and have been waiting for two months to update my game (and have not seen any updates on this progress since the last RC).

@natedawggh‌ I checked with support and they don't have any tickets coming in on the IAP issues you're speaking of. This is still our 'go-to' for investigating user issues. The RC 0.11.1.5 fixed a tough to diagnose issue that was actually a bug on Apple's servers. We were able to make some changes on our side to be more aggressive when contacting their servers. Matter of fact, we were on the phone with Apple support trying to help them diagnose the issue! If there are other issues with IAP, please file a bug report. I'm showing that your username hasn't filled out a bug report since May 8th and we responded to you on May 12th. You stated you filled out a report 2 weeks ago; did you use a different username? do you have a ticket number I can look up?

@fiorentin @zenoah @madhanlab‌ The new rendering system offers faster load times and boosts the frame rate of games. When we get it out to you, we'll have more detail on how it works and how you can maximize its advantages. @zenoah‌ It does not change collision shapes.

@orien2v2 We were having issues with the black screen on both iOS and Android. I briefly tested iOS and had no issues with the black screen. I haven't had an opportunity to test Android, but I'm hopeful. It's in QA and they are running passes on it.

• GunBrothersGamingGunBrothersGaming Member, PRO Posts: 6

Any update on when windows users will stop getting treated like they aren't important to the GameSalad business model?

• spicycabbagespicycabbage Member, PRO Posts: 4

am I the only person who have problems with gamecenter and the custom loading wheel? I don't seem to see anybody else talking about it.

edited July 2014

@RhiannonSalad @CodeWizard @BlackCloakGS 3rd wednesday now any news on updates and new releases.