Release Candidate 0.11.1.5 is available!

Comments

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

We are down to 6 bug that need to be fixed before the release.

• waltermakwaltermak Member, PRO Posts: 19

i hv downloaded it... but may i know whether the lag on chartboost & rev mob ads is fixed or not?? coz i downloaded 0.11.1.5 and output the apt. i tried but still lagged for over 5 secs, which is disastrous to the game in certain extent. reli reli hope that GSteam can help out. Many thanks!!

• zenoahzenoah Member, PRO Posts: 56

Surely if even 50% of it worked it would worthy of a nightly release.

A comment from your colleague intimated that the iOS portion was complete a week ago. Why do we have to wait for a release that we are aware has many problems but shows off some of the new features your working on. Nightly builds are seen as an alphas surely?

I actually can't believe you haven't sorted the shape collation detection yet. Every game i've written and will write has people scratching there heads saying 'I wasn't even near that..' when they collide with the edge of an actor.

Have you got any timeframe in mind at all or is it low down on the list?

Thanks,
    Anthony

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    edited July 2014

No don't release it until the known bugs are fixed. Our job is to find the unknown ones.

• cannixcannix Member Posts: 36

@ RhiannonSalad About Facebook problems, Gamesalad has big long delay, If a new version next month Gamesalad longer support the Facebook, In HTML5 & iOS & Android, I will be fine. My God, Gamesalad can not hurry it?

• RhiannonSaladRhiannonSalad Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 69

@zenoah said:
    Surely if even 50% of it worked it would worthy of a nightly release.

A comment from your colleague intimated that the iOS portion was complete a week ago. Why do we have to wait for a release that we are aware has many problems but shows off some of the new features your working on. Nightly builds are seen as an alphas surely?

I actually can't believe you haven't sorted the shape collation detection yet. Every game i've written and will write has people scratching there heads saying 'I wasn't even near that..' when they collide with the edge of an actor.

Have you got any timeframe in mind at all or is it low down on the list?

Thanks,
    Anthony

I understand where you're coming from but we have to make sure the build doesn't have critical bugs or blockers. Right now we have a crash on Android. Any game that includes Revmob crashes. The new SDK's seemingly fixed the lag issue on iOS but we can't test Android because any game loaded on Android with Revmob crashes at the moment. We have a dev on this particular bug and he's been actively working to debug it and find the issue. I suppose we could disable Revmob for android but thats additional work to implement. We need all hands on getting this release out and moving forward and not putting together patches for one of the platforms.

We also encountered other issues with the rendering system. Now that we've got it building and testable in Creator, iOS and Android, we were able to do some tests and find issues that were unacceptable. Such as, zero images being in the game. That's a big problem and is not gonna work. We got that fixed but still have a few more things to knock out before releasing a nightly. Hang in there. We're down to just a few bugs now.

@RhiannonSalad‌
    But it is quite sad if revmob is disabled...
    Since chartboost is less profitable and ads aren't showing all the time....
    Anyway look forward to the next release, thanks >_<

@waltermak said:
    RhiannonSalad‌
    But it is quite sad if revmob is disabled...
    Since chartboost is less profitable and ads aren't showing all the time....
    Anyway look forward to the next release, thanks >_<

We agree, which is why we aren't releasing Revmob disabled. We going to fix the crash before releasing it.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@RhiannonSalad‌ I agree with "colander" Don't release anything with known bugs in it.

If people want to spend their time looking for bugs in Release Candidates and Nightly Builds, and complicating matters like some are doing by trialling OS10.10 and iOS8, all well and good, but they should not expect to publish final store releases with them, regardless of how desperate they may be to use a new feature.

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

@RhiannonSalad‌
    Are you guys getting close??? Any day now???
    I'm basically holding off my release for Android until the Revmob/Chartboost gets fixed.

@phamtastic said:
    RhiannonSalad‌
    Are you guys getting close??? Any day now???
    I'm basically holding off my release for Android until the Revmob/Chartboost gets fixed.

We are close. But I would go ahead and release your game and then follow it up with an update once we get the next build out. You can always include revmob and Chartboost at a later date.

@RhiannonSalad said:
    We are close. But I would go ahead and release your game and then follow it up with an update once we get the next build out. You can always include revmob and Chartboost at a later date.

On Google Playstore, the game is Free with ads monetization and w/o Revmob/Chartboost... I basically would be giving all my work for nothing :(

I'll wait.. thanks!!!

@phamtastic said:
    I'll wait.. thanks!!!

Oh I see what you mean. Sorry buddy =/

@RhiannonSalad said:
    About Facebook problems, Gamesalad has big long delay, If a new version next month Gamesalad longer support the Facebook, In HTML5 & iOS & Android, I will be fine. My God, Gamesalad can not hurry it?

• zenoahzenoah Member, PRO Posts: 56

I guess the reason I rant about the lack of Nightly builds is the name suggests that they should be very frequent, if there not it's seems an odd section of the page to keep. They should just be called alpha builds.

v.254 = 1st April 2014
    v.250 = 18th March 2014
    v.244 = 27th Feb 2014
    v.242 = 25th Feb 2014

The other reason frustration strikes is I know GS could be something very special with the right features being implemented in the right order. Here's the features and order I would add them in.

• Actor collision detection - user defined shape or alpha channel
    • in-app purchase for all 3 platforms - Google, Apple, Amazon
    • Facebook integration
    • Obfuscation
    • UI Framework - Fonts, iOS buttons, Text entry, etc - Fonts priority
    • Select multiple actors to move/copy/delete
    • Zoom in/out function for creator canvas (to see detail/small adjustments)
    • Find/Replace attributes/text in creator
    • Copy/Paste entire rows/columns in tables
    • Creating and keeping named custom resolution settings (already feature, needs fix)
    • Push notifications
    • Animation Support
    • Improved Physics - joints, etc
    • Camera/microphone access

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@zenoah‌ An excellent list my friend. I would be over the moon with a stable release that just included the first four on your list.

@PhilipCC said:
    zenoah‌ An excellent list my friend. I would be over the moon with a stable release that just included the first four on your list.

I just need these two and I'm happy:

• in-app purchase for all 3 platforms - Google, Apple, Amazon
      • Facebook integration
  • djdeedjdee Member Posts: 180

Hi,
    am using game salad 0.11.0.13 beta. when i submit my app it gets rejected and the reason that they give is "PLA 3.3.12". I really have no idea what to do. I've searched through the form, but dint get any solution.

what is
    Stable Releases
    Release Candidates
    Nightlies

do i need to download Stable Releases or Release Candidates or Nightlies and resubmit my app ?

Thank You

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    edited July 2014

@BlackCloakGS‌

Are there plans to reduce the memory usage of applications made in Game Salad?

Since upgrading my game from 10.4 to 0.11.XX.XX my game crashes after playing 2 or 3 levels. I used to be able to play 20 missions in a row without it crashing.

• hosam123hosam123 Member, PRO Posts: 2

thx

@Hymloe said:
    BlackCloakGS‌

Are there plans to reduce the memory usage of applications made in Game Salad?

Since upgrading my game from 10.4 to 0.11.XX.XX my game crashes after playing 2 or 3 levels. I used to be able to play 20 missions in a row without it crashing.

Send us your updated project in a support ticket, if you haven't already. We'll take a look at it and see if we can figure out whats going on. =)

• PliskenPlisken Member Posts: 3

I have exactly the same issue like Hymloe :( Mostly it crashes now after playing more than 10 to 15 times the levels and changing a scene after finishing a level.

Thanks @RhiannonSalad‌, I'll send you my game project ASAP.

Like @Plisken‌ says, it happens generally when it tries to change scenes, but mine does also crash in the middle of playing through a level.

• luke2125luke2125 Member, PRO Posts: 225

Hi,

I think this is the issue I'm also having with Kindle Fire HD 7, using ad-hoc, I publised to Kindle Fire HD 7, and after pressing button for change scene to main scene of game, it just crashes. I also tested my ad-hoc on Nexus 7, and it works fine, but occasionally it crashes as well. Hopefully Gamesalad staff, can fix this soon....God Bless....

Sincerely,

Sunday

I don't have much hope that Game Salad will ever reduce the memory usage, and therefore my game is possibly going to be unreleasable with any version past 10.4, which has a sound bug in it that really annoys me. But I might have to accept that and just use a very old version. A great shame.

@Hymloe said:
    I don't have much hope that Game Salad will ever reduce the memory usage, and therefore my game is possibly going to be unreleasable with any version past 10.4, which has a sound bug in it that really annoys me. But I might have to accept that and just use a very old version. A great shame.

We got your gameproj, we're swamped! BUT I asked QA to check out the issue you're experiencing. We'll let you know what we find. =)

Facebook.....Alas!!!
    How long do I have?

can't wait for the new update ><

@RhiannonSalad said:
    We got your gameproj, we're swamped! BUT I asked QA to check out the issue you're experiencing. We'll let you know what we find. =)

Thanks! Give it a try on iPad 2. On mine, it crashes after playing 1 - 3 missions. I did a clean re-install of the GSViewer, but it didn't help.

Thanks. All the best.

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730
    edited July 2014

@Hymloe Are you using the same scene for the missions or do you do change scene between them? If you are using the same scene then make sure to destroy all actors after they are used (instead of e.g. hiding them) and respawn when needed. In my opinion that is basically a must in more complex "one-scene" projects now since memory is not being flushed/cleared completely when using "reset scene" (which also means that if the player dies a lot on the same scene memory will build up unless you destroy your actors or change to another scene).

Note that even hidden actors (without images attached), that you may have on your scene, will take up memory (which will not be released during "reset scene" unless you destroy them before the scene reset or if you change to another scene). So the memory will build up and may eventually crash/close your app. You don't even have to do an adhoc to check this, you can see it if you study the memory usage when you have loaded your app on your device via the gs viewer. Just a tip based and what you wrote..