Heads up for 1.25 release

11920212224

Comments

  • AngryBoiAngryBoi Member Posts: 586

    This updates gonna be awesome!

  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited April 2016

    @PHFI said:
    @PhilipCC said:

    When you consider that Corona has only 17 Pros, Stencyl 44 Pros, Clickteam Fusion 182 Pros, Cocos 2D 106 Pros and Unity 180 Pros...

    Where did you get this information?

    Directly from the Slant website: http://www.slant.co/topics/341/~2d-game-engines, compliments @Valan 's link. :)

    @AlchimiaStudios Thanks for clarifying about the Pros and Cons.

    Speaking of Cons, when I was originally investigating App building engines I came across a couple of promoters who need to be locked up!

  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

    @AlchimiaStudios said:

    @RossmanBrothersGames said:
    I'm guessing @CodeWizard and @GeorgeGS feel like this right now

    Rofl. What's that from?

    A Cartoon Network show called "We Bare Bears"

  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,919
    edited April 2016

    @codewizard has identified the stuttering cause and is working on a fix! Won't be long now. Whoop! When you get your hands on this build you will see it was worth the wait. This build will allow us to count on it for a long time, minus any updates for external services like ad networks, OS updates et... This is a build you can count on into the future.

    This weekends guru live stream will be on 1.25 and how to use the new features.

  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

    Ooh it sounds good, I am letting myself get a little excited.

  • DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

    Great times await! :)

  • Nabbo (ReflectiveByte)Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Member Posts: 278
    edited April 2016

    Kool!! I am waiting for the update to come out so that I can show very useful cheats!! I want to show my RPG too .. I used new logics but I think lets hold!

  • jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611
    edited April 2016

    Sounds great lost, now everyone will just complain about snap to grid and an actor painting tool instead of drag click! Ha! Ok maybe just me, lol can't wait this this build I have 3 pretty big games to release I've been very quiet about :) I had faith in GS and continued my Pro sub :)

  • GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840
    edited April 2016

    Great news. Well done.

  • RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Member Posts: 659

    @AlchimiaStudios said:

    @RossmanBrothersGames said:
    I'm guessing @CodeWizard and @GeorgeGS feel like this right now

    Rofl. What's that from?

    I had no idea but @KevinCross got us covered

  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

    @lycettebros said:
    ...the quiet before the storm?

    We could be in a drought! :sweat_smile:

  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

    Only an Aussie (or perhaps a Californian) would say that! :)

  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,919
    edited April 2016

    It was quiet today on the slack forum but I know codewizard has found the issue. It's a complicated issue and has to do with how the draw code and physics code sync. This is called delta time. Delta time has to do how the engine adjusts based on the frame rate performance on a given device. one device will process faster than another based on processor, ram et... This is why some encountered the shuddering and others not. Deta time quantifies things to sync the draw cycle and physics to perform properly on each device. There are several ways to impliment delta time adjustment. This takes a lot of minor adjustments across many parts of the code. Adjusting the delta time is global to the entire engine so tweeks to other things may be required until everything works in perfect sync. It's a kind of adjust, test, adjust this, test, adjust that, test, readjust that, test and on and on until you find the sweet spot.

    This is the article codewizard pointed us tester to so we could understand the issue.

    http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/

  • WyrdGuitaristWyrdGuitarist Member, PRO Posts: 91

    Thanks for the info @Lost_Oasis_Games , interesting to read about what's going on behind the scenes :)

  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,919

    @WyrdGuitarist said:
    Thanks for the info @Lost_Oasis_Games , interesting to read about what's going on behind the scenes :)

    I've tried to be candid as possible and the GS team has generously allowed me to share with you these things. I firmly believe being candid about the issues helps the community and brings understanding which fosters patience from users. When we understand how difficult the process can be for them to sort out these issues, we have greater appreciation for all their efforts. We testers have forged a great working relationship with the team. We've been able, through our volunteer efforts, to lighten their load and allow them to focus on the work of fixing bugs instead of spending time finding bugs, sorting them and making sample test projects. When we find a bug we try and narrow the issue, build a raw sample project, upload that to the bug database and provide detailed explanations. We're not looking for praise at all! We do this because we want the software to be great and we ourselves are heavy invested in time and learning in this software. We each decided on our own we wanted to do what we could to help. My outlook on life has always been, I want to be part of solutions not part of the problem.

  • GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

    I think things have calmed down because of your very detailed explanations.

    Communication is the crux of any relationship.

    Thank-you for keeping us informed.

  • 8bitninja8bitninja Member Posts: 367

    Yes! Thanks you! @Lost_Oasis_Games

  • dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

    @lycettebros said:
    Only an Aussie (or perhaps a Californian) would say that! :)

    @Lost_Oasis_Games said:

    This is the article codewizard pointed us tester to so we could understand the issue.

    http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/

    Ha! Had no idea he sent that. Interestingly enough, that's my friend Glenn Fiedler's blog. Who is, coincidentally, an Aussie.

    Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

  • Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

    Wow I have been "gone" from GS for a while....there is 652 new comments...24 pages in this thread for a heads up and not even an update to 1.25 and I see there will still be another 1.24 before that.

    Just a heads up...I won't be making anymore tutorials or updating them. I will leave the site up until October but feel free to rip them and put them anywhere with no credits needed. Hope they continue to help others until they just don't help anymore due to constant changes by Apple. Also, I will not be renewing my subscription to GS in October. I haven't used GS in months it's ran its course for me and I'm just not really into it anymore. I would ha e held on had Graphene become a reality but 1.25 doesn't seem to be coming and I still am getting emails showing votes for iOSTV...no roadmap to even get excited about. I know it sounds harsh and as if I'm bitching but I'm not. It's more showing the facts that continue to keep me from needing to use GS anymore. Sorry if it sounds offensive.

    This has been a good community to be in and I have enjoyed being a part of it but...and here is the but...if I'm not going to be using GS anymore then I feel there isn't a need to be a part of it anymore. It's not like a forum covering "gaming/developing" as a whole but very strictly GS.

    I almost wasn't going to post anything at all and just...be gone but wanted to at least add...thanks and a goodbye to all those I met here.

    Thanks folks...
    David

  • teamdklteamdkl Member Posts: 12

    @Thunder_Child it's a shame to leave before at least trying 1.25. I've been waiting myself for this update since last year, can't move forward with the current state of GS. I'm hoping the wait will pay off, but I'm starting to look at alternatives as well.

    Anyway, thanks for leaving up the tutorials.

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,269

    @Thunder_Child said:
    Wow I have been "gone" from GS for a while....there is 652 new comments...24 pages in this thread for a heads up and not even an update to 1.25 and I see there will still be another 1.24 before that.

    Just a heads up...I won't be making anymore tutorials or updating them. I will leave the site up until October but feel free to rip them and put them anywhere with no credits needed. Hope they continue to help others until they just don't help anymore due to constant changes by Apple. Also, I will not be renewing my subscription to GS in October. I haven't used GS in months it's ran its course for me and I'm just not really into it anymore. I would ha e held on had Graphene become a reality but 1.25 doesn't seem to be coming and I still am getting emails showing votes for iOSTV...no roadmap to even get excited about. I know it sounds harsh and as if I'm bitching but I'm not. It's more showing the facts that continue to keep me from needing to use GS anymore. Sorry if it sounds offensive.

    This has been a good community to be in and I have enjoyed being a part of it but...and here is the but...if I'm not going to be using GS anymore then I feel there isn't a need to be a part of it anymore. It's not like a forum covering "gaming/developing" as a whole but very strictly GS.

    I almost wasn't going to post anything at all and just...be gone but wanted to at least add...thanks and a goodbye to all those I met here.

    Thanks folks...
    David

    Sorry to see you go David. You've been a huge help to the community for the last few years. Best of luck in the future!

  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited April 2016

    @Thunder_Child I am so sorry that you're leaving us. You have contributed so very much over the time that I have been a member and you have taught me a great deal. You will truly be missed.

    I've been in a holding pattern for months too. It would be easy to give up GS and focus on other areas of my existing business, but after a considerable amount of contemplation, and the flow of positive intel from @Lost_Oasis_Games , I renewed my membership on Friday. Besides, I publically told @lycettebros that I would.

    However, I'm starting to hate this thread. I check it at least twice a day and half the time it bouys my spirits, and half the time I feel despondent... especially when a longstanding member, or a GameSalad Team member, leaves us.

  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

    Yes sad news to lose @Thunder_Child, good luck with your future Child of Thunder you will be missed. :(

  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,919
    edited April 2016

    @Thunder_Child good luck! It was a pleasure to watch you go from a struggling developer on the verge of giving up to someone who pushed past it and became a solid developer. You came a long way baby!

  • DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

    @Thomasjoseph said:
    My 6 Year old niece would love to play battleborn and starwars series. She is now playing fallout series 2.

    That was a very informative post. Thank you.

  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

    @Thunder_Child, best of luck to you. You've been a great asset to the community! Hope everything goes well for you in the future!

  • HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 247

    How's progress on the update going? Should we be expecting anything in the next couple of weeks?

Sign In or Register to comment.