167891012»

Comments

• LoadedLoaded Member Posts: 240
    Added
    • csv export:
    - Exports actors' x, y, width, height, and rotation

You're a bloody legend @Manto1 !!!

You can have my money for sure now :)

Website » Twitter » Facebook » Loaded Arts - Fun for thumbs.

Developer Blog » 08/01/2015 - Week 72 – Apple, the great dictator…

• MantoManto Member Posts: 796
    edited February 2014
    How about an import so after you've exported, if you then change the values, reimport, it moves to the new values? Or just be able to see like a live preview of the csv that you could change on the fly without needing to export … that would be super useful
    @beefy_clyro
    Can you explain what you would use it for? Do you just need a way to see all actor attributes (position, size, rotation) at the same time?

@Loaded Thanks!
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Yeh just being able to see all actors attributes in a list, or by layers etc. Just a way of being able to line up and space actors out evenly very quickly
  • robotron1963robotron1963 Member Posts: 1

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but is there any sort of support forum for the CSE full version? http://www.mantuapps.com doesn't seem to have been updated much recently.

I bought this utility and it is very convenient, but I've had a couple of issues and also can't seem to figure out how to access some of the features I've seen in the videos. Just wondering where I can get some support for it.

edited April 2014

@robotron1963 said:
    Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but is there any sort of support forum for the CSE full version? http://www.mantuapps.com doesn't seem to have been updated much recently.

I bought this utility and it is very convenient, but I've had a couple of issues and also can't seem to figure out how to access some of the features I've seen in the videos. Just wondering where I can get some support for it.

@robotron1963 Hey, please email me about the issues you're having. My email is juha.eskonen@dnainternet.net.

• Agent ArgyleAgent Argyle Member, PRO Posts: 188

Is this still a viable project? The last comments and demo are from 2013. We could still use these features...

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

Actually, I would love to know if it's viable too. I know this is an old thread, but if it still works, I could have some use for it.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276
    edited June 2015

@Agent Argyle @ookami007

There is a link in @Manto s signature to his website.
    You can download a free version of the scene editor and try if it still works.

EDIT: I tested the free version, and it works fine. But it seems that the free version has very limited features.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

edited June 2015

@Agent Argyle @ookami007

Thanks for your interest.

Yes, the tool still works and is updated when needed (e.g. when GameSalad changes the file structures).

There is also a new version coming soon, which will come as a free upgrade.

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

Pg 1...oh sweet snap to grid.

Pg2. Alright cool looks great...

Pg 3-7....man this is exactly what I need for slots, bingo, card games.

Pg....oh my gerd a free version...download here...save book mark for later.

Pg 12....oh !

Back to looking for a usable method to snap to grid. Guess this needs to be a feature request agin

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

@ookami007 said:
    Actually, I would love to know if it's viable too. I know this is an old thread, but if it still works, I could have some use for it.

i see you found it :)

• francis.charland@videotron.cafrancis.charland@videotron.ca 3D Artist/Generalist Quebec, CanadaMember, PRO Posts: 48

I talked about this tool in a Meetup and the GS team does'nt seems to know it exist.... A full support with the engine would be Awesome. I had no issue so far using it in complement with GS but I'm still scared that stuff in my game could be broken up because of the external editing via this app...

• pjburnhillpjburnhill Brighton, UKMember Posts: 18
    edited October 2015

W.O.W. @Manto !!

After asking about supporting level editors for GS @Socks pointed me to this thread... Read the whole thread and WOW.

I know people have been mentioning this many times, but excellent work! And from a fellow Finn too ;)

Are you still developing this? I'm planning on making an isometric tile-driven game - how would this work with that kind of layout?

Again, flippin' awesome work!

Cheers,
    PJ Palomaki

p.s. I tried the free version and it lists the projects and scenes fine but when I select a scene, none of the graphics are shown. All actors are in their correct position, scale and rotation but are just filled white boxes rather than their graphics. I'm on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). (This is a screenshot from the Big Top Blaster game in GS, background hidden - screenshot)

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

Love it! Looks awesome! You should just make your own engine lol

edited October 2015

I know people have been mentioning this many times, but excellent work! And from a fellow Finn too ;)

Thanks! :blush:

@pjburnhill said:
    p.s. I tried the free version and it lists the projects and scenes fine but when I select a scene, none of the graphics are shown. All actors are in their correct position, scale and rotation but are just filled white boxes rather than their graphics. I'm on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).

It looks like that currently the graphics are not loaded correctly in the free version, but the paid version works just fine.

@jdlcrater said:
    Love it! Looks awesome! You should just make your own engine lol

Thanks! Haha. It's a bit more work, though :smiley:

• Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302

@Manto Thank you so much for you creation.

Question, in your program Level Editor, is there a way to scroll left and right if your scene width is huge?

@Simple Gamer Arts said:
    @Manto Thank you so much for you creation.

Question, in your program Level Editor, is there a way to scroll left and right if your scene width is huge?

Nice to hear the editor is still useful.

You can move the view by pressing and holding spacebar and clicking and dragging.